“Fantastic!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bloomingdale, New Jersey
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed here during a conference/tradeshow and it was great! The rooms are very clean and well taken care of, room service was on time (usually early), and the concierge was fantastic. The do a great job of taking care of their guests and the valet/car service out front was always polite as well. The beds were very comfortable, room size was perfect, and the bathrooms was nicely updated with modern decor. I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank amandao722
Scott B, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for your great feedback. I'm happy you enjoyed your visit, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (695)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here during the final four games. The location was perfect as it was within walking distance from the lucas oil stadium as well as the museum. The breakfast at the hotel is not free but it offers a large assortment of choices. My only complaint was with the key card system. We had a difficult time getting into our room on more then one occasion however a letter was slipped under our door apologizing for the inconvenience as they were having technical difficulties. Overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed March 2014
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for your post and please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced with the keys.
This is not typical of our property and we have taken steps to correct the issue. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I love the JW in Indy. The location is great. We enjoy the sports bar/restaurant and breakfast buffet each time we have stayed. Service is outstanding. My biggest complaint is $36 for valet parking which seems outrageous. Secondly, charging $15 per day for internet access will hurt the Marriott brand more than it will help it. I have stayed at most of the nice hotels in downtown Indy and prefer the JW despite these complaints.

Room Tip: Don't spend $36 per day plus tip to valet park.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your great feedback and we appreciate your continued business. I understand your comment about the Internet and wanted you to know that we are required by Marriott to follow their standards so there is consistency within the brand. Currently they do have a fee at their full-service properties. To give our guests an option, we offer complimentary wireless in the lobby and restaurants.
With regards to the parking, we are competitive with the other downtown full-service properties; however, I realize it is expensive.
Again, we appreciate you continued business and we'll be looking forward to your return. Phil Ray, General Manager
Williamsport, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

This was the second visit for me and was extremely satisfied both visits. The staff are very friendly, the hotel was very clean and the bed was great. Enjoyed the breakfast the next morning in the restaurant, food was great, service was outstanding. Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
We certainly appreciate your return, and I'm glad to see you enjoyed your visit. We hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

I wrote a review of this hotel some months back where I complained about everything - especially the room temperature control. The manager personally called me and also responded on Trip Advisor. He said that engineering would have happily come to my room to address the heating/cooling issues I had on my first stay. I ended up back at this hotel for another meeting in March and - guess what? I did call engineering and, sure enough, they did come and they helped me to regulate the temperature to my liking.

The property is absolutely beautiful - I said that in my first review, but I was so overwrought from the lack of sleep due to an oppressively hot room (my first stay). This time, with a nice sleep without heat killing me, I was able to enjoy the beautiful furnishings and this gorgeous property. Thanks to the general manager's persistence and the great customer service, they have won back my loyalty to the Marriott chain. It is a FABULOUS property.

Green Features: I still don't like the weird thermostats, but engineering helped me with it
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for giving us a chance to regain your confidence. I'm glad to see you were able to enjoy your stay, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Unfortunately the breakfast is not included and it cost me additional $17 for average breakfast in th ehotel.
A hair dryer is not included in the room service. No swimming pool.
Perfect location.
The hotel well overpriced.

Room Tip: Room with downtown view. Higher the floor better the view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your post and I am sorry you were not aware that the breakfast buffet was not included in the room rate. With a property of our size, it would be very difficult to provide breakfast for everyone out of our one restaurant.
I was also sorry to read that you did not see the hair dryer in the room. It is normally in a bag and on the shelf under the sink. If there is ever a unit missing, please let us know and we'll be happy to bring one to your room.
Regarding the pool, we do have a whirlpool and small pool on the second floor next to the fitness center.
Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back in the future. Phil Ray, General Manager
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Awesome property. This is the place to stay in Indy! The staff was excellent and the property was appointed in a manner that makes you feel welcome and comfortable. True, internet should be free, but Marriott has to decide that...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your great feedback. I appreciate your comments about the staff and will share this information with them. We hope to welcome you back soon. Phil Ray, General Manager