“Great place to meet up with family!”

The Library Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #36 of 2,403 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: When you come dine with us, this is what you'll experience... A little history, a lot of art, and above all incredible food! Our goal at The Library is to delight you with the very best foods and the very best service we can provide. Our specialty is fine steaks and exceptional food that is freshly prepared by our very talented kitchen team. We offer an extensive dinner menu including steaks, seafood, chicken, pasta, salads, and vegetarian dishes. At lunch, a bountiful, freshly-prepared salad, soup and pasta bar is offered along with a wide variety of sandwiches and daily specials. All our cuisine is only complimented with our extensive wine selection. We are located in a beautiful building, which once was the Mon Reve, an exclusive French restaurant built by the late Lou Jenn (founder of Jenn-Air) almost three decades ago. Fortunately, much of the building's grandeur has been retained for us to enjoy, from Venus' Fountain and rose garden, restored vintage crystal chandeliers, beautiful woodwork, and classical oil paintings. Recently, we have added a large patio for our guests to enjoy the outdoors, we have opened our beautiful "Upstairs at The Library" for banquets, private dining, and business meetings, and we have recently opened our beautiful new bar, complete with large screen TV's and original oil paintings of Indy's favorites - the Colts, Indy 500, Brickyard 400, and Moto GP. We look forward to serving you.
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My experience wasn't the best but i have to admit they have a nice restraunt! Very nice art work hung up, the music is nice and peaceful! Shrimp scampi should not have to do with kids though! Steaks are great and the stuffed shrimp is ok.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The staff is very friendly! We had delicious plates, the bread rolls were very very delicious! They had food that most people may not be use to, because they have different sauces and spices. In our personal opinions 2 out of 3 of us liked it! The shrimp scampi is spicy for kids!

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stopped here when traveling thru Indy. I will admit that the atmosphere is a bit strange. But the food was awesome and service very good. My grown daughter and I each got the stuffed salmon. It was a bit rich for us. If I had it to do over I would have gotten the grilled salmon. The garlic mashed potatoes were simply to die for. They weren't as hot as I would have liked, but they were awesome! The green beans were fresh, garlicky and cooked perfectly. Hubby got the maple bourbon pork chop and loved it. Baby Cakes had the kids pasta Alfredo, which came with a carrot cake cupcake for dessert. The bred was fresh and very good. We were charged for the Baby Cakes drink ($2) in addition to the $6.99 for her dinner. I thought the drink should have been included. Minor issue, tho. Would recommend this place if you're in the neighborhood. Bill total $155 with tip for three adults and Baby Cakes. Included a bottle of wine and two glasses of wine.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I have driven by the Library many times over the years, but never stopped until a few days ago. The exterior of the building looks drab and rundown with a parking lot and landscaping to match. When we entered the building we were pleasantly surprised that the decor was considerably more appealing than was the exterior. Our night turned even brighter as we read the menu and sipped some excellent cocktails. Our food was served as it should be, that is, hot items were piping and cold dishes were chilling. My wife had stuffed shrimp and I had salmon stuffed with spinach, feta cheese and an alfredo sauce. Both dishes left no room for improvement. We would give the Library 4 stars out of 5 . A coat of paint and a little exterior TLC would have made it 5 for 5.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were flying out of Indianapolis on vacation and were staying at the La Quinta Inn across the street from The Library. It was getting late so we decided to take a chance. Boy, am I glad we did. I had the walleye, my husband had the ribs and my son had the burger. We all loved our meals. The walleye was delicious. The ribs my husband had were some of the best he's ever had. We later learned that they are marinated in root beer. I highly recommend this restaurant.