“Great Sports Bar!!!”
Review of High Velocity

High Velocity
Reserve with OpenTable
High Velocity is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 2,417 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington
Description: As one of the largest in Downtown Indy, High Velocity is taking sports bars to a whole new level, featuring 60 plasma TVs and serving 16 varieties of beer fresh from the tap, delicious appetizers, fresh salads, sliders, burgers, chicken wings and more. Plus, High Velocity's Sky Box is defined by its 85-inch 3D plasma television, where guests can watch sports in the comfort of cozy sofa seating or casual seating areas.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Great sports bar. Lots of TV's and the food is really good. Definitely recommend the dry rub wings and chicken tenders. Bartenders Jaime and Max are really good too.

1  Thank Tarheelbf
Assistant2, General Manager at High Velocity, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I was glad to see Jaime and Max were so helpful, and I'll share your kudos with them. We'll be looking forward to your return. Phil Ray, General Manager

Reviewed March 27, 2014

While staying at the JW Marriott for a convention, I ate twice at High Velocity, and both times I felt that the meals were solid restaurant quality rather than routine bar food.

The night I arrived, I ordered the Tandoori Grilled Chicken Lettuce wraps, and the strips of chicken were succulent and tasty, well seasoned and flavorful. I varied putting in the shredded carrots, bean sprouts, and slices of cucumbers to find whether I preferred one combo to another. I also switched between the two sauces, one a spicy peanut and the other a sesame soy ginger, depending on what flavor I wanted in my mouth. I was surprised to see the lettuce wasn't cups of iceberg but leaves of butter lettuce, but those worked equally well and still provided a bit of crunch. The bartender had warned me that it was a messy dish, but anyone ordering this dish should know that in advance -- and there's always a place to wash your hands afterwards, so that's not a big deal. This meal went well with the Bulleit bourbon neat I had also ordered.

The next day, needing sustenance between sessions at the convention, I went into High Velocity again to try the Cubano pressed sandwich I'd seen on the menu the night before but knew then that would've been too much for me. The sandwich was toasty and warm, with a bit of a spicy kick, accompanied by fries -- filling, most definitely. The fries were crisp rather than greasy. This meal went well with the local brew I had ordered.

Both times, service was quick although I could linger a bit there at the bar where I'd sat to enjoy my bourbon or my beer while watching some games of March Madness during a break from attending sessions at the convention. Service was friendly and attentive without being overbearing. And the bills both times were under $25 -- quite reasonable! I'd say it's a good place to go for lunch, dinner, or drinks.

Assistant2, General Manager at High Velocity, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for your post. I will be sure to share your comments with my team, and we hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the area. Phil Ray, General Manager`

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband had read about this in the visitor magazine, and thought we'd give it a try while we were at the Big 10 men's basketball tournament. Fun vibe, great sports bar, but breezy and really hip. We liked it a lot. Wait was about 30-45 minutes, so we got a drink in the lounge bar at JW Marriott. Once seated at High Velocity, it was great. Food came out slow, but they explained that it was very, very busy, and they gave us a free dessert. We weren't in any hurry, so we didn't mind the pace. My Cubano was excellent. Very fun place.

Thank you for your great feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to High Velocity, and we hope to welcome you back in the future. Phil Ray, General Manager

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had lunch twice and had the burger. I loved the pretzel roll and the beef was really fresh. Nice wine list and very friendly staff. Service was prompt.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

The food and service were great and the menu items go beyond anything you'd expect to find in a sports bar, including healthy options. The presentation is beautiful and the prices are reasonable. They do more than the usual preparation of their food in house and their baked goods are from a local bakery.
We had a lettuce wrap appetizer and a marinated skirt steak with cheese potato croquettes for our first meal and both were delicious. We never realized skirt steak could be so tender! Our server's advice on was spot on re: what to request re doneness of the steak. We wouldn't have known to request rare or medium rare instead of medium because the steak keeps cooking for a bit and it's cut very thin. Our servers were very attentive both meals but not oppresively so and we never felt pressured to hurry even though they were having a busy time. There were TVs everywhere and yet it didn't have the high noise level associated with most Sports Bars. We can easily see why it's rated among the top 100 Sports Bars in the US.

Assistant2, General Manager at High Velocity, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

It was a pleasure to have you with us, and I'm glad to see you enjoyed your visit to High Velocity. We have a great team and I'll share your kudos with them. We'll be looking forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager