“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Normal, Illinois
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

The JW Marriott Indianapolis was a great hotel. It is very centrally located near the Zoo, waterfront, and Downtown Indianapolis. The rooms were a nice size and our's had a great view as we were on the 21st floor. We had access to Club level which was fantastic as they served hors d'oeuvres, breakfast and delicious desserts. Fantastic pool. Excellent!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you so much for your great comments. I'm very happy you enjoyed your visit, and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Korean first
Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We normally do not care for Italian food from Hotels. So we started to leave the hotel when a big storm came up. We did not want to drive around in the storm so we decided to eat at the Osteria Pronto. My husband is Sicilian, so it is hard to get Italian food he likes. We were both very skeptical, but ordered calamari and Cabrese salad as appetizers and order the chicken alfredo. Everything from the fresh bread to the yummy local chicken we were so surprised!!! The chef, Rino Baglio, was on top od his dinner hour and his dishes were exquisite.

Thank you for making this our favorite restaurant Indy now!

Room Tip: We were on the 29th floor with breathtaking views~
2 Thank Lisa W
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for your great feedback. I'm glad you decided to give Osteria Pronto a chance. I am very proud of Rino and his team, and I will share your comments with them. We will be looking forward to your next visit.
Roanoke, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was a nice, clean room. Nothing overly special about it. No in room mini-bar or fridge, but for a conference where you aren't in the room much it was fine. The convenience of the Starbucks on-site was a nice feature. I do feel as though the security was a little over-the-top when using the gym. Key card access the gym, then once in, key card to access the locker room and the pool. Not a huge ordeal, just a little annoying. Convenient location, walking distance to mall and several great restaurants.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your post and we appreciate your feedback.
Regarding the refrigerator, this is not currently part of the JW brand standard; however, we do have some units on property and would be happy to bring one to you upon request.
Again, it was our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were here for a conference with families who have children with Down syndrome. There are many challenges when you put so many people with special needs in one location, but this hotel rose to the challenge. It's embarrassing but my son is a runner. This is scary in such a huge hotel. He disappeared and the staff found him very quickly and held on to him until I could get there. Another time we ordered plain pasta for room service and it came with cheese on top. They replaced it immediately and didn't charge us, plus they brought complimentary jelly beans. The staff at the executive lounge were friendly and helpful- always assisting before I asked for help. Even though they normally don't carry Fanta, one of the ladies made a drink like that with what they had on hand and offered to order in orange soda for the rest of our stay. I just can't compliment them enough. Over and over again they met our needs before I even voiced them. The only thing we were disappointed with was the pool size. I can't say I've ever seen such a small pool for such a large hotel. I suppose it is mostly business travelers, but for a conference with so many children, this was just too small. Not much they can do about that now though. As other travelers have said, it's a great location. You can walk to museums, parks, and the zoo. The nearby museums also offered military discounts which was an added bonus. We paid extra to eat in the exec. lounge, which was very convenient. With that service, we got free wifi throughout the hotel, which you normally pay extra for. It was good enough to stream netflix at night so we could watch a movie at bedtime. The croissants were perfect for breakfast, unlimited soft drinks and coffee, snacks all day and appetizers that were sufficient for dinner really. Highlight was always the dessert selection at night. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a good view- one side has the river, the other is the city. The higher up you ar...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad to see you enjoyed your visit to the JW Marriott.
I appreciate your comment about the pool. We were built as a convention property and the focus was on the meeting space vs. many JW resort-style properties.
It was our pleasure to host the Down Syndrome conference, and we hope to be of service to you in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Visited the JW for the first time in Indy. It is a beautiful hotel and the room was awesome with great views of the city. The staff was very helpful and professional. We had a great stay and will be back again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your post and I'm glad to see you enjoyed your visit to the JW Marriott and Indy. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Brunswick, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed recently with my sister to attend Down's syndrome convention. Beautiful hotel. Rooms were very nice and extremely clean. View of the city was fantastic. Although pricey, as expected at a downtown hotel, the meals we had at the Hotels on sight restaurants were excellent. This hotel was an easy walk to state park, zoo, museums, many restaurants and shopping. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy N
Thank you for your comments, and I'm glad to see you enjoyed your visit. It was our pleasure to host the Down Syndrome conference, and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Beautiful hotel, but very busy hotel. Hotel staff seemed overwhelmed at times and not as friendly as last time I visited - especially staff in the evenings and at night. I was given a beautiful room on the river side on a high floor which was appreciated. First two nights were great, but on the third morning I had no hot water in my room. I made the hotel aware of the situation and since I was gone during the day they stated they would send someone up to check out the problem. When I returned to my room 12 hours later no one had been to fix the problem and when I called the front desk to inquire they did offer to come up at that time (7:00 pm!). At this point I had already settled in the for the evening and ordered room service so it was very inconvenient (and being a woman traveling alone) so I declined to let them come up. Since the first two days were fine I hoped that maybe it was a temporary problem and I would not encounter the same issue the next day, but I was wrong. I left my room on the fourth morning for work for a few hours but returned near noon to check out. The hotel had left a message on my room phone saying they could now come up and fix the problem....bad timing since I was checking out that day and fixing the problem really did me no good at that point. I went to the front desk to check out and express my disappointment. They did comp my room service from the night before and offered me a few Marriott points, however I found it a very disappointing experience at hotel of this quality and level of customer service.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback, and I am sorry we did not provide you the excellent service you should expect. This is not typical of our team, and I will speak to my Front Office and Engineering teams in this regard. We will take the necessary steps to correct any issues.
It was a pleasure to have you with us, and I do hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our service and facility.