“Amazing hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing hotel”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This hotel has got it all! Great location within walking distance to restaurants, convention center, Lucas oil stadium. Rooms are clean and modern and my husband and I agreed that the bed is the most comfortable we have ever slept on! Lobby is very modern with check in "pods" instead of long traditional front desk. Valet is very fast and friendly. Lots of dining options right there in the hotel. Make sure to request a high floor and you can't go wrong with a river or city view - they are both awesome! Executive club lounge is amazing with a huge complimentary breakfast and snacks and beverages available all day!

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (721)
  • Korean first
Indiana
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

My professional conference was held at the Indianapolis Convention Center. I splurged on this hotel... and it was totally worth it! From the valet parking to the restaurants and heavenly beds, it has been a very decadent experience. Just don't let yourself get worked up over the prices (of the room, parking, wifi, etc). The room is clean, comfortable, and high quality. The views are impressive of the city. The staff were impressively upbeat and helpful. The convenient skyway to the Conference Center, mall, and restaurants was a great way to avoid the rainy weather and still get out.
This is the top knotch place to stay in Indy!

• Stayed April 2012
New Jersey
Reviewed April 28, 2012

A great hotel in a small city. The JW does it all very well. Even at breakfast, when the waiter forgot to enter my breakfast, they did the right thing, took responsibility, gave it to me for free and offerred another free breakfast for the next day. The rooms are bright, large and clean, easy to work in your room, the health club is first rate and the staff is friendly and helpful. Strongly recommend staying at this property if you visit Indy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the baseball Stadium
Minneapolis
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I can't tell you how pleased I was with this hotel. I stayed here for 3 days for a conference. Everything was fantastic - the room was spacious, spotless, and comfortable. And talk about a view! The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. It's a huge hotel but you get treated like a smaller, boutique hotel. I loved the interior design, it was just done well start to finish. If you're planning a conference in Indianapolis for a large group of people, have it here! Our conference had over 500 attendees and there was always plenty of food (delicious food at that!) and helpful staff. I really didn't want to leave - and that doesn't happen very often when traveling for business. Well done!

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor so you can enjoy the view.
new york
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is my 9th year being a Marriott rewards memeber and I have used and gain points over time, but this is the FRIST time that I can care less about the points and say I should have stayed at the CONRAD or WESTIN which I am a memeber there as well.

The Good:
The Hotel is very clean and the rooms are as well.
Both restaurants and the bar areas are great.
The Location great.
For the money it seems to be great as I was there for Business.

Now mind you there are only two reasons why I would every write a review. One of which is that the Service, Food, Stay and Location was forever ETCHED in my Heart.
The other would be, one or two out of the four above are forever ETCHED as a Pain in BUTT.

I usually travel late at night or earlly in the morning being that moving thru airports and a getting car service is smooth and whenever I arrive at my place of destination I'll have a drink a bite to eat and check in.

I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO CHECK INTO MY ROOM AFTER 2 OR 3 AM IN THE MORNING AND NOT BE CHARGED FOR THE DAY BEFORE BECAUSE THE HOTEL IS ALREADY IN THE NEXT DAY CYCLE.

I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I SPEND ABOUT 30 DAYS A YEAR IN A HOTEL!!!!!

AS WELL AS IF I AM SITTING IN THE LOBBY AND I SEE GUEST CHECKING OUT AT THAT TIME IN THE MORNING THAT MEANS THE HOTEL HAS ROOMS THAT ARE NOT OCCUPIED WITH A GUEST.

I live in the tri-state area so I know service and when I'm not getting service and this JW MARRIOTT...FAILED date 4/19/2012...manager so he says Brent...Night Security, a guy who didn't ask if I was a guest but walks up and says" we need to clean in this area"...huh?...No one know corprates phone number Brent included, the front dest young lady was very quit but she knew I was up set; there was another guy there that slips my mind.

But all Brent and company kept saying to me was CHECKIN IS AT 3PM AND EVERY HOTEL IS BOOKED BECAUSE OF THE FDIC!.

WELL EVERYONE WAS NOT BOOKED BECAUSE THE RESIDENCE INN MARRIOTT HAD ROOMS (NOTICE THE S AT THE END)

Now on to the food. Which I really can't say to much about except that it was ok because nothing stood out at the hotel. I guess I can say it was hotel food.

FINAL THOUGHTS...I DO NOT EXPECT A RESPONCE BACK, REALLY DONT WANT ONE BUT I DO HAVE TO GO BACK TO THIS HOTEL NEXT YEAR FOR OUR LAST RUN IN THE CIRCUIT OF CITIES.

THIS HOTEL WAS BUILT SOLELY ON THE SUPERBOWL THAT WAS HELD THERE THIS YEAR IN HOPES THAT THEY WILL COME.
THE CITY IS NOT A BIG CITY AND IT IS TRING TO FIND ITS IDENTITY AND I HOPE SO BECAUSE THE MARRIOTT BRAND INVESTED A LOT IN THIS PROPERTY.

NOW IT ALL COMES DOWN TO LUCK!...'THE QB THAT IS TO KEEP THIS CITY GOING"

By the way this is one of the CLEANEST cities I have ever been to next to Omaha NB and the airport is NICE.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Scott B, General Manager at JW Marriott Indianapolis, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent post regarding you stay at our hotel. My name is Scott Blalock and I am the GM of the hotel. I really apprecaite the nice comments about the hotel and Indianapolis.

I'm sorry we were not able to check you in at 3am because we were sold out. I would like to hear more about your experience since it sounds like there were some other things we can improve on. My number is 317-860-4911 if you would please give me a call.

Scott Blalock
Scott.blalock@marriott.com
Pittsburgh
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I read everyones comments about staying on an upper level (23rd floor) overlooking the downtown area and was glad I took their advise. The Exec Lounge on the 31st floor was an added bonus while staying there the entire week of FDIC. The staff was great and will book the same place next year. The dry rub wings at High Velocity were great.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floors with downtown view
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was by far one of the best rooms I have been in. I had a great view from the 21st floor corner. The staff was more than accomodating. The breakfast buffet was excellent. Lots of choices. It was priced accordingly. I would stay here every year for my convention.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a great view. Mine overlooked the minor league baseball field.