“Gluten free options clearly marked”
Review of Mesh Restaurant

Mesh Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mesh Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 2,363 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mass Ave & Park
Bloomington, Indiana
“Gluten free options clearly marked”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Since we have so many top notch restaurants in Bloomington, we do not venture much to eateries in Indianapolis. However, this time we were looking for a meal close to the Phoenix Theater for an evening production. Mesh fit the bill. First, we were late for our reservation due to heavy traffic. We were treated warmly and were assured our lateness was no problem. Then when my husband did not show up for a while, Kate asked if I wanted to wait for him to be seated. When i told her that he was trying to figure out the parking meters, she headed out the door to help him!!!!

The decor is updated and hip. Very nice atmosphere overall. Excellent service and friendly wait staff.

Gluten free options were clearly marked on menu. I was pleasantly surprised to find crab cakes without bread crumbs, and since I grew up on the east coast I am kind of a crab cake snob. But theirs were meaty and the sauce and tomato chutney complemented the crab meat. I enjoyed the creative variation. If you like chocolate, the chocolate creme brûlée was about the best I've ever had.

My husband had the special pork loin roast with sweet potato purée and mushrooms. He said it was excellent. The bread pudding was good, but average.

We were glad we stumbled upon this eatery and would definitely return.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Becky053

Briarcliff Manor, New York
“Excellent Food, Average Service & Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Was in Indy for business with my wife during our anniversary so we decided to celebrate at this upscale, trendy spot. The food did not disappoint. My wife had the lamb chops and I had scallops. Both were artfully prepared and presented and were tasty. The mushroom soup special was outstanding. The bread pudding dessert was mediocre. Ice cream topping was half melted when served. My wife's coffee came cold even though manager came over to help out struggling waiter. Waiter later acknowledged that, "yeah, he (manager) was trying to help out by moving things along and didn't wait for fresh pot to finish brewing and brought you older coffee." Even if true, NEVER say that! Waiter was nice enough but seemed inexperienced and wasn't able to properly explain how food was prepared. We were seated upstairs near bar. Atmosphere was blah with few wall decorations. Overall, the food far excelled the service and atmosphere. But would definitely eat here again.

• Visited October 2013
Ohio
“Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited Indy for our anniversary weekend and stopped by Mesh for dinner. The food, atmosphere, and service were all outstanding. Massachusetts Avenue is filled with plenty of local, trendy restaurants and Mesh is a perfect fit here. Fresh, local food with a modern flair.

Visited September 2013
Indianapolis, In
“consistent and very good”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Great place to take clients or meet friends. Great salads (applewood smoke chicken or steak wedge) and other food very good as well. Good atmosphere in either restaurant or bar, although I have had some noise issues in the restaurant with large tables of loud diners.

Visited September 2013
Thank lemon.basil
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Nice place to eat in Indy”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The restaurant is located in the 'Mass Ave." area of town, which has many trendy little restaurants and bars. Located a little outside the downtown core so take an Uber car (download their app) if you're staying at a downtown hotel.

The restaurant has a nice ambiance and a good menu of updated American food. Good win list. Our service was a little slow, but friendly and helpful with menu questions.

When we made our reservations before leaving Detroit (for 9 people) they made us split it into 2 reservations and couldn't guarantee one table. But then they changed it to one reservation for 9 and had a big table ready for us when we arrived.

• Visited September 2013