“Impeccable Service, Conveniently Located” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Studio 2000 Salon & Day Spa

Studio 2000 Salon & Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Studio 2000 Salon & Day Spa is located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis on Monument Circle. Founded in 1989, we are a full service hospitality destination offering Salon services: hair cutting, color, high lights, smoothing, formal event hair, Spa services: massage, manicure + pedicure, facials, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, body wraps, waxing, gift certificates, wedding parties and special events. Studio 2000 is open 7 days a week just steps from all downtown hotels.
Bloomington, Indiana
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Impeccable Service, Conveniently Located”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Set in a historic Art Deco building in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, Studio 2000 has never disappointed. Whether you need hair, make-up, nail or spa services, the professional staff delivers every time. The studio also offers a wide range of products. They have even shipped products to be when I was traveling and couldn't get into the studio before I left town. Follow the studio in Facebook and receive special offers and discounts, including invitations to client receptions and holiday parties.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Jennifer M

Atlanta, GA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very nice staff in a very cool building”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I enjoyed a massage and manicure at this spa recently. This space is stunning - original 1920's art deco. This spa may not make the Conte Nast list, but, it is very nice. It's a great respite for a weary business traveler.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank ATL_GIRL_06
Carmel, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic find in downtown Indy.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

After researching several spas in the Indy-Carmel area, my husband and I decided to go downtown to Studio 2000 for massages on our 10th anniversary, We had hot stone massages and they were fantastic! Probably the best massage I've had in years. I won't go anywhere else now. In addition, the spa is original Art Deco floors and walls, beautifully decorated. The waiting room is called the relaxation room with chairs that recline, low lights and quiet soft music. I was relaxed before I even went into my massage room. It was stocked with drinking water and fresh fruit, which we took advantage of afterwards as we decompressed. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and nice to us from the check in to offering to recommend restaurants for lunch afterwards. They're right on Monument Circle so we had an afternoon adventure in downtown Indy. I highly recommend Studio 2000. They weren't the most expensive place either, but offered a much better experience than more expensive spas in Indy and Carmel.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Carmel P
Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

So I went to Studio 2000 to try out the one of the Fall Specials. It was a full body treatment using a natural pumpkin body wrap and an exfoliating scrub. It was a great experience, so relaxing after a long day, and I really enjoyed the warm, savory smells during the treatment. I would highly recommend the treatment to anybody. I wasn't sure what to expect since I've never had a service like this before, and Zona totally put me at ease. This is not my first experience with Studio 2000, they always deliver great customer service and are always fun and friendly. It's a pleasant environment for people who are in need of some serious pampering! Can't wait to book another one!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Lulu_jones
Cincinnati, Ohio
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“It's hard to be a Day Spa AND a salon. I would skip this place.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have high standards for Spas. I like to have nice robe, a quiet environment and a relaxing experience that makes me feel like I'm the only one at the spa.

I was treated to a pedicure and a deep tissue massage.

1) I waited 30 minutes for my service to start.
- I was never offered a beverage
- The noise from the salon was pretty loud in their "relaxation room"
- The massuese was 15 minutes late to my appointment and was frassled when getting me to the room.
- I never got a robe, locker or even water during my wait.
2) The massage was rushed and it wasn't a deep tissue massage.
- My hour long massage was actually only 45 minutes
- She seemed to forget what type of massage she was giving me during the massage
- She went so fast that it was almost stressful
- Not the softest hands in the world either...soft touch, rough hands
- The lights kept flickering
- She used peppermint oil on my upper body. I feel like I smelled like foot cream all day.
3) After my 45 minute massage (booked a 1 hour) I was finally offered water and taken for my pedicure
- They only have a few good polishes on the shelf
- They didn't offer any reading material or conversation
- I know they didn't sanitize one of the large square files...
- They didn't scrub for long or very hard
- The polish is already (day 2) chipping

The did give me half off of the massage due to the shortened time, but I still wouldn't recommend this day spa for anyone.

The location is fantastic and the old art deco tiles are just stunning, but the spa isn't worth it.

I felt bad that my husband did as much research as he did to find this place and they failed to deliver their best spa of 2012 services. I'm just glad he wasn't charged full price.

Visited September 2012