“Now on my regular schedule”
Review of Zest! Exciting Food Creations - CLOSED

Zest! Exciting Food Creations
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: This place was great! Right near the Monon trail in Indianapolis. Dogs are allowed to sit outside on the patio while you eat! They brought water for our dogs (with ice in it) in a dog bowl with our drink order. Extremely friendly wait staff, great art inside, wonderful food! Breakfast was delicious my girlfriend had crem brulee french toast...wow amazing! I had a salad that was to die for! I hope you are able to add this great find in Indy/Broad Ripple!
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I love great lunch places where you can get a good meal and meet with friends or do an informal business meet. Zest is great for that and has become a regular on my schedule. The selection is very good for lunch - traditional meat loaf and mac & cheese, to more elegant and lighter fare.

I'm a big fan of the chicken chipotle soup with avocado and lime, and the baja tacos - corn meal crusted rather than a batter. I also love their BLT and their deli salads. Regardless of your main, the sides also are varied and tasty - edamame succotash, chipotle slaw, pommes frites.

And if that weren't enough, you can get their breakfast menu until 5 PM - omelettes, a great breakfast panini, their famous creme brulee French toast and the best biscuits and sausage gravy I've found yet in Indy. Their fruit is always fresh and flavorful and the coffee has a real kick.

I've done dinner a few times and found the selections to be very good - and always specials from the chef. It's a very different menu - including lots of creative cocktails, wine and craft beers, but also dinner portions of some of the popular lunch dishes. Whether for appetizers or a full spread, I've never been disappointed.

I highly recommend Zest! and even trust it a group of close friends who meet there every month. Parking can be a challenge some days, but worth your patience. I always get a great meal at a reasonable price and leave happy!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

For a breakfast place, the options were endless! The whole lunch menu as well as dinner appetizers were all available to us. We had to wait, but it was not too long because we had called in our name on our way there, and they had complimentary coffee in ceramic mugs available during the wait.

The food is good, locally-sourced stuff. I ended up going to their lunch menu for slow-cooked shredded beef, a very flavorful creation with a bechamel-like sauce to match. Their sides are also numerous, I opted for the edamame succotash. My wife ordered the breakfast panini sandwich. I tasted her local bacon - from Smoking Goose - excellent.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

There's not many parking spaces but its worth the hassle to have the Creme Brulee French Toast! I love this restaurant! I have to come back to try dinner....

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This place really isn't near anything. We were there at 8 on a Saturday night and it was nearly empty. Our server was friendly and moderately attentive. We had the mac-n-cheese which was actually very good. The fish tacos were good but seemingly lacking a little extra flavor. The chicken and waffles left much to be desired. The fries were soggy and cold. The prices were exceptionally high for the area and the quality of the food. The restaurant was kind of dirty, too. We will not return.

2  Thank JackJennPetefish
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have an informal group that gets together quarterly and tries a new restaurant. We've been doing this for almost 15 years...so we've been to many great restaurants in Indy. Our recent experience at Zest was one of the best meals we've experienced. Everyone was happy with the food, the atmospere, and the value. I would highly recommend Zest (and the Mexican Hot Chocolate)!