“Best hotel in Indy”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Best hotel in Indy”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Great bar, awesome gym with pool, great food and the best location. I love this hotel ! The decor is great and very modern. Not only is the bar great but there are 2 on-site restaurants. I was here over the summer and then a few months later during the week in January 2014 and this was the place to be!.

• Stayed January 2014
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
We certainly appreciate your continued patronage, and thank you for your feedback. We will be looking forward to your next visit. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (705)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The Good: Comfortable beds, good service in High Velocity restaurant, convenient location.
The Bad: Although friendly, simply not enough car valets on duty at noon. Every year we stay here, every time we ask for our car on Sunday at noon, every time it's an ordeal. C'mon, JW Marriott, staff up during these peak hours. The valets are hustling, but it took 30+ minutes in 0* temps to get my car. Also, my folio showed phantom charges for daily internet, including two charges for the SAME day--called front desk, I was hassled and asked if I had perhaps signed up twice. Really? Not possible I said--I didn't even arrive at the hotel until late in the evening, went to the lobby hotel for and hour, then went to bed. Person did not fix, but at check out a much more helpful person took care of it.
Net-net: Maybe I will stay here again, maybe I will try the newly renovated Westin next time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank J W
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you experienced with your bill. I was glad to see that the front desk agent corrected this before you checked out. I will also speak to my valet manager regarding your departure experience. We will take steps to correct our shortcomings, and you can be assured that we will use this information as a training tool for our associates.
Again, we appreciate your visit and hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We went downtown Indianapolis for a weekend trip and wanted to try the JW Marriott. It did not disappoint. We were able to get a room with a view of the city which was very nice. I was a little worried that we would hear alot of road noise at night but we didn't. The hotel is attached to most of the attractions of downtown Indianapolis - Lucas Oil, convention center, Circle Center Mall. I felt safe in the room - you must use your room key to access the room floors. One word of advice - if you park your car in the garage don't forget to take your room key with you or you will have to pay to get out of the garage.

Room Tip: The higher the better - city view for sure!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your post and I'm glad to see you enjoyed your visit to Indy and the JW Marriott. We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I am currently staying at the Hotel, not by choice. If I can, I would check out and go else where but the conference that I need to attend is being held here. First impression when I walked in was nice, people seems nice and helpful, but that seems to ends there. Me and my husband ordered room services, which wasn't deliver until 2 hours later with at least 3 phone call screaming. The person who delivered the food said "this is complimentary," excuse me! The foods were cold and taste disgusting...we ordered Chili and Friend Shrimp Mac and Cheese. Chili, the cheese were hard/not melting; Friend shrimps were soggy, I can go on. Then a few days later, TV cable were out for almost full day. When I asked for compensation, none were offered until I had to "scream" at the receptionist, as if we stayed for free. The room was and IS filthy. I don't know how the cleaning person trained, but my room furniture very dusty, sheets has not been change for days unless request (which I was told it'll be change every 3 days-wrong). I have been here for almost 2 weeks already and the sheets were changed once when I requested them. By the way, if you're not on the cleaning list you can just wait and wait. In other hotel or even motel; shampoo, conditioner and lotion are complimentary and replenish daily-not here. You need to call and ask for them. Expect to be treat like 2nd class citizen or as if you're begging to stay here despite how much you've to pay. My advice, go to Hilton or something...it's only a few blocks away!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Venus V
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies. I have sent you a separate message and hopefully we will have the opportunity to talk. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Visited over long weekend in January for a cheer comp taking place in the convention center. Great how they have planned the downtown around the hotels and convention center and mall with skywalks so that you don't have to go out in the weather.
The hotel was very pretty, big lobby with views into the lobby bar and restaurants. Since we were traveling with a group we should have requested rooms near each other but neglected to do so at check-in. This made it a little inconvenient for the girls to move between rooms because different elevators serve different levels. The rooms were very nice, albeit small considering we had 2 adults and 2 teens in a room (although very thankful for queen beds) especially because they are a lot of accessories that go with the being a competitive cheerleader. Beds were fine (note: I'm extremely critical of beds and most would likely find them exceptional). Linens very nice. Bathroom was large and towels were plentiful. Robes were available, a plus on my list. We didn't spend much time using the facilities within the hotel but did order room service the last morning. Prompt and above average for breakfast food; price commensurate.
The thing that stands out in this hotel for me was the staff. Everyone, and I mean everyone, I came in contact with from the valet to the front desk, bellman, room service, even the ridiculously busy girls working at Starbucks provided wonderful service with a smile. I suspect we will return next year for the same competition and I look forward to returning to the JW.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Assistant2, Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for your great feedback. We certainly enjoyed having you with us, and we'll look forward to your visit in 2015...if not before. Scott Blalock, General Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I am currently staying at this hotel - I would check out but my conference is being held here. I am paying for a 2 week stay and I am elite member- The lobby is nice and some staff are pleasant.
However --- the room is not as clean as one would expect. The glass desk was dirty / I actually cleaned it myself because it was sticky, dusty, and seemed like someone spilled juice all over it. The bathroom not so clean either. Every where I turn I see dust. I picked up the tourist magazine and it was FULL of dust - I had to wash my hands and clean off my pants. I was so shocked at the amount of dust in the room.
I ordered room service - they forgot my juice / no problem but I called to ask if they can bring it up - they brushed me off at first then he said ok I will send your juice up / and guess what ? My juice never showed up!!! I was so upset that I just let it slide. But still on the back of my mind.
Also I noticed that they charge my room per night each day I am staying. Normally a hotel gives you a final itemized bill which you can review - I found this very odd. So basically I am being charged daily - without some type of receipt for me to review.
I am praying the rest of my stay turns out better.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Phdtravelgirl
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you have incurred. This is not typical of our team. I would love to personally speak with you at your convenience. Feel free to reach me at 317-860-4911. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the JW Marriott Indianapolis when we visited the city for a Pacers game. I make it a point to stay at Marriotts anytime I travel, but I have to say that this is the best experience I have ever had. Of course with it being a JW Marriott, you have certain expectations for the hotel's cleanliness, quality of the room, etc. but what I really think sets this property apart from other great hotels I have stayed in is their excellent customer service. Customer service just isn't valued as much anymore, and it doesn't matter how little or how much you spend either. It's nice to know that this hotel recognizes the importance of not just a nice, clean and comfortable room but also the importance of awesome customer service. I have to say I have never had anyone physically walk to the elevator with me, push the button and ensure that I had everything I need for a great stay, including offering me a 2pm late checkout when I was just hoping for a 1pm. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: All rooms are great, I think the higher rooms are the best, awesome view!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great feedback. It was certainly a pleasure having you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager