“Hotel was great!”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #6 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed at the JW overnight after a party downtown. The views are amazing! We loved our room and felt like we were in a big city. The hotel bar was hopping at 11:30 and the staff was attentive. I would stay here again in a heart beat.

Room Tip: As for a room tha looks over downtown.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Although we live in the area I used Marriott rewards for a weekend stay at the new JW. was very impressed with the hotel. Incredible addition to downtown Indy. Loved the bar area me had din we in he Italian restaurant. Great views of the city. Will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thanks for your great post, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed at the JW Marriott Indianapolis from June 9 thorugh June 12, 2013. Having never visited Indianapolis before, I had no idea what to expect. I have nothing. . .NOTHING, negative to say about this hotel.
Based on its downtown location, there isn't much of a buidling site to discuss, but the paving was clean and in good condition, and the planting beds were attractive and healthy.
The building is attractive and visible from blocks away. You can't miss this sleek, curved, tall, blue glass tower.
The lobby is spacious and attractive, with an interesting mixture of attractive materials. The corridors are wide and nicely decorated. The rooms are of average size, well appointed and attractive. The bed is fantasticly comfortable. My room was located on the fifth floor. I could hear neither street traffic nor neighboring hotel guests. It was extremely quiet. I don't know how old this hotel is, but it was very clean and everything seemed to be well taken care of and in good condition.
The food in the restaurants is high quality and on par with other hotel restaurant prices. I ate breakfast at a nearby restaurant one morning and it was more expensive than the hotel restaurant.
Every hotel employee with whom I had contact was friendly, polite and professional. My travel agent screwed up my reservation. The desk clerk was not flustered by this in any way and she simply handled the problem without drama or fuss. They couldn't have made me feel more welcome.
A bonus to staying in this hotel is its proximity to the stadiums, museums, river/canal and restaurants. I didn't have a chance to visit the museums but was told by those that did visit the museums that they are very nice.
The one thing you must do is walk along the canal. I did this each morning and it was peaceful and beautiful. When you are walking along the canal, you can almost forget that you are in a large city.

Room Tip: The room in which I stayed was on the east (front) side of the building with a view of the city. It...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Scott B, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Guest,
Wow, thank you for the wonderful comments and the extra details highlighting our hotel. It is nice to see you noticed all of the details including our friendly associates, great food and even our landscaping. Although you were here for the first time for a conference, I hope you will find time to visit us again when you can spend more time in our visitor friendly city.

Scott Blalock

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I attended for the I3 conference. Everything was wonderful, the staff was great, and I'd absolutely recommend it to anyone! I've never stayed at a JW before, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so again. Location was great as well with several great places in walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Thommy S
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

It was our pleasure having you with us. Thank you for your feedback. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Fine accommodation. Top notch. The staff were helpful and courteous. Location was perfect: right in the middle of downtown. Spotless bathroom and room, super confortable high-end beds, excellent testaurants. Nothing was lacking.

• Stayed: May 2013
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have been coming to INDY for more than 14 years now on business and yearly for the Greatest Spectacle in Racing. Up until this year, I've always stayed at the Conrad mainly because it was familiar to me. This year I booked the weekend at JWM on a recommendation and glad I did. The hotel was amazing - from the time you walk through the door (you're welcomed with a smile and attentive service). The room was great and rivals any high end hotel out there - I recommend spending a little extra for Executive Lounge access - with a proper breakfast, snacks and drinks throughout the day. Probably one of the best ROOM SERVICE experiences ever from an employee who was inherently a genuine human being; I only ordered a hamburger but sometimes you just run into someone who's truly a good soul - which set the tone for the rest of my weekend. Overall I couldn't have been happier with this hotel experience and rest assured when I'm back in INDY, I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: High Floor facing White River State Park
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for this wonderful post. I was very happy to see that all the associates stepped up to make your stay a great experience. We'll be looking forward to seeing you next year at the race...if not before! Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed here during the Indy 500. What a vibe the hotel had. Loved being in a location that was easy to get around and felt safe. This was our first time in Indianapolis and what a beautiful city. The staff here were all fantastic and there were plenty of them. Very comfortable room and great options for dining.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get access to the executive lounge, defiantly worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

We loved having you with us over the Indy 500. This is a great city, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager