“Great food but a surprise at the end”
Review of Osteria Pronto

Osteria Pronto
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Pronto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 2,351 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington
Description: Osteria Pronto, located on the lobby level of the JW Marriott hotel in Indianapolis, serves authentic regional Italian Cuisine in a casual and comfortable environment with an approachable price point. From the open kitchen, the culinary team prepares Osteria's menu from scratch with local products and fresh ingredients. The wine list celebrates wines of Italy, with representations from the US and other prominent wine regions worldwide. The bar and lounge feature all day dining and a broad selection of specialty cocktails. "Osteria Pronto: Your neighborhood gathering place!" The word Osteria (oste'ria) in Italian literally means "Tavern" and refers to a casual inexpensive restaurant that is part of a neighborhood's daily lifestyle. Pronto (pron'to), literally means "ready" and is considered to be a friendly and inviting greeting.
Vancouver, Canada
“Great food but a surprise at the end”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I enjoyed delicious food at this restaurant, and really could have ordered anything on the menu, it all looked good. I had a delicious fettuccini with mushrooms, and found the sauce flavorful without being overly heavy or creamy. I had read the reviews for this restaurant, including one that said the patron was surprised by their bill at the end where they had ordered the option of the small portion of pasta but were billed for the large. And of course that was an obvious mistake and easily fixed. So I was surprised to see the same thing on my bill, where I was charged for the large serving. I asked my server, as I thought the portion was very generous and she assured me that I had been served the small portion. Then why was I being billed for the larger one? The server informed me that the buttons on her machine where she enters the order were too close together, and that was the reason. So I must say the food and service throughout dinner was very good, and I enjoyed my meal, but the surprise ending was off-putting, especially having read about the same concern here. My bill was immediately corrected, but I wonder if this does happen often?

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank sola123
Ryan M, General Manager at Osteria Pronto, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for your review. We have made this a training topic with the staff and have corrected the computer to minimize the potential for this sort of error. I assure that this doesn't happen often but once or twice is too many. I am happy to see that your bill was fixed promptly and that the rest of your experience was great. Again, thank you for the review and please visit us again the next time you are in the Indianapolis area.

New York City, New York
“Awesome service”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The foods were great and the service (at least during day time). The server we had, he went above and beyond to help us. We hang there for hours and they didn't seem to mind.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Venus V
Ryan M, General Manager at Osteria Pronto, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We know our guests need to utilize their lunch time to conduct business and are glad to see that we are accommodating. We are working on our spring/summer menu and hope to see you in to try our chef's latest creations when you are back in the Indianapolis area.
Providence, Rhode Island
“nice breakfast waitress outstanding attitude”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

breakfast staff great, food choices included turkey sausage, egg whites, healthy options. Waitess was mexican american (dont recall name) -fantastic service and very pleasant

Visited January 2014
Ryan M, General Manager at Osteria Pronto, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are always excited to celebrate great reviews with team. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in from Rhode Island.

Durham, North Carolina
“Great Breakfast & Italian Dinner”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Staying in the JW Marriott and enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Superb omelet station and exquisite homeade pastries (scones were out of this world!). For dinner we loved the caprese salad, the sea bass and the penne with spicy sausage and rapini.

Visited December 2013
Ryan M, General Manager at Osteria Pronto, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for having breakfast and dinner with us at Osteria Pronto and for the review on tripadvisor. We will celebrate this with the team and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Indianapolis area.

eureka, il
“Gluten free pasta great!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Our entire experience at this restaurant was memorable. The service was almost perfect, the atmosphere delightful with everyone seeming happy and pleasant-what a joy!
And then there is the food-it was so good! My husband had the salmon which was flaky, very mild but tasty and the sauce was perfect! I had gluten free pasta with veggies and marinara sauce and it was just like regular pasta-not grainy nor did it stick together like gluten free pasta sometimes does! When I asked for marinara sauce the waitress asked if they could "dress it up a bit" back in the kitchen as they like to do!
This was a wonderful new year's eve experience!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank nurse4death
Thank you for celebrating New Year's Eve with us and for your comments about the restaurant. We are always excited to celebrate great reviews with the team and they love seeing them. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in Indy.