“Such nice people”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Such nice people”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel September 5 through 12 for a convention. I was really impressed by the staff. Absolutely everyone had a smile. Everyone was so helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. The coffee shop does an excellent breakfast and has genuine Italian options for dinner. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I had to visit Indianapolis. My only reason for giving it 4 stars instead of 5 stars is the weird plumbing in room 2139. It took ages for the water to run hot in the shower and the thermostat was then temperamental and slow to respond.

Room Tip: Ask about the thermostats for the shower :-)
1 Thank Wendy W
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your visit and your kind comments. I will share this information with my team. I was sorry to read about the plumbing problems in your room, and my engineering team will check and repair the issues. Should you return to Indy, we hope to welcome you back to the JW Marriott. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (718)
  • Korean first
Northern NJ
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel still feels brand new and my room was in exceptional condition! The service at the hotel was outstanding. One morning, my shower leaked onto my floor. It caused me no inconvenience at all but I called the front desk just so nothing would be damaged. The hotel had someone to my room within 3 minutes, left an apology letter under my door and offered me free breakfast (which I refused). That all hotels would be this hospitable!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for letting us know of your experience. We appreciate your patronage and hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Terre Haute, Indiana, USA
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have stayed at the JW Marriott in Indianapolis about 4 or 5 times and each time I have been very pleased with the hotel and the staff. The staff go over & above to keep guests happy. The facility is very clean and very nice. The fitness room and pool/hottub is awesome. I took a walk on the paved trail close to the hotel & walked by the river - it was beautiful.
The management response to any little issues was the best I have ever experienced at any hotel. I had requested a mini-fridge for my room. It had an odd smell to it but I only used it for drinks so I didn't call the front desk to ask them to switch it out. However, I worried that they might think I did something to it, so I mentioned it when I checked out & told them that it arrived that way, but that it really wasn't any problem. Before I could even arrive home later that day, I had already received an email from management apologizing and offering to make things right. Very nice & quick response. I am always pleased to stay at this hotel & will certainly return soon!

Room Tip: city view is nice and the river view is also good
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We certainly appreciate your continued patronage. I was sorry to read about the problem you had with the refrigerator and will review this with my team. Looking forward to your next visit. Scott Blalock, General Manager
pnwtoc
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Beautiful hotel inside and out. Staff falls all over themselves to help you and be polite. Rooms are beautifully decorated. A number of restaurants within walking distance. Can't comment on price because I was staying on business and it was paid for for me.

• Stayed September 2013
It was our pleasure to have you with us. I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Myself and three others stayed in one room at the JW for GenCon in August 2013. As I am a Gold level member we had access to the concierge lounge, which is excellent. Staff was friendly and helpful all around. Our room was on an upper floor and close to the elevators, but we didn't hear them once. Excellent views no matter what side of the building you are on. Gym facility is the tops, though the pool seems oddly small for a hotel of this size. Laura in the concierge lounge is an excellent employee too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
It was great to have you with us, and I'm glad to see you enjoyed your visit. I appreciate your kind comments about Laura and will share your kudos with her. We hope to welcome you back next year for GenCon...if not before. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed here for a conference in the Convention Center, so very convenient, since there is a skywalk between the hotel and the conference center. Staff is very friendly and rooms are very nice. I wouldn't recommend the casual restaurant, but they have an Italian resturant - don't know how good that is.

For dining I would recommend going to the area referred to as Mass Ave. Lots of trendy little shops, restaurants and bars. If you go, be sure to use Uber (download their app) for transportation. The come on demand, the cars are really nice and reasonable prices.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
It was great having you with us, and hopefully you will continue to use our facility whenever you are in Indy. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Lake Tahoe
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I don't stay at Marriotts. Their loyalty program sucks compared to Hyatt and SPG. That said, was here for a conference and got a standard room with two queens. Small but very nicely appointed. Good attempt at perks of a 5* type property. Definately 5* in a mid sized city like IND. Things like good 24 hour room service and decent staff made for a good stay.

Room Tip: Mine was small. Sounds like ther are large options on certain floors.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback, and I was glad to see that overall you enjoyed your visit. Scott Blalock, General Manager