“Great Customer Service---Registration”

GreenLeadersSilver level
montgomery
“Great Customer Service---Registration”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Hello. I syated here in July for a conference focused on "disability" issues and employment. There were some individuals traveling with me that had orientation and mobility issues. The front desk employee was one of the best I've ever dealt with at check in. He took the time we needed to get checked in and then spent quality time with one of my attendees helping him get orientated to his room as well as the overall property. This hotel went above and beyond what was expected. I sent the hotel a letter directly to express my satisfaction with my stay and the customer service I received from the front desk. I would definitely stay here again. The property was of high quality as well. It was very clean and the rooms were very comfortable. The location is also good for walking a couple of blocks to a great selection of restaurants, bars, etc.

1 Thank byron4tide
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Once again, I appreciate your feedback and will share it with my front desk team. I'm very proud of the staff and their "spirit to serve". We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (711)
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have traveled extensively throughout the United States, and this J.W. Marriott property ranks among the best hotels we have ever stayed at, if not the best. What is not to impress?

First, a shout-out to Gordon, who checked us in -- friendly, efficient and helpful. I wish we would have gotten the names of the countless other staff who were immediately available with everything from straightening out a minor issue with our room to trying to figure out why the flags were flying at half-mast.

Next, the room was fabulously furnished, comfortable and spotless. The sheets were crisp, comfortable and substantial; in fact, I could have taken the bed and pillows home with me -- . Plus, there were plush robes and towels that were lush enough and big enough to really dry off with after a shower. And the multi-headed shower provided calming relaxation.

A few more random comments -- As for room size, if you were staying with a family things would be tight, but for business or couples, the size is perfect. We did not need to "play with" the air conditioning. It stayed cool and comfortable throughout our stay. And the full-service fitness facility offered many different kinds of machines and a beautiful view of the White River Park. We also ate at each restaurant and were pleasantly surprised with the quality and attention at each.

Our stay was compliments of my husband's employer, and, I admit, it is pricey. But well worth it!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor -- 23 and up. The views are spectacular!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julie Ann M
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Wow...thank you for your comments. I'm glad to see that Gordon and the team were so helpful, and I will share your kudos with them. We enjoyed being your "home away from home" and hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here recently for a conference. Since it was business and not on my dime, I didn't choose the hotel and price and value weren't a huge deal to me, although I think for the level of hotel it was as good as any. What did impress me was the efficiency in which the staff processed 1000+ attendees of the conference who all had to be at the same place at the same time. I hardly ever had to stand in line and there was always someone available who knew the answer to my questions. I've attended this same conference in other hotels and the lines have been awful. Well run hotel and good service.

• Stayed July 2013
We enjoyed hosting your conference and hope to welcome you back in the future. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed at JW Marriott in Indianapolis last week for 1 night stay. Staff could hardly have been more accomodating upon arrival. Very fast check-in. Room was very well furnished, bed most comfortable, air-conditioning working as requested. Good continental breakfast in club. Very fast check-out. This is one hotel with as many persons at desk as in Japanese hotels. More US places should copy rthis style. Highly recommend this hotel for business travelers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great feedback. I was glad to see the team took great care of you, and I will share your comments with them. We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 29, 2013

A great stay! This is presently the largest JWM in the chain (they are building a bigger one in Dubai right now) and was built for the Indy Superbowl. While the hotel is huge, it "feels" comfie and is easy in/out (one of my criteria for business travel). The Executive Lounge was great, as was the Osteria Pronto restaurant. The people were exceptionally attentive and friendly. It will definitely be my "regular" hotel in Indy.

Room Tip: Even close to the elevator, the sound level was superb
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback and will be glad to welcome you back when you return to Indy. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for the national KPC convention for a total of 4 days and it was great!!! The exterior of this hotel is breathtaking. It was especially nice to me because blue happens to be my favorite color. The checkin desk was especially
nice and made the process extra smooth. I stayed on the 11th floor and we had an amazing view of the city. One of the days the Triple A Indianapolis Indians were playing and you could watch the game from the end of the hallway. It was great thing to do on the Fourth of July. The rooms were nice and Extremely Clean. I am an extremely clean person and everything was in perfect order. The only problem that I had at this hotel was when my fiend had a nose bleed he ended up getting blood on the comforter, so I asked the maids to change the comforter. I watched her change the sheets and she changed all of them except for the bloody comforter. I informed her of the situation and she changed the comforter. Other than that little incident this was a great hotel and will be my go to hotel when ever I am in the Indianapolis area.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback. I am sorry about the miscommunication issue with the housekeeper, but I was glad to see that she did change the comforter for you. We'll be looking forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Found a great deal, so booked four rooms for a 4th of July celebration with the family. 29th floor with views of the city and the park, which allowed us phenomenal views of the 4th fireworks and the Indians baseball game. Rooms were spacious, well-appointed, clean and comfortable. From the moment you drive up and the staff warmly welcomes you, you know this will be a positive experience for the travel books.
Check-in was very smooth thanks to their very efficient and accommodating staff. Upon our arrival, everyone went to High Velocity for drinks and snacks. Very little wait for the staff to seat our group of 13. The food was hot, tasty and plentiful. Service was quick and left no one searching for our waiter for refills.
Do not assume this wonderful hotel is out of your price range - check their deals. Ours included a high floor, self parking and breakfast for two adults ad two children. Breakfast was not continental - delicious and fresh food with outstanding wait staff.
The only negative for our stay was the pool - extremely small for the size of the hotel. Unfortunately when I visited with my 2, 4, 11, and 13 year-old grandchildren, there was a group of 5 boys cannon balling off the side of the pool. Since the pool is so small, their splashes covered two-thirds of the pool, leaving no space for small ones to enjoy the water :-(
The location is easy walking to the museums, zoo, Lucas stadium and downtown shopping can be done on foot.
From check-in to check-out, there was no reason for us to leave the building. Very relaxing and a nice start to our family extended weekend. Will visit again and highly recommend a stay - you will not regret it!
Hubby is going to checks rates for his company holiday get together this year because the JW has it all in one place - good food, drinks and space.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and surrounding attractions. We would also love to talk to your husband about his company's holiday party. Please have him call Jennifer McKinney-Seet at 317-860-4931, and she would be happy to give him information. We'll be looking forward to your next visit. Scott Blalock, General Manager