“Excellent Food - Service little slow”
Review of Osteria Pronto

Osteria Pronto
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Pronto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 2,409 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington
Description: Osteria Pronto, located on the lobby level of the JW Marriott hotel in Indianapolis, serves authentic regional Italian Cuisine in a casual and comfortable environment with an approachable price point. From the open kitchen, the culinary team prepares Osteria's menu from scratch with local products and fresh ingredients. The wine list celebrates wines of Italy, with representations from the US and other prominent wine regions worldwide. The bar and lounge feature all day dining and a broad selection of specialty cocktails. "Osteria Pronto: Your neighborhood gathering place!" The word Osteria (oste'ria) in Italian literally means "Tavern" and refers to a casual inexpensive restaurant that is part of a neighborhood's daily lifestyle. Pronto (pron'to), literally means "ready" and is considered to be a friendly and inviting greeting.
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The food was amazing - but the service was a bit on the slow side. Could be because they make all of their orders as they receive them so it's fresh but the waiter could have been more attentive. We joined our party 20 minutes later than the rest and we didn't see the waiter until the appetizers were finally coming out. Luckily we were there on business so we weren't in a HUGE rush but this would be tough for families waiting to feed their kids..

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had dinner here and it was an all-around great experience. The dress-code is casual and prices are very reasonable, yet the restaurant has a more upscale feel to it. The service was wonderful. Our waiter showed just the right amount of attentiveness - we always had what we needed, but it wasn't so excessive that we were being interrupted constantly. I had the gnocchi which was fabulous - I highly recommend it! It is filled with ricotta cheese, and the sauce has chunks of fresh mozzarella and large chunks of tomatoes. The bread that is served when you first sit down is also delicious.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I'm always hesitant to try hotel restaurants, although by being open-minded and taking a chance, I have occasionally found gems. This falls into the "gem" category. I had worried also that the very reasonable prices were too low for an upscale hotel. Not to worry, the food was fantastic. The entrees we tried were a bit on the small side, but considering the quality and the price, I have no complaints. The seafood cannelloni was delicious, although I would have preferred a little more texture in the seafood filling (it was a bit too close to pureed for my taste). The cioppino was excellent, full of shrimp, mussels, and clams, along with a sparing amount of very delicate fish. The highlight of the meal was the calamari appetizer. I try calamari everywhere, and I am a picky critic. The was the best I have ever tasted--at least as good as any I have tried in Croatia, where it is essentially a national dish. What makes it unique is that the chef combines the perfectly cooked calamari with various very thinly sliced vegetables that somehow are crisp, rather than greasy. It would have been quite acceptable as true Japanese tempura (not the greasy imitations), although so thinly sliced that I actually prefer it. Imagine calamari with very delicate carrot (and other vegetable) strips. In reading my comment, it doesn't sound nearly as good as it actually was, so you simply have to try it for yourself. I didn't know calamari could be this good. In terms of ambience, the restaurant is relaxed and not particularly fancy, which may be good or bad, depending on your priorities. I have toddlers, so I appreciated the less formal environment. Don't expect fake Roman ruins or other kitschy stuff. They reserve the artistic touch for the presentation of the food itself. I actually took a photo of the calamari! The service was also great; in fact, a server who did not even wait on us entertained our little girl every time he walked by. This was my first visit, but Osteria Pronto is now on my short list of Indy restaurants.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Hosted two work dinners here. Both family style dining for groups between 20-40 people. Service was excellent! Food was outstanding. Hope to use this restaurant again when in Indianapolis. By the way, loved the meatballs!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Ate here during a business luncheon and greatly enjoyed the salmon ceasar salad. The bread was also delicious but the music was a little loud and made conversing difficult at times.