“holy moly, these are good!”
Review of The Flying Cupcake

The Flying Cupcake
Ranked #5 of 26 Bakeries in Indianapolis
Description: (317) 396-2696
Description: (317) 396-2696
Indianapolis, Indiana
“holy moly, these are good!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Love, love, love the Flying Cupcake on Massachusetts (Mass) Ave! Try the one called "Here Comes the Bride" (per the menu: "delectable almond cupcake swirled high with almond buttercream") and the Mocha Latte (“chocolate espresso cupcake with vanilla cream filling and topped espresso buttercream”).

• Visited March 2013

“Fun Birthday Cupcakes”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We decided to check out the Flying Cupcake on Mass. Ave for my birthday with family. How fun to pick a dozen assorted cupcakes and have a little bite of everyones later! Everyone had a different favorite, but we all LOVED our treats!

We are already planning a trip back in April to for the next birthday on our list.

• Visited March 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Little Bit of Heaven”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

After brunch, we were so full, we decided to take cupcakes home! OMG!! The salted caramel chocolate was heaven in a paper wrapper! Perfect combination, extra chocolaty cake, salted caramel with chocolate ganache! Also got a red velvet, delicious, yes, but not on par with the salted caramel chocolate!
Cute vintage decor and friendly staff.

Visited January 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Boy was I bummed! :(”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I took a road trip to Indianapolis, part for his birthday and part just to get away this past weekend. He looked up some places, and found The Flying Cupcake for me because of the great reviews on here.
The store front was very cute, look inviting and happy. I was very excited because the cupcakes looked amazing! It was a little pricey ($14 for 4 cupcakes, two of which were jumbos), but I expect that from a cupcake boutique on Mass Ave. What I also expect is to be blown away by the cupcakes. Unfortunately I was SUPER disappointed.
The two cupcakes I chose were Eggnog and Happy Birthday to Me (Chocolate).
The Eggnog cake was strange - holding it felt light & airy, and it had a nice eggnog-y flavor, but it was very, chewy. I did not like the frosting at all. It was hard butercream with an almost crunchy crust, and there was a spice aftertaste that was not pleasing.
The chocolate cupcake was a little better, less chewy but dry. The chocolate buttercream was very thick and super sweet. It did not crunch like the eggnog frosting, but I still was not crazy about it.
I hope we just caught The Flying Cupcake on an off day. I won't be back to find out though.

• Visited December 2012
“Awesome cupcakes!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I shared the "Happy Birthday to Me" with chocolate frosting and my sister and her husband shared the "Red Velvet Elvis". Both were delicious! The staff were very friendly. I was interested to see that they have gluten free and vegan choices. I will be checking out the gluten free choices for my grandson. They have lots of special occasion cupcakes. This would be great for a party. We will definitely be back.

• Visited December 2012