“An excellent downtown hotel in Indy”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #6 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Maumee, Ohio, United States
“An excellent downtown hotel in Indy”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I normally stay in the suburbs of Indianapolis when in town, but had a conference at this hotel, so I stayed there as well. I was very impressed with the layout and look, the quality throughout, and the very attentive service at all contact points. Additionally, I found the hotel to be an excellent value for a downtown hotel! The hotel is connected seemingly to everything else in the city through inside walkways, so no need for a coat in even lousy weather. The room was clean, modern and comfortable and the view from the 20th floor was nice. The bed was the right level of firm, but comfy and everything worked including the TV remotes that always seem to be out of batteries at other hotels. On the whole I was very pleased with the stay and impressed with the hotel...two thumbs up!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (718)
  • Korean first
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I live in the Indianapolis area but we chose to stay downtown the evening before the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon. We chose this location because it is the newest luxury hotel downtown and it is an absolutely stunning exterior. We had an amazing time and the hotel was everything we expected and then some. Initially we had a reservation at Palomino for dinner but after arriving we learned that they have an excellent Italian restaurant on premise so we tried this instead. The room, dinner and ambiance of this hotel was first class. If you are coming to Indy and looking for first class service this is the place!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fishers, IN
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the downtown JW hotel to celebrate our anniversary. From the moment you walk in the door, the service is impeccable. We were immediately greeted, despite the fact that the hotel was very busy. In fact, they went out of their way during check-in and check-out to make sure we did not wait long. We made a request for wine opener and glasses - no problem! Both were delivered promptly and with a smile. We had an appetizer at the lounge and our waitress was AMAZING! This the kind of service that will lead to brand loyalty. Thank you Marriott for making our celebration special!!

Room Tip: some rooms have awesome views - ask if you prefer to overlook the canal area
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
First, from all of us at the JW Marriott, Happy Anniversary! We are honored that you would share this special time with us. It was great having you here, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 5, 2012

JW Marriott excellent hotel to spend several days great restaurants on site as well as in neighborhood New rooms well appointed..pricing is reasonable The staff was very helpful....meeting rooms were spacios and well designed

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great checkin. Perfect room. Well-appointed. Considerate nudge about the 11 AM checkout. Some excellent food prepared for a very large conference group. Interaction with management was superb. They have a five minute rule for any guest response. I believe this is one of the three best-managed US hotels I've ever encountered.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words, and we hope to welcome you back soon! Scott Blalock, General Manager
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband and I had a chance to stay overnight at the JW Marriott, a very popular place in our hometown. I made several attempts to request and book a king-size room. It wasn't until I checked-in that I learned that no king-size rooms were available because of groups that were booked the same night. The woman working the check-in desk was so kind. While she couldn't give me a king-size room, she did give us a nice, quiet double-queen corner room, giving us a great view of the south and west side of the city.

The hotel and room are absolutely beautiful! What a great place to relax!

A couple quirks that I didn't expect: In the bathroom, I could overhear a conversation in another room. I was surprised the voices weren't muffled - I could make-out every word. Thankfully, we couldn't hear anything in our room though. The noise was only in the bathroom.

Secondly, I hate to type this, but the beds were not the most comfortable we've had. We both commented that we expected softer linens. The bathroom towels, however, were dreamy!

Overall, I would certainly recommend the hotel (unless a quiet bathroom and soft sheets rank at the top of your must-have list).

Room Tip: Request high-level room facing east for a view of downtown. If that's not available, request a c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I will review your comments with both my Dir. of Engineering and Dir. of Services. We'll do our best to correct our shortcomings. It was certainly our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Unexpected overnight stay in Indianapolis during FFA Convention! Yikes! The radio says 50,000 in attendance... where will we find a room? My husband tells me to try JW Marriott, probably beyond FFA price range. To our advantage, our last minute call got us a room for one night at a very attractive rate. The hotel is beautiful and modern and well located. Valet and front desk staff are all welcoming and efficient even though we arrived at 10pm. Lobby, bar, and restaurant very attractive... service and food excellent. Even if this hotel brand is typically above your comfort level, don't be afraid to check. You won't be sorry

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on a higher floor. Views are outstanding from floor to ceiling windows.