“great staff, lovely hotel, nice amenities”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #7 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The young bellman that took me to my room not only gave me the most complete description of everything the room had, but also took me to the window and pointed out nice places to walk and shop. Front desk and lobby bar staff were also outstanding. Room amenities including a robe and bath items are very nice. Complimentary water and nice coffee tea set up as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MakiK
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for your great feedback. Please be assured that I will share your comments with my team. It was a pleasure having you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Indianapolis

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have not felt so welcome and comfortable in a hotel in. Long while. From the moment we arrived to the time we checked out we were treated with courtesy and kindness. The rooms are clean with a modern Asian feel but very warm-not overly decorated or stuffy. Bathroom could have used a little more light but shower made up for that; fabulous. Two great restaurants plus a Starbucks. Location is perfect for downtown meetings, events and/or sightseeing.

• Stayed: April 2013
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

We certainly enjoyed having you with us, and I appreciate your positive feedback. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

The service At this hotel was impeccable the staff was helpful and friendly. I'm planning my next trip back to indy because of the people in this hotel. Every manager during my stay was visible and professional I was impressed with this hotel

• Stayed: September 2013

We appreciate your feedback, and I will share your comments with my team. We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed September 30, 2013

It's hard to believe that the JW Marriott is the #2 hotel in Indianapolis according to TripAdvisor. The JW Marriott Indianapolis clearly should be #1.

This hotel is brand spanking new and very luxurious. The check-in process was quick and the people at the front desk were very friendly and accommodating. I asked for a king room instead of the queen I was assigned and I was given a corner king room on the 34 floor. The room was absolutely spectacular -- modern, huge, floor-to-ceiling windows along two walls with vistas as far as the eyes could see. The bathroom was large too.

I was there for a conference and the conference facilities were top-notch as well. I ate at the Italian restaurant which was above average.

I liked everything about this hotel and I would definitely stay here if I'm ever in Indianapolis again.

Room Tip: High floor corner king room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank worldtravellerLINY

Wow...thank you for your review. We enjoyed having you with us, and we'll be looking forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here several times and each visit is better than the last! The staff is always very friendly and helpful. Our rooms are always beautiful and of course the Marriott beds are amazing! This time we were upgraded to an executive suite and I didn't want to leave the shower, I think it had six heads and was as big as my whole bathroom at home! LOVED! There was a mix up with our reservation and the front desk gave us a voucher for dinner, since we had plans we came back to use it another time with friends. We were given a parking voucher but upon checking out of the lot we had to pay a crazy amount because we were there over the time allotted and there was an Indian's game, we went back and spoke with the manager who took care of it. Just know that the parking is run by another company and read the fine print! All said, we are BIG fans of this great hotel!

Room Tip: City view or Victory Field are beautiful views!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy V

Thank you for your comments, and I will share this feedback with my parking team. We certainly enjoyed welcoming you back and will look forward to your next visit. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Nice new hotel in a perfect area of the city. Everything that a person could want in a hotel is present here. Checking in is a rapid and efficient process with extremely attentive, smiling personnel. The rooms are large, well equipped, quite and with a great view of the city, including Lucas Oil Stadium. Hotel has several places to eat and/or drink. If you want to sit outside your room to relax and be around others, still with your own privacy, areas can be found off the large central lobby. Although you can eat at the hotel, very nice Italian restaurant, many other great restaurant choices within an easy half mile walk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the city.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ChiefGuru

Thank you for your feedback. We certainly enjoyed having you with us and hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel September 5 through 12 for a convention. I was really impressed by the staff. Absolutely everyone had a smile. Everyone was so helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. The coffee shop does an excellent breakfast and has genuine Italian options for dinner. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I had to visit Indianapolis. My only reason for giving it 4 stars instead of 5 stars is the weird plumbing in room 2139. It took ages for the water to run hot in the shower and the thermostat was then temperamental and slow to respond.

Room Tip: Ask about the thermostats for the shower :-)
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Wendy W

Thank you for your visit and your kind comments. I will share this information with my team. I was sorry to read about the plumbing problems in your room, and my engineering team will check and repair the issues. Should you return to Indy, we hope to welcome you back to the JW Marriott. Scott Blalock, General Manager