“Welcome to Indy”
Review of High Velocity

High Velocity
Reserve with OpenTable
High Velocity is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 2,394 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington
Description: As one of the largest in Downtown Indy, High Velocity is taking sports bars to a whole new level, featuring 60 plasma TVs and serving 16 varieties of beer fresh from the tap, delicious appetizers, fresh salads, sliders, burgers, chicken wings and more. Plus, High Velocity's Sky Box is defined by its 85-inch 3D plasma television, where guests can watch sports in the comfort of cozy sofa seating or casual seating areas.
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This was our first dining stop on a recent visit to Indy. We decided to try this place out because of the good reviews. I can agree that the high praise is well deserved. The atmosphere was a step above your typical sports bar. Our waiter was very attentive and made us feel right at home. His recommendation for the special “Sloppy Joe” Burger was a good one. We ordered the Reuben, as well. Both meals were very good. He also recommended a trip across the street to watch the Indy Indians (Triple-A ball team) play at Victory Field. It was a great start to one of our best weekends in Indy yet.

1  Thank TwofromChicago
Phil R, General Manager at High Velocity, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Thank you for your great feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to High Velocity. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.
We hope to welcome you back when you return to Indy.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Escaped a conference to the hotel bar of the JW Marriot on a Saturday afternoon (7/12/14) and had a great time due to an amazing bartender. I will definitely will be back for the great service and personality. Thanks Katy.

Ben Myers

Thank you for visiting High Velocity and I'm glad to see Katy took great care of you. She is an asset to our team, and I will share your feedback with her.
We'll be looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed at jw for a little staycation. Our bartenders were great. Katy took care of us and made our experience unforgettable. We even got a card and chocolate that same night from her. I recommend this place to anyone. Locals and travelers. The pot stickers are wonderful. Fun happy staff.

Phil R, General Manager at High Velocity, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

I'm so happy you enjoyed your visit to High Velocity, and thank you for your kind comments about Katy. She is an asset to our team, and I will share your feedback with her.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

As soon as I sat down at the bar (dodging a storm at the concert) I pulled out my ID. My cousin and I were ignored for several minutes. Katy finally took my beer order. I had to grab her attention a second time for a menu. This was quiet the task given I could not get any eye contact. When I asked for the menu she acted as if it was a burden. When I decided on an entree, I sat the menu aside and folded my hands. Again no eye and completely ignored by EVERY staff member. I was not being rude but very polite the whole time. I ultimately decided not to order food because of the poor service.
Katy went to the back for a few minutes and came out still chewing on her food that she ate from the back, along with another staff member. She then was hiding on the other side of the bar for a while. At this point I was eager to leave this place (not having touched my beer yet) but could not because the bartender insisted on putting down the credit card while we sat there...mmk whatever. We drank the beer, closed out, and left.
This is not my own opinion/ facts but the same opinion/ facts as the other patrons around me. I would invite the management to review the security footage to verify my information (7/25/14 at aprox. 7:45pm wearing green at the end of the bar).

3  Thank Leland B
Phil R, General Manager at High Velocity, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry you experienced this type of service level at our hotel. We always try to provide our guests with an excellent experience, and it is clear that we did not meet your expectations...or our own. Please be assured that we will be doing some additional training with the team, and I do hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our service.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

This is the JW Marriott sports bar. I tried several option from the menu but the Ruben the best. If you do not want to leave the hotel for a meal, this is a safe bet. As in the rest of the hotel, the staff is just outstanding.

2  Thank doliveir

Thank you for your comments and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to the JW and High Velocity. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.