“Good place to eat”
Review of High Velocity

High Velocity
Reserve with OpenTable
High Velocity is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 2,355 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington
Description: As one of the largest in Downtown Indy, High Velocity is taking sports bars to a whole new level, featuring 60 plasma TVs and serving 16 varieties of beer fresh from the tap, delicious appetizers, fresh salads, sliders, burgers, chicken wings and more. Plus, High Velocity's Sky Box is defined by its 85-inch 3D plasma television, where guests can watch sports in the comfort of cozy sofa seating or casual seating areas.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good place to eat”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Good place to grab a burger or appetizer. Very good location next to convention center and ball park. Biggest drawback...the place was not full but very loud.

Visited April 2014
Assistant2, General Manager at High Velocity, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for your post and your positive comments. I'm sorry you found the restaurant to be a little loud. I do hope you will continue to use our facility whenever you are in the area. Phil Ray, General Manager

Lockport, Illinois
“Couldn't get any better: great food and even better service”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

On a drive through Indianapolis, my family and I stopped at the JW Marriott hotel and the High Velocity sports bar. Our waiter, Chad, was the most responsive waiter I've ever had. He literally anticipated our every need, and the food was terrific. The portions were huge, yet the prices were very reasonable. In short, we had a great experience and plan to return the next time we drive through Indy. My complements to the whole team, including the manager, Katy.

• Visited March 2014
Assistant2, General Manager at High Velocity, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for your post. I appreciate your positive comments and I will share them with Chad, Katie and the team. We'll be looking forward to your next visit. Phil Ray, General Manager
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“High Velocity is a Good Stop for a Snack”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

High Velocity has turned out to be a good spot to stop and get a snack. While the loaded fries were outstanding, I was disappointed in the cheesecake. It appeared to be a no bake version from a box.

Visited March 2014
Assistant2, General Manager at High Velocity, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
I wanted to thank you for your feedback. I was sorry we did not meet your expectations with regards to the cheesecake. I will speak to the Chef in this regard. Again, we enjoyed having you with us, and hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Sports Bar!!!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Great sports bar. Lots of TV's and the food is really good. Definitely recommend the dry rub wings and chicken tenders. Bartenders Jaime and Max are really good too.

1 Thank Tarheelbf
Thank you for your feedback. I was glad to see Jaime and Max were so helpful, and I'll share your kudos with them. We'll be looking forward to your return. Phil Ray, General Manager
San Francisco Bay Area
“Not your average bar fare--yum!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

While staying at the JW Marriott for a convention, I ate twice at High Velocity, and both times I felt that the meals were solid restaurant quality rather than routine bar food.

The night I arrived, I ordered the Tandoori Grilled Chicken Lettuce wraps, and the strips of chicken were succulent and tasty, well seasoned and flavorful. I varied putting in the shredded carrots, bean sprouts, and slices of cucumbers to find whether I preferred one combo to another. I also switched between the two sauces, one a spicy peanut and the other a sesame soy ginger, depending on what flavor I wanted in my mouth. I was surprised to see the lettuce wasn't cups of iceberg but leaves of butter lettuce, but those worked equally well and still provided a bit of crunch. The bartender had warned me that it was a messy dish, but anyone ordering this dish should know that in advance -- and there's always a place to wash your hands afterwards, so that's not a big deal. This meal went well with the Bulleit bourbon neat I had also ordered.

The next day, needing sustenance between sessions at the convention, I went into High Velocity again to try the Cubano pressed sandwich I'd seen on the menu the night before but knew then that would've been too much for me. The sandwich was toasty and warm, with a bit of a spicy kick, accompanied by fries -- filling, most definitely. The fries were crisp rather than greasy. This meal went well with the local brew I had ordered.

Both times, service was quick although I could linger a bit there at the bar where I'd sat to enjoy my bourbon or my beer while watching some games of March Madness during a break from attending sessions at the convention. Service was friendly and attentive without being overbearing. And the bills both times were under $25 -- quite reasonable! I'd say it's a good place to go for lunch, dinner, or drinks.

• Visited March 2014
Assistant2, General Manager at High Velocity, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for your post. I will be sure to share your comments with my team, and we hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the area. Phil Ray, General Manager`