JW Marriott Indianapolis
$159
GardenInn.com
$119
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

$93
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

Omni Severin Hotel(Indianapolis)
$99
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

3,037 results
All reviewshigh velocityconvention centerfloor to ceiling windowsthe executive loungewhite rivervictory fieldcorner roomhigh floorlucas oil stadiumbeautiful hotellobby barcity viewself parkingper daydowntown areaconferenceosteria
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed at the JW for a conference/meetings. I called the morning of my arrival and requested and early check in. The hotel was able to accommodate. I also requested a room on a high floor and far from the elevator, and, again, the hotel was able to accommodate. Off to an excellent start.

My room was on the corner and there were floor to ceiling windows. I had an great view of the minor league baseball stadium on one side and a city park/river on the other. The room was spacious, clean, and modern. The TV was HD and there were plenty of plugs for my electronics.

The bathroom was also very nice. There was a glass shower door and multiple shower heads.

Lobby was nice and sleek, and the hotel is about 3 blocks from many excellent restaurants including St. Elmos, a famous Indy steakhouse and worth the walk.

My only complaint is the internet service was weak. I could get to my emails but was frequently dropped. I was told my room was in a bad location for internet. That said, I liked the room and this was not a big deal but rather a minor annoyance.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Corner room had a great view. If there is a ball game, request a room that overlooks the park.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Phil R, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for your great comments about your visit. I also want to apologize for the problem you experienced with the Internet and will speak to my IT Manager in this regard. We will do our best to see that this situation is corrected. Phil Ray, General Manager

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I was met at the cab by a friendly doorman, who presumed (without asking either me or the cabbie) that one of the bags in the trunk belonged to the cabbie. Fortunately I noticed and was able to catch him, get him to open the trunk again, and retrieve my bag before he drove off (a potential crisis narrowly averted).

I was met in the lobby by a friendly individual who guided me through the check-in process very graciously, but when asked a simple question about the conference that I was there to attend (location in the hotel), took a very long time to find the information.

The room was uncomfortably hot, and so I finally called the front desk. They quickly dispatched an individual who tested the system and found that the hot water was not turning off completely. He quickly and efficiently disassembled the heating / cooling system made repairs, and assured me that the room would cool within 30 minutes - which it did. Would have preferred to be asleep rather than watching the repairman.

The bathtub drained very slowly, which was addressed the next day when they were cleaning the room.

The key card was required to get to your floor, which is a nice security measure, but it didn't always work.

The noise from the hallway was quite pronounced. When I went to investigate I found that the space under the door was so great and unobstructed that I could stick my fingers under the door and wiggle them at the noisy people in the hall. Not great for sound containment, and significantly lacking in privacy (would be pretty easy to look under the door from either side).

At check-out I asked if the room charge would be put on the card used to make the reservation, which I was assured it would be, only to find that the charges were put on my personal card used to cover incidentals. I didn't have time to object, as I had a flight to catch and the check-out process had already taken way too long.

So, these kinds of problems might be more typical of a budget hotel, but this was anything but a budget hotel (in price, at least)! Very disappointing!!!

Also, in the conference there were not enough chairs in the room, and so people ended up sitting on the floor!

1  Thank PaulEugeneG

Thank you for your post and please accept my sincere apologies for the many problems you experienced during your visit. This is not typical of our hotel, and I will share your comments with my team. If you can give me a call at your convenience (317-860-4911), I would very much like to personally apologize for the issues you had. Phil Ray, General Manager

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I was very pleasantly surprised as to the hotel property itself and the plethora of activities available in the immediate surrounding area to the hotel. Business meeting for my wife and a vacation for me.
Beautiful entrance with pleasant and helpful staff readily available. We were greeted promptly and checked in quickly. The room is spacious, nicely decorated, and well maintained. Bed is very comfortable.
Osteria Pronto (attached restaurant) has delicious food - great salmon! No lack of good restaurants in the area either - Izzy and Harry, Ruths Chris, Weber Grill, etc. All within easy walking distant though taxis are readily available at the hotel.
Activities surrounding the hotel include Pittsburgh Pirates triple-A ball park across the street, Lucas Oil Stadium (home of the Colts with a terrific behind the scenes tour) about a mile away, large park complex behind the hotel with NCCA Hall of Champions, Indiana State Museum, and Eiteljorg Museum located proximally and the lovely river walk and biking paths abound. Bikes can be rented at numerous locations around the hotel and elsewhere in the downtown area. Zoo and Botanic Gardens a little further in the "park". The convention center is kitty corner and accessible on foot either by sidewalk or pedestrian bridges. Bridges/indoor pathway actually extends to City Center if weather is inclement and you wish to shop at the mall or see a movie.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms facing the city offer a lovely skyline. We were on the 18th floor. Consider, for a moderate up charge, the Executive Lounge which provides a very good breakfast, beverages and snacks during the day, appetizers late afternoon, bar service (extra) and desserts in the evening. Very comfortable lounge with multiple seating areas, TVs, and a couple of computers and printers if you need them.
1  Thank prs52d

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the JW, as well as visiting Indy. We hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Can't find anything bad to say about this property. It's unfortunate that, these days, this is what you have to spend to get a clean room, attentive staff, and good restaurant. This property is definitely worth the cost.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Scott B, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and be assured I will share your comments with my team. We appreciate your business and hope to be of service to you in the future. Phil Ray, General Manager

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We just stayed here for 4 nights for the BPA National Conference. This staff knows what they are doing. As soon as you walk in you are greeted by a lobby that looks like a billion bucks and a staff with smiles just the same. They treated us with the utmost respect and were willing to go to the moon and back. I don't know how some people had a bad experience here, it seems almost impossible. The rooms were clean and ready upon arrival and they were so nice I forgot I had to go to the 2nd floor for ice. NOT A PROBLEM because the elevators were extremely fast, I never waited more than a minute for an elevator to whisk me away to where I wanted to go. The two restaurants connected to the hotel had amazing food and great service. Overall my stay was fantastic and I will definitely be back! How could you not love the look of this hotel! The blue sleek look seems to tower of the city and is a great addition to the skyline of Indianapolis.

Room Tip: All you need to worry about is bed space! The rooms are super spacious and if you need more beds, ask for a roll away!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

It was certainly our pleasure to have you here with us during the BPA National Conference. I appreciate your many kind comments and will share this information with my team. We hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager