“Good and bad.”

Napolese
Ranked #115 of 2,351 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Maryland St
Description: Napolese Pizzeria is artfully crafted pizza, wine, craft beer and handmade cocktails - served with elegance. We use the finest ingredients available, carefully sourcing cheeses, meats and local produce farmed specifically for Napolese. The seasonal menu plus incredible service make for a world class Neapolitan pizza experience. Napolese Pizzeria is part of Patachou Inc., a collection of restaurants including Cafea Patachou, Petite Chou Bistros and Public Greens. Patachou Inc. has been wholly owned and operated by Martha Hoover since 1989.
“Good and bad.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

So, starting with the service. It wasn't that great. He was there, filled our drink, but wasn't excited or helpful. Just eh. I understand we all have those days in food and beverage.

We tried the tomato artichoke soup and the baked goat cheese appetizers. Wonderful! Seriously! We loved them both. The pizza on the other hand we did not enjoy. Soggy crust, meat was fatty, just eh. I know I have high standards being from Chicago, but dominos makes it better. We have the Wake Up Little Susie and the one with "bacon", kale, and tomatoes.

The place is beautiful. We will go back, but only for appetizers.

• Visited September 2013

Indiana
“Great server, good food”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Split a salad and pizza for 2 and you won't go hungry. The sausage was way too salty, but the pizza itself was good. Our server was Lauren, and she was great, go early, it gets VERY busy! Nice decor, open kitchen was fun.

Visited August 2013
Princeton, Minnesota
“Take out Artisan Pizza”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Whenever I see "Artisan Pizza" label I expect I will see some very different combinations for what can be a very straightforward and unenthusiastic dining experience at most pizza joints. This place definitely is different. Very unusual menu and what appeared to be reasonable wine list to complement the food. I liked the variety and although I did a take-out pizza on this visit I wasn't disappointed. The "Good Times Around the Bend" pizza had nice BBQ effect on fresh ingredients on a real tasty crust. It wasn't entirely hot when I sat down to eat it but the flavors make this special. I found that my visit to Indy was too short as I would have liked to come back and try some more of their offerings.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good concept, average execution”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Artisan pizza restaurant attached to Food Court at The Fashion Mall in Indianapolis. Other recently opened restaurants at the renovated Food Court advertise fresh/organic ingredients, and Napolese is no different. Produce and ingredients from local farms. We had a pesto and tomato pizza, a pizza with zucchini/corn/summer squash/tomato/basil, and an Italian sausage pizza. All were nicely done. Listed as individual pizzas, they were big enough such that none of us finished. We also enjoyed an appetizer of bruschetta and olives also prepared from local ingredients. Our service was good and friendly. A little pricy, but I will return again in the future.

Visited August 2013
“Nope!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We went to the Keystone location for the last family dinner before our son left for college. Will not go back! Pizza was mushy and the one that my wife had was even burned underneath, but still mushy. The Nutella sweet pizza on the contrary was very good, and the waitress very nice and attentive. But not enough for a trip back. They have to learn either how to prepare a good dough or how to cook it so that it becomes crusty, as it should be for a thin pizza

• Visited August 2013