“They live the term 'quality'”

JW Marriott Indianapolis
Ranked #7 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dayton, Ohio
“They live the term 'quality'”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had the opportunity to attend a Indianapolis Colts Football Game (daughter is a cheerleader) and stayed overnite at the JW Marriott. It was an outstandstanding experience. Not only did the room have a great view but the room was amazing clean and comfortable. If JW Marriott, has a mission statement or core values, the employees live it...you feel the special treatment as soon as you get out of your car and it continues through the desk and into the restaurants. Because of the game ending late, we showed up for dinner late but the staff did not hesitate to serve us and with a smile. The atmosphere and the park setting that this hotel is in, makes it more attractive. Then with the fact that it is attached to the convention center which is right across the street from the football field makes it even more convenient for the inside walk to the stadium.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (717)
  • Korean first
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed at the JW this past weekend. Stayed on the 19th floor. We had a great view overlooking the city. Beds were very nice. Nice fluffy towels. Staff went out of their way to find me some bandaids also...

• Stayed September 2011
New Hampshire

Stayed for 4 nights.
Great friendly hotel with good service. Somewhat pricey, valet is $32 a day, so that adds up.

Breakfast buffet is a good value and is quick. Would recommend checking that out.

Most annoying thing is that there are no ice machines on the guest floors.... that sucks.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Beautiful hotel. We had a corner room on the 26th floor and had windows alll around. Well worth the money!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
nyc
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is a beautifully constructed new hotel with excellent staff. The room was a good size, very clean and had a nice view of the city (with a park view on the other side of the hotel).

My luggage had been lost and I had stupidly checked my phone charger in my luggage and my phone was about to die. The front desk raided their stash of chargers and when they couldn't find a match, the offer to have another Marriott in town bring over a charger for me.

I didn't venture anywhere for dinner and just ordered room service. It was "okay". I did head down the the restaurant for breakfast and there was an impressive breakfast buffet with all the usuals, plus waffles and omelettes. It was on the expensive side, but the food was surprisingly good!

I had some time to kill before leaving Indianapolis and the concierge desk was very helpful at offering ideas and directions to things to do in the area.

I would recommend this hotel for sure!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I stayed at the J W Marriott in Indianapolis for a convention July 7-9 2011 and had a great stay. From the time I pulled up from my 8 hour drive from Atlanta, GA. The service was outstanding. The room had a great view and the staff was very helpful. If I had a question someone was always there to help me. The convention center, Stadium and parking lot were right there. The late night snacks and drinks at the bar were on point. The gym had a nice view and was “state of the art”. The bed was so comfortable I would have never left it. I couldn’t use the pool because it was closing by the time I got there 12:00am.LOL..The only things I didn’t like is that you have to go downstairs to get ice. There are no ice makers on the floors and you get charged for Wi-Fi otherwise, I loved it. I wish I could stay here for the Super Bowl.

Room Tip: Get a high floor!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Indianapolis
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I got engaged at The J.W. Marriott this past weekend. Everything was so nice. The arrangements between my finacee and the hotel were done exactly as asked. We were acknowledged by the staff throughout our stay and made to feel like royalty. I couldn't have asked for a better proposal site. We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is really nice. We had a room that overlooked Victory Field and Lucas Oil Stadium to our south and the zoo and IMAX to the west. The restaurant is pretty good too:) The location of this hotel is superb. I definitely give it the 5 star rating! We look forward to another stay in the future. This hotel does not have a spa, but it does have two massage rooms. I didn't enjoy my massage as much as I could have because the radio was broken, so we had to listen to kids screaming in the pool area and people talking in the hall during our massage . The massage itself was nice though.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple