“Great Hotel”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #6 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights while attending a Colts game & seeing an old friend. Everything was top notch from check-in to check-out. The staff is very friendly & professional, which is always a constant at all the JWs that we have stayed in.

We had a room on the executive floor, with access to the concierge lounge, & it was very nice! There was plenty of room for the two of us in our king sized bedroom, which also had a glass enclosed shower.

We had dinner at the sports bar & the food was pretty good, which was reasonably priced.

I would highly recommend staying here if in the downtown area.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was great. It was a few blocks from the main district of restaurants and bars but not to far. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The rooms were a nice size and nicely decorated. The hotel was exactly what I expected.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip... hands down, it was a great experience. Nothing bad to say at all, and as a matter of fact, the bed was extra, extra comfortable. The hotel has a few eating and drinking choices depending on how fancy you want to get. The sports bar is more vibrant and casual, and Osteria Pronto is a bit more of an upscale dining experience. I ate at both places and both places were great.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

It was our pleasure having you with us, and we appreciate your kind feedback. The next time you are in Indy, we'll look forward to welcoming you back! Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip, and I'm so glad the company 'forced' me to stay here. Great rooms, friendly staff and a short walk from the bar-based delights of downtown. Parking is pricey at $28 per day and the food in the sport bar, High Velocity is nothing to write home about. I'd say with the Indians next door and the Colts down the road, it'd be a bit of a pain on big match day - the lobby was a lot noisier than the less upmarket Marriott Downtown 1 block away, but on this particular weekend, I enjoyed myself.

The corporate rate also afforded me a complementary buffet breakfast in the restaurant, which didn't skimp on bacon or fruit. I only regret that I had to leave Indy so early on my final day that I didn't get one final crack at it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. I understand your comment about parking. Parking in the downtown area is at a premium, and we do our best to be competitive with other full-service properties in the area. We will continue to monitor this. Again, we certainly enjoyed having you with us and hope to welcome you back in the future. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Recently I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for a Special Olympics Torch Run conference. The rooms and staff were great. The bar downstairs was nice and food and drink reasonably priced. The food was outstanding. The main restaurant was priced higher than I was ready for (21.00 breakfast). I stuck with coffee.

• Stayed: November 2012
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for your recent post. It was our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was in Indianapolis for a very specific business trip. But this hotel was so wonderful, I could have happily stayed around 3 days. The gym is incredible. The hotel is large and feels like a mini-resort, only for business travelers. The rooms were quite seriously the type of thing I would expect to see at a luxurious vacation spot. The only drawback: location is far from downtown, so if you're going to court in Marion County or taking a meeting downtown, this is not your best choice; you'll need a cab in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here 5 days for an international conference. This is a first-class property that has the staff to go with that first-class. Great location and views of the river or downtown. Excellent sports bar and Italian restaurant on property. Any return to Indy downtown makes this a must stay.

Room Tip: River view is the best.