“Great food but service not consistent”
Review of Mesh Restaurant

Mesh Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mesh Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 2,375 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mass Ave & Park
Indianapolis
“Great food but service not consistent”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The first time we went to Mesh it was amazing. The food was to die for. Granted, the server sold us on everything from the cheese board to dessert afterward. I'm glad he did because it has been a long time since I had such a fabulous meal. The second time we visited we had a slightly larger group, were sat in the bar, had two different servers, and I felt like we were constantly having miscommunication issues. It was a little frustrating because we had gone on and on about how great the place was. Now, our food was still great. Even the sweet potato chips that I had with my burger were fabulous. But when I got the check I felt like the experience may not have been worth the price. I didn't feel that way the first time I went. Anyway, I still recommend it. The food is great. I would probably steer clear of the bar on your first trip unless you want TV distraction. It does get a bit noisy.

• Visited January 2014

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great Food!”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have been here a few times and have always been seated promptly. The staff is very nice and knowledgeable about the menu. The atmosphere is good and the food is reasonably priced. I got the steak frites the last time I went and I don't think I've ever had a more perfectly cooked sirloin! The only downfall of Mesh is their parking. It can be very hard to find a spot on a busy night! Don't let that deter you though...definitely try it if you're in the area.

• Visited September 2013
West Lafayette, Indiana
“Great experience”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We went to Mesh before a concert nearby. Although we were 40 minutes early for our reservation, we were seated promptly. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the food, and our courses were well paced. We were happy with our food, from the bread, soup of the day & salad, flat iron steak, and pork tenderloin. Although the restaurant was busy by the time we finished, we were not rushed through our after-dinner drinks. We enjoyed our visit and arrived at the concert venue in plenty of time.

• Visited December 2013
Carmel, Indiana
“Great Sunday breakfast!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had the opportunity to enjoy breakfast at Mesch, on Mass Avenue recently with a party of 10 before a Colts game. We made a reservation about 2 hours before going and they had our table ready and provided superb service, which allowed us to catch the game. The food was outstanding. The omelets are incredible, as the omelet is made from just eggs, not incorporating milk or cream, thus it is a real egg omelet with all the stuffings you want. Very tasty and can also be ordered as an egg white omelet, which several had and really enjoyed. The screwdrivers, bloody Mary's and mimosas were very good with a hearty pour of alcohol. The bacon topped deviled eggs for an appetizer is a must. Of course bacon is good on anything, but having it on a deviled egg before your entrée is exceptional. The browned potatos, with onions with breakfast are very tasty. One in the group had the eggs benedict which were perfect and another had corned beef hash, again excellent. We all will return and Highly recommend Mesch for breakfast. Those we have talked to about dinner at Mesh all confirm, unanimously, that their dinners and dining experiences have always been great.

• Visited November 2013
Memphis
“Good Experience”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Despite a 30 minute wait, my experience was pleasant.

Pros
The food appeared to be high quality and prepared well. I had the lamb shank dish with vegetables and orzo which was a sizable portion that could be shared and very tasty!!!!

Parking is a nightmare on a busy night - but valet is available and really reasonable so would not even attempt the parking drama - just valet.

Décor is very nice, warm, and contemporary but a bit too dark.

Cons
The host/hostess staff seemed a bit disorganized as the restaurant was busy but not at capacity. People were waiting, some left, but we stayed and were not disappointed.

Menu seemed a bit limited for my taste.

When it is very busy, noise can be unbearable and at times you cannot hear someone sitting right next to you. But as the restaurant cleared, that situation improved.

I would make a return visit.

• Visited November 2013