“Great food in Indy!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W. 71st. and I-465
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had the occasion to travel to Indianapolis, IN for business. We were booked at a Courtyard Marriott right off the 465 bypass; the area was mostly hotels and industrial businesses. We asked the lobby clerk at the hotel where a good place to eat would be that was close, and she directed us to Chef MIke's - it was within walking distance. It was about 6:00pm on a Tuesday so we walked over to a non-descript strip mall behind the hotel and there it was, right on the end. There were not alot of patrons at the restaurant, so the hostess was able to seat us right away. The food we had was fantastic! I had Mike's charcoal grilled bourbon and chive burger - a wonderfully thick burger with a great smoky flavor. It just came with fries but that was fine - the burger was big and filled me up! My friend had the grilled salmon dinner and he said it was the best salmon he's ever had. In the time it took to have a cocktail our food arrived, hot and good. The prices are a little high, but I think the food was well worth it!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

They must sell a lot of alcohol in the bar to make enough money to stay open. Seldom are there cars in parking lot other then lunch hour. We have walked out of this restaurant twice...will never return. Most recent visit was a Saturday about noon. No other customers present. Owner watching cartoons on TV and took forever to bring us menu's. Then instead of changing tv to sports he changed TV to a different cartoon program. All 3 of us looked at eachother then walked out.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The homemade raspberry poppy seed dressing is fabulous, as was the risotto. My husband enjoyed the daily special of tilapia with the Manderin salad. The only improvement would be for the landlord to take better care of the outside of the building. Overall a most enjoyable meal with several local brewed beers on tap.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We have dined at Chef Mikes Charcoal Grill on a number of occasions. Whether we bring out of town guests or come as a family we always have a good meal. Their terrific fries, and mouthwatering burgers keep bringing us back. Dining with kids we especially enjoy that kids under 6 eat for $1.00. Even the kids mac and cheese is house made and tasty. The wait staff is always friendly and responsive.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Chef Mike's is the spot for lunch! The best burger in town. I prefer the burger from hell but recently I try whatever the special is. I've never been disappointed. The fries are the best! Great selection of local craft brews. Been there with friends and/or wife for lunch and dinner. Good steaks, salmon, etc. My wife goes monthly with a group of ladies and they also like it. Try it, you'll like it!