“beautifully appointed hotel, book early!”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #7 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis, IN
“beautifully appointed hotel, book early!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband and I had a chance to stay overnight at the JW Marriott, a very popular place in our hometown. I made several attempts to request and book a king-size room. It wasn't until I checked-in that I learned that no king-size rooms were available because of groups that were booked the same night. The woman working the check-in desk was so kind. While she couldn't give me a king-size room, she did give us a nice, quiet double-queen corner room, giving us a great view of the south and west side of the city.

The hotel and room are absolutely beautiful! What a great place to relax!

A couple quirks that I didn't expect: In the bathroom, I could overhear a conversation in another room. I was surprised the voices weren't muffled - I could make-out every word. Thankfully, we couldn't hear anything in our room though. The noise was only in the bathroom.

Secondly, I hate to type this, but the beds were not the most comfortable we've had. We both commented that we expected softer linens. The bathroom towels, however, were dreamy!

Overall, I would certainly recommend the hotel (unless a quiet bathroom and soft sheets rank at the top of your must-have list).

Room Tip: Request high-level room facing east for a view of downtown. If that's not available, request a c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I will review your comments with both my Dir. of Engineering and Dir. of Services. We'll do our best to correct our shortcomings. It was certainly our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (703)
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Unexpected overnight stay in Indianapolis during FFA Convention! Yikes! The radio says 50,000 in attendance... where will we find a room? My husband tells me to try JW Marriott, probably beyond FFA price range. To our advantage, our last minute call got us a room for one night at a very attractive rate. The hotel is beautiful and modern and well located. Valet and front desk staff are all welcoming and efficient even though we arrived at 10pm. Lobby, bar, and restaurant very attractive... service and food excellent. Even if this hotel brand is typically above your comfort level, don't be afraid to check. You won't be sorry

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on a higher floor. Views are outstanding from floor to ceiling windows.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Portage, Indiana
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was our first stay at this hotel and it was really all business. My fiance was there for the IN State Bar Association annual meeting and it is in a perfect spot, right downtown. The view of Lucas Oil Stadium is unmatched. The hotel itself is massive but the staff is everywhere and they are wonderful and attentive. The room was beautiful and everything in its place. There were only a few things I was not satisfied with and the first was the room booked was not the room I was given. It's always great to be upgraded but not downgraded. I had a king room reserved; they gave me two queens. Well, we don't have any more kings. Okay...did I mention I am a Marriott Rewards member? A well known fact that even the great valets out front seemed to know - they constantly referred to me by my name and truly went out of their way to meet our needs.

That's always discouraging in my opinion. I had booked this room well in advance so I am not exactly sure what happened. I do realize the FFA convention was also going on but technology is such that it should allow you to see what is and is not available at any given moment in a hotel especially for reservations.

Second, sadly, the queen beds were horrible to sleep on. Both me and my fiance were miserable the next day from a restless sleep on a mattress that felt more like a board. It was disappointing.

Please don't let those two things sway you from visiting Indy for business or pleasure. I know I will probably return, maybe stay in the Courtyard by Marriott right next door (and adjoining) the JW. I naturally thought this hotel would live up to higher expectations. I think on a whole it was a good choice; service was good, restaurants and ambiance was also very good. It's the little details that seasoned travelers, for business and pleasure, pick up on and seem to be really big in the scheme of things.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I do want to apologize for the confusion with the reservation, and I will speak to my room's team in this regard. We will do our best to meet all requests. I will also speak to my Director of Services regarding the mattress comfort. If there is anything we can do to enhance your visit, please let us know. We value your business and want you to be completely happy with your stay. Thanks again for staying with us at the JW Marriott, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Williamstown, Kentucky
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this Marriott again on a recent work trip and I have nothing but positive things to say.

This hotel and its rooms are very clean with modern decor and furnishings. Small indoor pool and hot tub are adjacent to the exercise facility, which is huge and well equipped.

The meeting facilities are also very nice.

The hotel is just a block away from Lucas Oil Stadium and the convention center.

• Stayed October 2012
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, and we hope to welcome you back soon! Scott Blalock, General Manager
New York
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Was here for some work training. Ended up staying longer than expected as our flight back into NY was cancelled! Hotel is very nice. Was on the 21st floor which had a nice view!

Neat, tidy, clean. Good amenities. Only complaint was that the receptionist didn't have my corporate credit card on file (We had called head over a month ago and spoken to her!) and the coffee machine in the room was missing the filters so we couldn't make coffee.

Would definitely recommend. Had a great stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent post, and I hope your trip back to New York was smooth. I did want to apologize for the confusion regarding your corporate credit card, and I will speak to my Accounting team in this regard. Regarding the coffee filters, this is part of the coffee packet. Should you ever need any extra supplies in your room, please let us know and we will be happy to bring them to you. Again, it was a pleasure having you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Northville, Michigan
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is my wife's favorite Marriott property so when she found out that she had to be in Indianapolis on her birthday, it was a no brainer. We were given an executive suite, corner room on the 27th floor overlooking the park and needless to say it was fabulous. The staff even had a miniature chocolate piano and a birthday card for my wife. First class customer service.
This hotel is in a perfect location next to the state park, museums, Victory Field and Lucus Oil Stadium. The river runs right along the side and the views are beautiful.
The entire staff is very warm and friendly and the facilities are top notch. I really enjoyed the pool, workout area and the executive lounge.
If you are in the Indianapolis area, this is the hotel to stay in. Many thanks to Nancy and her staff for giving us a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on a high floor overlooking the river. They have floor to ceiling windows and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
It was certainly our pleasure to have you with us, and we'll be looking forward to your next visit!
Scott Blalock, General Manager
Sherfield upon Loddon,
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I used to stay at a number of hotels in Indy when I stayed there but recently I have taken to staying at the JW Marriot and I cannot compliment them enough. The Staff are all very, very helpful.. The Lobby staff and check in staff are super friendly and are just what you need after a tough all day meeting.

The Bars in the Lobby are both great places to hangout and though Indy has some nice restaurants, the folks at the JW make it hard not to just stay in for the night in their bars and restaurants.

Finally the Exec floor lounge up on 31 is the cherry on the top of this delicious cake. They are very, very supportive of your business needs.. I nip up there each night for a low fat yoghurt and a diet coke and they always greet you with a warm welcome.

If your coming to Indy for whatever reason, make the JW your base :)

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the city or the Minor League Baseball diamond
1 Thank Ethernat
I certainly appreciate your many kind comments and will share this with my team. We love having you with us, and we'll look forward to your next visit! Scott Blalock, General Manager