“Try the cinnamon toast”

Ranked #3 of 2,417 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We've been eating brunch at the original Patachou on 49th and Pennsylvania since the mid-80s and it's going as strong as ever. Delicious omelets and the cinnamon toast is mouth-watering. The people watching is pretty good on the weekend, too.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was in Indianapolis for a convention, and I wanted to escape from eating inside the Convention Center. Cafe Patachou was very close from the Convention Center, yet I was able to feel relaxed and refreshed. I ordered a soup and half sandwich combo. The 1/2 Sandwich was big enough and the meal was very satisfying. The service was good too. If I am in the area again, I will visit this cafe again.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I took my niece out to lunch and she suggested Cafe Patachou. I had never been there. I'm kind of a meat and potatoes type of person so I was hoping the food would be "substantial"... whatever that is. Anyway, I had "The Omelette You Can't Refuse" (literally meat and potatoes!). It was delicious, as was the cinnamon toast. The greeter was so nice.... remarkably so and our server was very friendly and very good.
Overall a wonderful first experience here. I will go back.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I have been here twice. Love the coffee setup where you can pick whatever brew you like. Also, the decor is really nice and very open/welcoming. The food is also sourced locally which is really great. But the kitchen needs help. The food is lacking flavor. The first time we went, I had one of the breakfast sandwiches and remember it lacking flavor and the bread was stale. Thought this was a one off so we came back again and I got the omelet with brie and (ribs I think) and it was so lacking in flavor. Didn't even taste the brie. Wouldn't mind so much if I wasn't paying so much for a breakfast dish.

So I then decided to write the owner about this issue (because we like this spot) and I never heard anything back. Not sure they really care about my opinion; probably won't go back for this reason. Bummer.

2  Thank Neil M
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I've been to Cafe Patachou several times and have never been disappointed. It's a popular spot for breakfast and brunch so the wait can be long. The omelets are all amazing and come with a side of fruit salad. The fruit salad (apples, berries, pineapple, oranges, grapes) is delicious and does not contain melons which are used often at other places because it's cheap. If you like cinnamon toast, I recommend ordering it here. The coffee is good too.