“Delicious with a capital D!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mesh Restaurant

Mesh Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mesh Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 2,346 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mass Ave & Park
Olney, Illinois
“Delicious with a capital D!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I made reservations at Mesh for July 15th for a nice date night for the two of us. We arrived and were seated promptly by a very courteous hostess (who also called a cab for us at the end of dinner, thank you so much!!).

We order the bruschetta and the watermelon with Italian ham appetizers and they were both amazing. I was somewhat unsure of the pressed watermelon and ham until I tried it and was amazed at the flavor and how they complimented each other. The lobster bisque I ordered was creamy and flavorful and the chunks of lobster were actually noticeable. I would highly recommend any of these items to anyone. My wife tried the lamb chops and they were cooked to perfection and was one of the best, if not the best, lamb dish I have ever tasted. I did not try the root vegetables that were served with it but my wife raved about how well they were done. My scallops were amazing, I appreciate the fact that they were done but not rubbery which happens all too frequently with Scallops. The risotto was a beautiful compliment to the scallops and the black truffle emulsion added a nice earthiness to the dish.

Service was impeccable. Our server Bryan was attentive and helpful without ever seeming pushy. He obviously knew and understood the menu and was constantly mindful of the fact that my wife had a shellfish allergy. His knowledge and recommendations were greatly appreciated by my wife and I who had never ate at Mesh, but cannot wait until our next trip!!

Sullivan, Illinois, United States
“Heaven for Your Palate in Indy - Save room for dessert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

When my friend and I left Mesh on Saturday, we were smiling with satisfaction from eating an almost perfect meal. Our first course was the Lobster Bisque. I love soup and all of its relatives, but this bisque was pure bliss. The flavor was perfectly balanced and the texture was pure silken luxuriousness. It was absolutely amazing. For dinner we split two entrees. I ordered the crab cakes with lemon caper aioli, tomato chutney, and arugula, and my friend ordered the scallops with butternut squash risotto and black truffle emulsion. To be honest, the crab cakes could have been better as far as consistency goes, but I liked their flavor and the flavor of the aioli - and I would have taken a little more of it. As I am not much of a tomato, chutney, or arugula fan, I shared the salad with my friend, and she liked it. The scallops...oh, my!!! Despite my love of crab cakes, I will order the scallops next time. They were done to pure perfection and the risotto was a uniquely flavorful side. When it was time for dessert, we knew what we were getting. My friend ordered the Chocolate Terrine. A delightful combination of dark chocolate lusciousness - rich, smooth, and potently chocolate. The ice cream with raspberries and chocolate bits (I think) that goes with the dessert added a flavor dimension to the dessert that made our taste buds very happy. I ordered the chocolate crème brulee. I have had crème brulee before but never chocolate crème brulee. The intense chocolate flavor was mind-altering. The "crust" was perfectly done and was delightfully crunchy. Overall the meal was presented nicely, our server Corey was attentive, and our meal was only surpassed by the incredible Harry Connick, Jr. concert that followed. We were pleased that they checked to see if we were going and made sure that we would be through with our dinner in plenty of time for the show. Was it worth the money? Yes. Will we eat there again? Without a doubt. Mesh is magnificent!!!

1 Thank Becky L
Bloomington, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good, especially for a birthday dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Everything about Mesh was wonderful, from the appetizer, to the drinks, to the main entrées. I had the filet and it was cooked exactly how I ordered it. The specialty cocktails were very good too and different as well. It was a bit pricey, more like the kind of place you go for special occasions.

• Visited May 2013
“Great Food, Atmosphere and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

In town on business and on a recommendation was delighted by the dining experience. Our server, Kristen, was fantastic! her recommendations, assistance with the menu and attentive service added to the interesting offerings of food. The desserts were outrageous. The seating options include a bar area, dining room and outside area. There is something for everyone.

1 Thank Tim L
SW Florida
“Great service, nice atmosphere, kick up the creativity on the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Picked this based on Trip Advisor reviews. Appreciated the valet next to the front door. Greeted promptly at the door by the hostess and seated promptly. Greeted immediately by our sever. Cocktails were poured properly, wine selection was very good. Fish taco app was well presented, but a bit spicy. Not a bad thing, just be aware. Lobster Bisque was outstanding and I sold it to the other couple we were with. My NY strip was excellent, but served with mashed potatoes. Not very creative. Wife's cobia was a bit fishy. Maybe the blood line was not removed immediately. Corn relish that accompanied the fish we very good. Dessert was very good. Huge potential to get this fine place back on track, just needs a little attention from the exec chef.

• Visited June 2013