3,494 results
All reviews high velocity convention center floor to ceiling windows the executive lounge white river corner room victory field beautiful hotel high floor lobby bar lucas oil stadium city view self parking per day downtown area conference osteria
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in mid-April for a conference. The hotel is very convenient to the Indiana Convention Center -- connected by enclosed walkways over the street. The hotel is apparently quite new and the public spaces are very attractive.

I was fortunate to get upgraded to the executive club floor and the room was great, with spectacular views from the floor-to-ceiling windows. My only possible complaint about the room might be the very small closet. (I have to travel with business suits and dress shirts that need to hung and tiny closets are an annoyance.) The bathroom was beautifully designed and the walk-in shower was great. There was a good desk with lots of extra outlets for charging phone, laptop, etc.

The executive club area is very spacious, with lots of comfortable seating and more great views. Breakfast and evening appetizers were excellent in the club.

What impressed me most about the hotel was the courteous and helpful staff. The front desk staff was quite welcoming. I had lunch twice in the casual sports bar restaurant and the service was very friendly and efficient. The staff members in the executive club couldn't have been nicer. On my day of departure, I had difficulty printing the boarding pass for my flight home and a staff member in the club immediately came to my assistance. He couldn't get the printer in the club room to work either, but he took my flight confirmation information and said he would have it printed for me and delivered to my room. In about 7 or 8 minutes the printed boarding pass was delivered to my room. I was really impressed with the good service.

I sometimes really dislike the big conference hotels that I stay in, but I enjoyed my stay here very much. I think this hotel's kind and attentive staff make this place less impersonal than a lot of big conference hotels.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about the team. I am fortunate to work with such a dedicated team, and they have a true desire to serve. We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Beautiful hotel with great customer service. The room was nicely decorated and very comfortable. We had a beautiful view of downtown Indy. My only complaint was they tried to double charge us for parking, one for valet and one for self park. We only stayed one night. I'm glad I checked the bill prior to departing! They immediately took care of it though.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments, and please accept my apologies for the parking charge error. I was glad to see the team quickly corrected the bill. Hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The JW Marriot was very beautiful, newer, great customer service. The room was very clean and perfect size. I stayed at this hotel for 5 days on a business trip. Had a wonderful time. It is in a great location next to the convention center. Cant wait to come back next year.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

We will look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for your feedback. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I took a trip to Indy from Ohio to celebrate my college graduation, and I am so glad he choose here! The mini marathon was in town, which we didn't know when we planned the trip, so there were a ton of people in town, however it never felt overly crowed in the hotel at any time and there were so many staff members willing to help you! The location is great, and so is the view!! Amazing. Breakfast is also fantastic, the bed is very comfortable, and everything was so clean! The only downfall was parking, we didn't want to valet, so we went to the garage we were told to go to,and there was some kind of state workers convention of some sort letting out so we were only allowed to park in one section of the garage. Upon check out we had the $30 dollar parking charge on our credit card which we expected, however when we exited the garage the man in the booth stated "I hate when the hotel tells you guys you can use your card, we don't accept those cards, this is the state garage." So it was ANOTHER $30 dollars! That was a pain, my boyfriend was so fed up with parking at that point that he didn't go back to the hotel to argue it. Apparently there needs to be better communication from the hotel because this seems like a common occurrence. Other than that the stay was awesome, we will be back !

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel. I did want to apologize for the confusion regarding the parking. Due to the Mini Marathon, parking was extremely tight last weekend. I can assure you that the team will do a better job of communicating the cost. If you could contact me at 317-860-4911 (or my email at scott.blalock@marriott.com), I would be happy to adjust your parking fee. We hope to welcome you back in the future. From all of us, congratulations on your college graduation! Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Just spent a week at this amazing hotel. Not only was it impeccably clean, the customer service was incredible! The staff always said hi and were ready to help with anything. My Internet had a problem one evening and they promptly sent IT to my room, checked an hour later to ensure it was resolved, gave me Rewards points for the inconvenience, and left me a handwritten card to apologize!! It wasn't even their issue! But that's how the JW is. I've been all over the world and stayed in many Marriotts. Hands down, this one is the best. I can't recommend it highly enough!

Date of stay: May 2013
Trip type: Traveled on business

We certainly enjoyed having you with us and appreciate your feedback. Hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager