“Really nice room, great service, all around excellence”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #8 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mishawaka, Indiana
“Really nice room, great service, all around excellence”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed here for one night this past week. Had a great room on a high floor with a great view of the city. Room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. Nice bath and amenities. Hotel is easy walking distance to Circle Center mall and a wealth of restaurants and bars. Hotel service was friendly and efficient. Breakfast buffet the next morning was very good, nice selection, and an excellent omelette and waffle station. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a high floor with a city view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
So happy to see you enjoyed your visit, and we'll be looking forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (718)
  • Korean first
USA
Reviewed December 20, 2013

If you're on a tight budget this probably shouldn't be your first choice. The hotel doesn't set itself far enough apart from it's lower priced competition to make this a regular place to stay, outside of convenience to something. But if spending $150+ per night is in your budget it's great.

An ample number of Valets greet you at the door or direct you towards parking. Check-in was fast and extremely friendly despite the large number of people checking in at the same time. Everyone I communicated with was friendly courteous and quick to help me with anything. They offer complementary late check-out which for us was great.

Parking is a beast at $30 per day, but thats expected for many downtown parking areas. There are a couple of restaurants on site and it's just a short 10 minute walk to downtown to get some other food or drinks.

The room itself was clean, had a great view of downtown and plenty of productivity features for working. Call me cheap but free hotel WiFi should be standard nowadays, good thing cell reception was great.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely, but not for full price.

Room Tip: Ask for something up high, the city view is great!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate your feedback and will share this with my team. I understand your comments about the WiFi and wanted you to know that we are required by Marriott to follow their standards so there is consistency within the brand. Currently Marriott does have a fee at their full-service properties. To give our guests an option, we offer complimentary wireless in the lobby and restaurants. Be assured that once this policy changes, we will change it here at the property level. Again, we hope to welcome you back in the future. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

When you arrive at Indy you cannot — if you can afford it of course — avoid to be attracted from this magnetic and beautiful architectural tower which really mark the skyline of the city. When you get inside is where it starts to lose its strength. Not for the interiors really nice too, but for the perception of not feel to be treated as $$$ hotel should treat you, the customer.
From the check-in to the breakfast, are really many the examples that could be made. The feeling is strange, it is not the customer at the centre, it's the brand. But who makes the brand?

The cherry are always the 14$/day for internet, how to drown in a barrel of water.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Renzo G
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
I am terribly sorry we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit. I agree with you that our customers are the backbone of our business and should be treated as such. Please be assured that I will share your comments with my team.
I also understand your comments about the Internet and wanted you to know that we are required by Marriott to follow their standards so there is consistency within the brand. Currently they do have a fee at their full-service properties. To give our guests an option, we offer complimentary wireless in the lobby and restaurants.
It is my hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Huntington, New York
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Big, beautiful, excellent food, great staff.

If going to a conference in Indianapolis, this is a new & great hotel to hold the conference. When staying here and attending a conference it is easy to run up to your room to drop things off, change clothes, or just have a few minutes of quiet time. Having a conference at the Indianapolis Conference Center where you have to walk outside, down the block or a distance through sky tunnels is a real hassle.

Unlike other Marriott hotels, this hotel had everything is available within the hotel itself.
Also, there is the Green Bus which goes from the airport for $10 directly to the downtown hotels, stopping directly in front, which saves $$ rather than take a shuttle bus or taxi (about $40). The only limitation with the Green Bus Express is that it starts running at 8:00 AM, so if you have a 6:30 AM flight, you will need to take a taxi or town car (which is $42 with tip for the driver).

Room Tip: It seemed as though there were views from all the rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback, and I'm glad to see you enjoyed your conference here at the JW. We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 8, 2013

On a recent trip to Indianapolis to attend a conference and trade show I stayed at the J.W. Marriott Hotel in the heart of the city. It is a huge hotel, not my preferred accommodation. However, I must say that the hotel staff, the size of the room and the amenities made this a most pleasant stay.

The room with floor to ceiling windows was nicely appointed with two queen sized beds. The bathroom was large and comfortable and the room had a one size fits all robe, a very nice touch.
One thing that really annoys me is Marriott's policy of charging for Internet access. Many hotels now provide free Internet access so paying $14.95 is unpleasant for a self employed person like me. While Marriott portrays itself as the preferred hotel for business travelers, it would be nice to have low or no cost access to the Internet.

Otherwise the hotel performed well on many levels. The restaurants were lovely including the Italian restaurant, Osteria Pronto where I had an excellent meal. The sports bar had good wings and a nice wine and beer list. In spite of the number of people in the hotel service was excellent throughout the stay.

The employees at the front desk were well trained and very pleasant. The location of the hotel is excellent with many restaurants within walking distance and the convention center across the street.

Overall I must say this is one of the better Marriott Hotels I have ever experienced. This hotel is the apparently the largest in the US with 33 floors and 1,005 rooms. Again, not my normal preference but it was an excellent stay. The gym and workout facilities also made the stay more pleasant and convenient however, it would have been nice to have a steam or sauna while there. This fitness had neither.

I recommend this hotel highly when going to Indy for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us during your recent visit. I understand your comments about the Internet and wanted you to know that Marriott requires a fee at their full-service properties. To give our guests an option, we offer complimentary wireless in our lobby and restaurants. Again, we appreciate your patronage and hope to welcome you back in the future. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I couldn't wait to put a review out so I'm doing it before I even check out. I travel a lot and this is the best hotel I've ever stayed in - bar none. Resorts and B&B's included. I literally wondered if they thought I was a superstar or a famous rock star. I was walked to the elevator, greatest by wonderful valet service, my luggage carried to the desk...service beyond expectation. I am staying here EVERY time I come to town. Amazing place and amazing staff. If you want to be taken back by unexpected over the top service - stay here. I fell like I should be paying twice what I am for the type of customer service I am getting. And by the way, no one has asked me to write a reive or complete a survey. I haven't even checked out yet. Great job Marriott, you've converted me back ;)

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your great feedback. I'm so happy to see you enjoyed your visit, and I will share your comments with my team. Looking forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed at the JW Marriott for my 29th birthday and it was wonderful, from the time I checked in to the time I checked out. The breakfast and all meals in the executive suite was wonderful.I was on the 32nd floor with a 2 views of the city. The room was nice,clean,and spacious. Aariean and Jessica at the sports bar were wonderful they took excellent care of me during my stay.These two girls rock, If you are staying in Indianapolis whether it's for business or pleasure this is the place to stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JJC1984
Thank you for your post and for your kind comments about Aariean and Jessica. They are assets to this team, and I will share your kudos with them. We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager