3,491 results
All reviews high velocity convention center floor to ceiling windows the executive lounge white river corner room victory field beautiful hotel high floor lobby bar lucas oil stadium city view self parking per day downtown area conference osteria
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I enjoyed a great room on one of the Executive floors. The room was spacious, well appointed, and very comfortable. The staff is extremely friendly, courteous, and helpful. There are more amenities in this hotel than I had time to enjoy and evaluate. The Executive Lounge was well stocked and well staffed with everything from newspapers and breakfast to evening desserts, soft drinks, and a bar. This was an excellent travel experience.

Room tip: The 31st floor was quiet and had excellent views of the city.
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

We enjoyed having you with us, and look forward to your next visit. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We are local to Indy and this was our second visit to the JW. This is a well run and customer focused property. Everyone from the valets to the front desk staff is super friendly and willing to help.

Upon arrival they checked us in early and put us on the highest floor available.

The rooms are spacious and what you would expect from a hotel of this class. We love the floor to ceiling windows and there are unique views from about every angle. If you're visiting Indy this is the best option when it comes to staying downtown. We've stayed several times at the Conrad (and while they have an awesome spa) the lobby & rooms seem to be kind of formal and even a little cold. I'd choose the JW every time.

While there we attended an event that was also really nicely appointed and the food was great.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank minnow1982
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

It was great to welcome you back, and thank you for your post. It was a pleasure having you with us, and I will share your comments with my team. We hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The place is a complete hotel. Very good restaurants from a sports bar to Italian. Two complete bars. There's room service, valet parking, etc. And it's all ála carte. Just like any major metro hotel, you pay for everything. You can walk to a nice theater district a few blocks away. Rooms are spacious and have plenty of power outlets on the desk--yayyyyy. In this day, my one 'beef' is who charges $15 day for internet ?

Couple of things to know: If you are getting the Government rate, and you're a contractor, like me, insist that reservations connect you to the front desk, so they add the following comment to your reservation: You are Government, but you do not have a Government ID. This will prevent a near fascist level interrogation, like the one I received before I learned to do this.

The normal pricing is not for the feint of heart and is actually comparable to Downtown Chicago. Yet, the place is pretty packed every time I'm there, sooooooo perhaps the problem is me, not them. The place is amazingly well staffed.

Room tip: I prefer the higher the better, for a room, but after a certain height there is an up charge at this hotel.
2  Thank EdisonCarter
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for your post. I appreciate your feedback and it was a pleasure to have you as our guest. I do understand your comment regarding the Internet; however, we are required by Marriott to follow their standards so there is consistency within the brand. To give our guests an option, we do offer complimentary wireless in our lobby and restaurants. Again, we enjoyed having you with us, and look forward to your next visit. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed last June for a weekend get a way. The hotel is incredibly clean. We stayed in a corner room on the 22nd floor I believe. The view of both Victory Field and White River State Park was beautiful. My only complaint was that there was only one comfortable chair in the room and a desk chair. It was not comfortable to order room service and dine in the room. Don't miss the restaurant High Velocity. The food and service is excellent and the prices very reasonable. The hotel's location to downtown Indy can't be beat. It is close to everything.

Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights for a conference. For the most part, everything was great. The bed was comfortable, the location was awesome, and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The fitness room was top notch also. My only complaints would be...the pillows were awful. I went home with a sore back for days. I also found it pretty ridiculous how much they charged for internet service. I manage a hotel and I know how inexpensive it is to offer free internet. They are making a killing off this. Otherwise, I would stay again if I'm back in the area.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I was sorry you experienced a problem with the pillows. We do have foam pillows available if the standard JW pillow is not comfortable for you. I understand your comment about the Internet; however, we are required by Marriott to follow their standards so there is consistency within the brand. Currently they do require a fee at all their full-service properties. To give our guests an option, we offer complimentary wireless in the lobby and restaurants. Be assured that once this policy is changed, we will change it at the property level. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to welcome you back in the future. Scott Blalock, General Manager