“Simply great!”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #6 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 23, 2013

EVERYTHING was GREAT !!! Friendly staff checked me in early! Check-out through TV in room 10 seconds + drop off room key in the lobby! Facilities great! Location perfect -between downtown and river/park, next to everything!!! Will come again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

We'll be looking forward to your return. Thank you for your post. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is the nicest and newest in Indy. We took our daughter for her birthday. There was a chocalate grand piano and a box of chocolates with a card from the staff for her. When we checked in, the man said he could tell it was her birthday. He let each of my children pick a toy out of a prize box and an hour after we got to the room, he sent up large cookies and a glass jug of milk. A hand made card was delivered to the room as well. We paid for none of this and we are not rewards members, just your common people. The hotel is state of the art and amazing from the lobby to the rooms to the bar and restaurant. Impressive and I will be back! We paid 120 bucks for the room for 4 of us and got 4 free breakfasts with our AAA card.

Room Tip: Stay high up for a view of the city
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

It was great to have you with us, and I'm glad to see your daughter's birthday was memorable. We'll look forward to your next visit. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed in the JW Marriott while attending a conference at the Indianapolis conference centre last month. I thought this was a great hotel with little difference in price from other hotels in the area. I stayed in Indy for 4 nights, but could only get a room here for the first two nights. As soon as I had checked-in, I instantly wished that I could stay here for the entire stay!

The Room: the room was spacious and comfortable. The room was on one of the higher floors, so I also got fantastic views over the city. Everything was very clean and modern. I slept very well in the bed, and the room was very quiet (including nice quiet A/C).

The Staff: the staff were very helpful at check-in and check-out.

The Location: it is hard to fault the location. Right in the downtown area and connected to the conference center (and other hotels holding parts of the conference) by indoor walkway.

Other Facilities: I used the gym here. It was a top-notch gym with lots of equipment. I had no problem getting onto a treadmill or the weight machines. The sports bar downstair was also good with a decent selection of bar food and drinks. The staff there were friendly and attentive.

A very good hotel and far better than the other hotel I stayed at in Indy (at roughly the same price). If I return to Indy, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

We certainly appreciate your post, and I'm sorry we did not have rooms available so you could have stayed for four nights. We look forward to welcoming you back to our facility. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel is in great location with easy access to all downtown facilities. The hotel is nicely designed and decorated. We had the park view and it was stellar. The service was professional and friendly. It was a nice treat.

Room Tip: our park view was great
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

We certainly enjoyed having you with us and hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Not only is the building and decor impressive, but the service at this hotel is the best I have ever experienced. From the moment you arrive, you are treated as a special guest. They have great bars and restaurants, and the view we had from our room was amazing!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

You are a special guest, and I'm glad to see you enjoyed your visit. I will share your feedback with my team. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful place to stay. Service was incredible. The same staff member that met me at the door. Took me to the podium and registered, then escorted me to the elevator and offered to escort me to my room. This was the best check in service I have received in recent memory. The bar was exceptional. The room was spacious. The shower had three shower heads. It was like a spa each morning. The JW is connected by walkway to the convention center. The minor league baseball park was across the street and I could watch the games from my window. Very centrally located. Great stay

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for your great feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The thing that I noticed right away was the small army of employees who's only job was to get you from your car to your room as quickly and effortlessly as possibly. Room was very nice and the view was great. Hotel is so close to everything.
Only there 1 night but would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Walter P

Thank you for your post. We are happy you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you back in the future. Scott Blalock, General Manager