“Great Burger!”

Chef Mike's Charcoal Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef Mike's Charcoal Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 2,403 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W. 71st. and I-465
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had passed this restaurant many times, and decided to stop in with my family. The food was solid, great hamburger that was cooked to order. Quite a surprise! The mix of lean hamburger and sausage was very good. The comments about the service being slow was not something we encountered. Yes, it will take a while to get your food - it's cooked on a grill. Go, enjoy a beer and relax. You'll be quite surprised!!

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I ordered the half chicken dinner. The mandarin salad was yummy but then it was downhill from there. We were told that the only food fried were the onion rings and french fries. Everything else was grilled. The half chicken was so unappetizing and for some odd reason had a crispy skin. No grill marks noted. I tried it and it tasted horrible. My friend even tried it and confirmed. The waitress was very friendly and got me a burger. I asked for med well, with light pink center. What I got was a rare burger that I couldnt eat. We left the place nauseated and will not return. Also we drove behind the place and there was not a "grill" in sight.

1  Thank Nursek40
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Like other reviewers, I was drawn to try a different restaurant and support a locally owned business.

The specialty item is their burger; they grind their own beef and Kobe is also an offering. I tried the home-recipe and it was fantastic, cooked perfectly. Their selection of drafts was great, and we opted to try a dessert as well.

In the context of the value for the food, it was a great value proposition. Their menu is available online and their kids offerings are inexpensive and worthwhile.

Check it out!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We ended up leaving before we could even order because it took 45 minutes before our waitress even came to bring us water!! And we had kids with us!! IT WAS AWFUL.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The food here is just outstanding. The bourbon chipotle burger is by far the best burger I have ever had anywhere! The "potato skins" are a nice alternative to fries - although I might call them homemade potato chips. They were delicious. My husband loved his lamb, and the unique special salads they offer to accompany it. Even my kids raved about the kids meals - the chicken strips were the best she said anywhere. Yes, the prices are a little higher than the average burger, but totally worth it! The service was not the most attentive, as there was only one waitress, as this restaurant grows, as it surely will they will have to consider adding to their wait staff. Don't let the exterior strip mall fool you, this place is very unique inside and family friendly with large TVs for sport viewing from all seats. We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience, and wished we lived closer to this location to visit more frequently.