“WOW”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #7 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is my wife's favorite Marriott property so when she found out that she had to be in Indianapolis on her birthday, it was a no brainer. We were given an executive suite, corner room on the 27th floor overlooking the park and needless to say it was fabulous. The staff even had a miniature chocolate piano and a birthday card for my wife. First class customer service.
This hotel is in a perfect location next to the state park, museums, Victory Field and Lucus Oil Stadium. The river runs right along the side and the views are beautiful.
The entire staff is very warm and friendly and the facilities are top notch. I really enjoyed the pool, workout area and the executive lounge.
If you are in the Indianapolis area, this is the hotel to stay in. Many thanks to Nancy and her staff for giving us a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on a high floor overlooking the river. They have floor to ceiling windows and...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

It was certainly our pleasure to have you with us, and we'll be looking forward to your next visit!
Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I used to stay at a number of hotels in Indy when I stayed there but recently I have taken to staying at the JW Marriot and I cannot compliment them enough. The Staff are all very, very helpful.. The Lobby staff and check in staff are super friendly and are just what you need after a tough all day meeting.

The Bars in the Lobby are both great places to hangout and though Indy has some nice restaurants, the folks at the JW make it hard not to just stay in for the night in their bars and restaurants.

Finally the Exec floor lounge up on 31 is the cherry on the top of this delicious cake. They are very, very supportive of your business needs.. I nip up there each night for a low fat yoghurt and a diet coke and they always greet you with a warm welcome.

If your coming to Indy for whatever reason, make the JW your base :)

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the city or the Minor League Baseball diamond
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ethernat
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

I certainly appreciate your many kind comments and will share this with my team. We love having you with us, and we'll look forward to your next visit! Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great hotel. The only flaw was the elevator. You had to put your card in and push the button. Easy, right....Not so fast.....My ket never worked, and I got some good elevator time. Up and down. Had to get close to my floor, and take the stairs. HOOAH

Room Tip: Ensure your key works for the elevator and door.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent post. I was sorry that you did have a problem with your key not working in the elevator, and I am checking with my Front Desk staff to see if there was a flaw in the coding of the key. Be assured that this is not typical of our hotel, and we hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We spent one night at this hotel for an event this Fall. The location is very central to Lucas Oil Stadium, the downtown mall (which has unfortunately lost its Nordstrom - go to Keystone Crossing in the suburbs for a better shopping experience), and various restaurants. Staff is very courteous and helpful. We stayed on the 28th floor and it had a great view and well appointed bathroom with updated amenities. The breakfast buffet is excellent.
If I could offer one criticism it would be this -- I checked my credit card bill online upon returning home and learned that the hotel, which I had booked and paid for via expedia, had nonetheless charged me for my night -- which doubled the price. Unfortunately our statement upon checkout did not reflect this. I immediately filed a dispute charge with american express, and was told this is something that has been happening with some regularity of late when people book and pay through third parties -- so be forewarned and check your statements carefully. That was the only damper to our stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your great feedback. I also want to apologize for the confusion regarding the third party booking with Expedia. I am told by my Accounting team that this has just recently switched and some reservations are paid through Expedia and others are charged to the hotel. In the past, all reservations were paid through Expedia. I would be happy to investigate further if you could give me a call at 469-371-2312. Again, it was our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank john o

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed two nights for a quick getaway with our kids. Rooms were very comfortable and spacious. The service was excellent from the bellmen, front desk, housekeepers, to wait staff. We ate at High Velocity, the sports bar, and all of the food was top notch. Location was within 5 min walk to shopping, football stadium, great restaurants. We could have walked to the in probably 10-15 minutes. the Etlejorg (spelling?) museum and state museum were across the street. Overall, it was a great experience. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bosco_bean
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

I'm glad you and the family enjoyed your visit. We have a great city and are glad we could share it with you. Hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights during a conference in September and couldn't have been more impressed. It's a newer hotel so everything is sparkling clean and the staff were professional and attentive, even trying to help me find a sweater I'd left behind at a reception the night before. No luck, but A for effort. Also, the location is awesome - walking distance to the ball parks and museums. we even walked to the zoo.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business