“It's OK” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #94 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Niles, Michigan
“It's OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in a 2 room king suite for a conference at the Marriott a couple of doors down (Marriott was full). Asked for a high floor, quiet area and received 2nd floor handicapped access room right by the elevator. A herd of elephants spent 30 minutes tromping around above me around 9:30. The stay was OK after that, room was clean and most everything worked (one exception was the living room thermostat-had to disobey the posted rules & control via the unit as wall thermostat was broken). Internet was free but comparable speeds to my AOL dialup from 15 years ago. I gave up and used my cell phone hotspot. I would likely choose another place the next time I'm in the area as I just wasn't that impressed. There really isn't much in the area other than a few hotels and fast food restaurants.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Schonda B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel.

I'm truly sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay at our hotel. We do seek to accommodate our guests to the best of our ability. I apologize that this did not happen in your case.

I do hope that your experience with us did not skew your view of Candlewood overall; they are great hotels.

If you decide to try us again in the future please contact me directly and I will assist you with your reservation.

Thank you again for your review.

Best wishes for a fantastic summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chilliwack, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

For families and budget conscious travelers. Staff was friendly and helpful. The units are set up so you can cook your self with a small stove and fridge. Offers free DVD's to use. Has a small store for snack supplies. Has two propane barbeques which are free to use. Pet friendly. Has a workout room. Restaurant are close but take a vehicle.. Shares a parking lot with another hotel. Some of their customers seemed questionable. Next to the freeway for access. Seemed safe but the locals say not to walk around the streets at night. If you want a drink, the liquor store is a couple of blocks away or walk half a block to the Merriott which has a lovely bar and restaurant with friendly staff.

Room Tip: Less noise on the back side.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeffrey M
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for reviewing our hotel and for listing our many amenities.

We hope to have you with us again in the future.

Best wishes for a wonderful summer.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights and found it a refreshing experience.

The hotel is within walking distance (5-10 minutes) to a few restaurants and even adjacent to some fast food outlets.

The room was well presented that also included a microwave and DVD player. A packet of microwave popcorn was ready to go in the microwave. The hotel had a free gymnasium and free laundry facilities. These facilities were in excellent condition.

Adjacent reception was a small room which provided a vast range of groceries and foods that can be purchased 24/7. Great for someone who checks in late and in need of a snack. The foods included frozen microwaveable products.

All the staff were very pleasant and abliging. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Travelheaps2209
Schonda B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review of our hotel.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It seems that overall your experience was a pleasant one. Our goal is to provide outstanding service.

If you visit the Indianapolis area again please contact us to assist with your reservations, we would love to have you stay with us again.

I hope you have a fantastic summer!

Rabat, Morocco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Indianapolis East recently when visiting his grandparents. The suites themselves are clean, spacious and very well appointed with appliances and plenty of utensils, and the staff is friendly, professional and very attentive. They recommended a great diner nearby (Four Seasons), and when my husband had the world's worst brain-fart and forgot his travel wallet with cash and credit cards, the staff found it right away and over-nighted it to us. It arrived the next day, cash and cards intact. This is a great hotel, a very good deal, with excellent staff. We will never stay at another hotel when visiting Indianapolis!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank EHC1
Dear EHC1,

Thank you for taking the time to post that kind review. It was our pleasure to assist you. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay.

I can't imagine what that situation must have felt like. We were willing to do anything that we could to help. I'm glad everything turned out fine.

We would love to have you with us again. Let us know if we can help with reservations.

I hope you have an amazing summer.

Best wishes,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I am in Indianapolis once a year from Florida, and absolutely loved the experience we had with Candlewood Indianapolis East The rooms were clean, price was great, staff was friendly. We will never stay anywhere else while in Indianapolis

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank denita1
Schonda B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Oh my...thank you so much for that wonderful review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love the feedback. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to having you with us for many years to come.

I hope the rest of your 2014 is amazing.

san francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I'm on the road 4 months out of the year and unfortunately not all Candlewoods are created equally. This one was an exception with a large lobby and bigger 1 bedroom than most.
Great comfortable bed and linens. Got a wonderful welcome on a sunday nite by Tree (short for Teresa) - that makes a big difference after a long day of driving. Thanks.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank sfwon
Schonda B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We are so glad that you enjoyed our hotel and your stay. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Best wishes for great travels in 2014.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed here a week in July of 2014 on a family visit. We are back again to visit with my wife's mom and the grandkids. This hotel is easy to get to, just off 465. Its close to business industrial Park 100. Every thing you need is close by, restaurants, shopping, movies and fuel. What more do you need. We are here to see family. The candlewood doesn't do breakfast, they have a snack shop with stuff that works on the honor system. The suit is ok for two, with full size refer, micro wave, sink and two burner stove, flat screen and internet. Indoor pool that is heated. The Staff is friendly and seemed genuinely glad to have us back for another week. Overall a great place to crash for a week.

Room Tip: We like the ground floor. Mid hall away from elevators and lobby. But not to far from exits.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank J P
Dear Guest,
We are so glad that you continue to enjoying staying at Candlewood Suites. Thank you for your kind words in your review. We do hope to have the pleasure of having your family with us again in the future.