“5-Star Excellence”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Warsaw, Indiana
“5-Star Excellence”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We just stayed here for 4 nights for the BPA National Conference. This staff knows what they are doing. As soon as you walk in you are greeted by a lobby that looks like a billion bucks and a staff with smiles just the same. They treated us with the utmost respect and were willing to go to the moon and back. I don't know how some people had a bad experience here, it seems almost impossible. The rooms were clean and ready upon arrival and they were so nice I forgot I had to go to the 2nd floor for ice. NOT A PROBLEM because the elevators were extremely fast, I never waited more than a minute for an elevator to whisk me away to where I wanted to go. The two restaurants connected to the hotel had amazing food and great service. Overall my stay was fantastic and I will definitely be back! How could you not love the look of this hotel! The blue sleek look seems to tower of the city and is a great addition to the skyline of Indianapolis.

Room Tip: All you need to worry about is bed space! The rooms are super spacious and if you need more beds, as...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Scott B, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
It was certainly our pleasure to have you here with us during the BPA National Conference. I appreciate your many kind comments and will share this information with my team. We hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (718)
  • Korean first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Was in Indy for a wedding and stayed at the JW Marriot. I was expecting something pretty solid but I was pretty shocked by the high level of the service and employees, which I consider a huge part of my stay somewhere. Step in the lobby and someone came up to welcome/work with you to check in right away. Great bars/restaurants, very high level rooms, and it was right across from where the minor league team plays. Couldn't stay for the next days game though.

And it was very moderately priced, but I should mention that I am guessing I got a wedding rate.

Will stay there again for my many Indy trips.

Room Tip: Get a city view about the 10th(?) floor!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Scott B, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
We appreciate your great feedback, and I'll share this information with my team. We'll look forward to your next visit. Phil Ray, General Manager
Westfield, Indiana
Reviewed April 28, 2014

As close as you can get to the museums, Victory Field and the convention center. Clean, well kept and comfortable, especially the beds. Pricey, especially factoring in parking, internet and breakfast. Excellent, friendly service from everyone we encountered. If you're in Indy on business, or just want a nice, convenient room and don't mind paying for the extras, then this is a great choice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, and I'll be sure to share this information with my team.
I understand your comments about the Internet and wanted you to know that we are required by Marriott to follow their standards so there is consistency within the brand. Currently they do have a fee at their full-service properties. To give our guests an option, we offer complimentary wireless in the lobby and restaurants.
Again, we appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back in the future. Phil Ray, General Manager
Bloomingdale, New Jersey
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed here during a conference/tradeshow and it was great! The rooms are very clean and well taken care of, room service was on time (usually early), and the concierge was fantastic. The do a great job of taking care of their guests and the valet/car service out front was always polite as well. The beds were very comfortable, room size was perfect, and the bathrooms was nicely updated with modern decor. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank amandao722
Scott B, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for your great feedback. I'm happy you enjoyed your visit, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here during the final four games. The location was perfect as it was within walking distance from the lucas oil stadium as well as the museum. The breakfast at the hotel is not free but it offers a large assortment of choices. My only complaint was with the key card system. We had a difficult time getting into our room on more then one occasion however a letter was slipped under our door apologizing for the inconvenience as they were having technical difficulties. Overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed March 2014
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for your post and please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced with the keys.
This is not typical of our property and we have taken steps to correct the issue. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I love the JW in Indy. The location is great. We enjoy the sports bar/restaurant and breakfast buffet each time we have stayed. Service is outstanding. My biggest complaint is $36 for valet parking which seems outrageous. Secondly, charging $15 per day for internet access will hurt the Marriott brand more than it will help it. I have stayed at most of the nice hotels in downtown Indy and prefer the JW despite these complaints.

Room Tip: Don't spend $36 per day plus tip to valet park.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your great feedback and we appreciate your continued business. I understand your comment about the Internet and wanted you to know that we are required by Marriott to follow their standards so there is consistency within the brand. Currently they do have a fee at their full-service properties. To give our guests an option, we offer complimentary wireless in the lobby and restaurants.
With regards to the parking, we are competitive with the other downtown full-service properties; however, I realize it is expensive.
Again, we appreciate you continued business and we'll be looking forward to your return. Phil Ray, General Manager
Williamsport, Indiana
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This was the second visit for me and was extremely satisfied both visits. The staff are very friendly, the hotel was very clean and the bed was great. Enjoyed the breakfast the next morning in the restaurant, food was great, service was outstanding. Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
We certainly appreciate your return, and I'm glad to see you enjoyed your visit. We hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager