“Could not have asked for better service -”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #5 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh Area
“Could not have asked for better service -”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed here for a cheer competition at the convention center. Location is perfect and indoor walkway is convenient and safe! We at the sports bar twice - once for lunch - and one time we ordered food to go (due to 40 min wait time for a table). Ordering food to go was perfect and convenient. It was ready with 10 minutes. We are NOT complaining about the table wait time - it was after the competition - so there was just a flood of folks that came in all at the same time.

The room - perfect. Ever staff member with whom we interfaced was polite, helpful and friendly. There were SO many folks checking in at the same time for this cheer competition - and they kept everything moving VERY quickly.

Definitely - a high end service facility. LOVED IT.

Room Tip: Did not hear anybody complain about rooms and/or location. Ours was lovely - quiet, clean and large.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. We were happy to be a host for the cheer competition, and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to the JW and Indy. We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (711)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This Hotel is very nice. I stayed on the Concierge floor and I have nothing but compliments about the food, service and quality of the room. The hotel is located only a block or so away from all of the downtown restaurants. It's a great location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank travellwell123
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We'll be looking forward to your next visit. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 18, 2014

As a Silver Elite member, I frequent Marriott properties on a somewhat regular basis. I was very impressed with the quality of this room. Believe it or now, the TV channels were my biggest concern. I wanted to watch Fox Sports 1 & Fox Business and my TV had both channels. The bed was comfortable, the room was well-appointed and the Kohler-equipped bathroom with auxiliary shower nozzles was a welcome perk. The staff was friendly and professional. The only annoyance was having to use my hotel key to access my floor going up, although I understand the security consideration.

Room Tip: I was near the elevators, but didn't notice any issue with noise. I also had a nice view of the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim M
It was great having you with us and I appreciate your feedback. Be assured that I will share this information with my team. We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Of all of the hotels that I have stayed in this one blew me away! The service is excellent from the time you get out of your car to the service in the bar and restaurants. Truly, this is how all hotel service should be measured. All staff are extremely friendly and helpful at any time. The room was on the street side so we did not have the fantastic views on the other side. Bar service was fantastic, as we had probably the friendliest waitress I've had the pleasure to meet. The proximity to the Lucas Oil football stadium is just a couple of blocks away. To me, it does not get any better than this for a hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank prairiephyre
Thank you so much for your feedback. We enjoyed having you with us here at the JW Marriott, and we'll be looking forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 17, 2014

After a glowing review of another favorite Indianapolis property...many people suggested I try the JW Marriott. So on this latest trip to Indy...I did just that. Initial impressions are very important and I wasn't disappointed. I was very pleased with my greeting. The valet was very quick and friendly. What really was special was being greeted at the front door and then escorted to the individual reception desks where the same greeter seamlessly checked me in. Well done! I had reserved the concierge floor with access to the lounge as had been recommended on this site.
Let's get it out of the way that I'm not always a fan of such large properties with endless hallways connected to convention centers. My business trips don't revolve around large group meetings. But if you were here for that purpose, it would be a very comfortable, place to stay. And my rating reflects this.
The rooms were very attractive, not huge with good lighting and a very comfortable bed. A modern, well equipped but modest sized bathroom...all a bit surprising considering they had quite a bit of unused space in the main part of the room. . Perhaps space for a rollaway near the floor to ceiling windows or multiple suitcases by the closet. I think I could have done a better job laying out the space....a sofa instead of the one chair perhaps. Again.....it’s a convention property which I would imagine caters to single travelers. There goes my rollaway idea.
The lounge was a winner with a few critiques. I would come back to the hotel just for Kiya and Lauren . They were friendly and gracious and took care of each guest with warm hospitality. Now if they could only do something about the cafeteria lighting and the lack of complimentary wine or beer. Perhaps I'm confusing the JW Marriott concierge floor with a Ritz Carlton concierge floor. I just don't recall wine being 7 dollars a glass. (Thank you for the generous pours ladies) The food preparations were very nicely presented (think Beef Wellington Puffs in chafing dishes or Cous Cous bites on a ceramic spoon) with a nice variety. Even more reason the charge for wine seemed out of place.
The workout facilities are the equivalent of a big city gym. A +. Another reason to come back.
The Lobby bar...even back late from an outstanding dinner at nearby Bluebeard, was packed! Bottom line.....even if I would choose a smaller property next time...the JW Marriott is doing something right!

Room Tip: City Views through the floor to ceiling windows are very good at night.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Renztem13
Thank you for your great feedback. I truly appreciate your kind words about Kiya and Lauren and I will share your kudos with them. I do understand your comment about the wine and beer in the Executive Lounge and wanted you to know that it is against state law for us to give away alcohol. Again, it was a pleasure having you with us, and we hope to welcome you back when you are in Indy. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Exeter, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed here over the Christmas holiday and we had a wonderful time! I cannot say enough about the staff. They were so kind and friendly, they took care of all our needs and at times went above and beyond what I would expect from hotel staff. We stayed in a king bed room on the concierge floor, (24th), and our room was very large and had a beautiful bathroom which had a very modern shower. The room was perfect, great views of the river. Every morning they have a buffet breakfast, which was great and the staff was once again, excellent. We also ate in the Velocity restaurant a few times while we were there and really enjoyed it. Velocity is a real sports fan's place, we had a tv at our table with some game playing every time we ate there! The location of the hotel is a few blocks away from the circle and most of the city's restaurants. But it is very close to the NCAA, Lucas Oil, and the Riverwalk. We highly recommend this hotel, staff is just fantastic!

Room Tip: Staying on the concierge level is a great perk!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SaiaLaw
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for staying with us here at the JW Marriott. We certainly appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Good but not great? Let me tell you why….First of all indy needed this hotel as you pull up you see this big blue grand looking hotel in a perfect location….Indoor parking good, check….Lobby good/grand/nice check….staff nice/helpful/extra helpful…check…snack room and lounge room very good...Room.. great view, but overall nice but not for the price….hotel was loaded for the colts game so they messed up our room and gave us a discount but price was still high for indiana!….if you ever stayed in a westin, the room was about the same. We are star wood members so we were giving JW a try. I was not wowed by the room at all. I was wowed by everything but the room, so thats why not the five star rating….we will stay in another JW but only when a deal is available if there ever is one. Didn't get to see pool, workout room etc...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Playerham42
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for your comments and I appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your visit. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations with regards to the actual room. We do have a great fitness room if you ever return.
With regards to price, we often run specials throughout the year. They can be found on our website. I do hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our facility. Scott Blalock, General Manager