3,242 results
All reviewshigh velocityconvention centerfloor to ceiling windowsthe executive loungewhite rivercorner roomvictory fieldbaseball stadiumbeautiful hotelhigh floorlobby barlucas oil stadiumcity viewattended a conferenceluxury hotelself parkingper day
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Concierge lounge at this property is excellent. I wont bother talking about how lovely the staff and property was, it's a JW Marriott, it's great. Now, back to the lounge. Fantastic spread, very, very good desserts and an honor bar better equipped than many hotel bars. I'll be back very, very soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Nice, new hotel, but I was surprised to find all the pillows on the bed were thick. I called down for a thinner pillow and they said they'd bring one right up. This was at 11:10pm. By 11:30, still no one, so I called again. Again, they'd be right up. At 11:50, a knock at the door and there he is handing me the same type of pillow I already have 4 of. I explain I was looking for a thinner pillow, so he leaves and is back 10 minutes later with a different pillow, which is thinner but still pretty lousy. After a bad nights sleep I call the front desk to make sure I wouldn't be charged a penalty for checking out early. After explaining my disappointment in their service from the previous night they offered me a Starbucks coupon, which they said they would, you guessed it, send right up. 40 minutes later I was all set to leave and still no one had come to my room.

Anyway, the next night at the Hyatt was much more pleasant. Better pillows and a shorter walk to the center of town.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for your post, and please accept my sincere apologies for dropping the ball with regards to your request for thinner pillows. This is not typical of our team, and I can assure you that we will use your experience as a training tool for the staff. It is my hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in our service. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Been to many Marriott's across the U.S and this by far is one of the nicest and larges I've been in.

The service is top notch and was greeted from the moment you walk into the door. They treated you like a valued customer, walked you to the elevator. The food is good and the prices are good also.

The rooms are new and updated and are very nice.

Recommend the upper levels as the showers are larger and have more options.

Travel around the area is good and the use of the Skywalk to get to downtown was a great option.

I'll be looking to stay there again next time I'm in Indiana.

Room Tip: Recommend higher floors for better options.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

It was our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon! Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were originaly supposed to stay in the Marriott Downtown but upon arrivle they told us they over booked and they didn't have a room for us. We were informed that they would be moving us to another hotel But the clerk made a phone and and and within a few miniets he had everything taken care of. He let us know that he was sending us the the J.W Marriot and that they were refunding our money and comping the room for us. We had a nice King bedroom with a nice view. The shower was amazing. The staff at both hotels were very nice and helpful. I was impressed with there customer service.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We were planning a weekend getaway and we were pleased to find a reasonably priced room at this luxury hotel. When we pulled up, the valet was happy to point out we could park across the street at half the rate of their garage. There was an event at the convention center on Saturday, so there were lots of cars in the garage, but we found a spot near the top and easily took the sky bridge across to the hotel. The lobby was bustling on Saturday mid-day, but there were many agents working and we were checked in very quickly. The lobby is beautiful, the fitness facility is very large and also beautiful. The room was very modern and the bathroom was out of the pages of an interior design magazine. The service was wonderful. It was cold when we were there, but the view of the river was lovely and it would be great to walk around in those parks in warmer weather. Downtown shopping and restaurants were just two blocks away. Indiana State Museum was just across the street. Overall, a great getaway. We'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great comments. You will enjoy the White River State Park in warmer weather, and we will look forward to your return. Scott Blalock, General Manager