“Midwest Gem”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Midwest Gem”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at the JW Marriott Indianapolis for nine days. I was in town for my company's conference. The hotel is beautiful. The decor is so hip and stylish. It definitely did not feel like I was in Indiana once I stepped inside the hotel. The food in the lobby bar & High Velocity was so good. The mojitos I had at the bar were perfection! I had to go to the convention center a lot and the skywalk was a major bonus offering access to Circle Centre Mall, the convention center, & other downtown locations. JWM Indy is a great hotel for conferences & events. The customer service was stellar. The staff was friendly & warm - always offering help. I was carrying a box through the lobby & a staff member said I can take that. He carried the box to our staff office and even hung around to help us rearrange our space. The level of service I experienced was beyond amazing.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
  • Korean first
Southern Indiana
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I recently stayed at the JW for a work related meeting that was being held in their convention center. Since my employer booked the room I was on the sixth floor looking down on the check in area and roof for the hotel behind the JW. I'm sure rooms on the higher floors have a much better view. The room was very nice, but I had expected more since I had looked up the price of the rooms online. The bathroom wasn't anything special, but I did appreciate the makeup mirror when getting ready. I also think having to pay for internet service when a room costs this much is not reasonable.

The convention center is very nice. The rooms we had meetings in were well laid out and easy to find. We also had a breakfast and lunch buffet in the convention center and the food was good except for the eggs at breakfast, which were runny.

Overall the JW is a very nice hotel, but I have also stayed at the Conrad a couple of blocks over and if I'm paying that is where I stay. It is a lot closer to places to eat and is a more upscale experience.

Also one note on the JW's parking garage. Very confusing to figure out and I had to swipe my card 3 times to get it to let me out at the end of my stay. It kept telling me my card wasn't valid.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your comments about the Internet and wanted you to know that we are required by Marriott to follow their policies so there is consistency within the brand. Currently there is a fee at their full-service properties. When this policy is changed, we will gladly change it here at the property level. I was also sorry to read about the problem you had in the garage, and will speak to my parking manager in this regard. Again, it was our pleasure to have you with us, and I do hope you will consider giving us a chance to regain your confidence. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Indianapolis
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Staff was great! Reserved a "city" view but wasn't available. $35 to park daily, and had to wait 30+ minutes for them to retreive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your feedback, and please accept my apologies for the wait to retrieve your vehicle. This is not our standard, and I will follow up with my valet team. It is my hope you will continue to use our facility whenever you are in Indianapolis. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stunning in all regards: great service, spectacular views, lovely service, perfect location, outstanding food. And we were all treated like royalty. Highly recommended for anyone traveling to Indianapolis.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the park and museums.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Assistant2, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
It was our pleasure to have you with us, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have a unique Australian husband as he likes American football! For his 60th birthday we went to the USA and I took him to Indianapolis to watch his favorite team the Colts play at their home ground. We stayed at the JW Marriott, what a surprise this hotel is. We had come from staying at the best of the best and didn't really expect much in Indy, well were we wrong. This hotel is fantastic. Great decor, big rooms, quiet and staff that were awesome, friendly and so helpful. This is a top notch hotel that makes you feel very welcome. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
What a great birthday trip! I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations. Indy is a great city and we love to welcome new visitors. Let me know if you will be returning for another game. Scott Blalock, General Manager
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a beautiful new hotel in a fantastic location near the football stadium, the minor league baseball stadium, the convention center, the Capitol, and the IUPUI campus. It a great area for a good walk. The rooms are extremely nice, and the views are great in both directions. The Italian restaurant downstairs is superb for dinner, and the breakfast buffet is excellent. The sports bar is a great place to watch a game and have a burger and brew (with some nice local micro beers on tap). Overall, this was a great experience.

Room Tip: I liked the downtown view, especially in the evening.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We are very proud of Indy and being part of the White River State Park. I was glad to see that you enjoyed your visit, and we hope to welcome you back soon. Scott Blalock, General Manager
McVille, North Dakota
Reviewed September 22, 2012

What customer service should be. One of the best hotel fitness centers I have ever seen, great restaurants, great location, and great rooms. The only place I will stay on future trips to the city. Well done Marriott!

1 Thank Nodak788
Thank you for your comments, and we'll look forward to welcoming you back to the JW Marriott. Scott Blalock, General Manager