“Best Game Ever”
Review of Lucas Oil Stadium

Lucas Oil Stadium
Ranked #5 of 176 things to do in Indianapolis
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Just went to the playoff game - Colts vs Chiefs! Awesome stadium - great fans - a must if you're a fan!

1  Thank Oop73
Write a ReviewReviews (1,338)

Reviewed January 4, 2014

When I first walked into the stadium I was floored. If you haven't been here, I highly recommend seeing it. I'm not sure there is a bad seat in the house! Amazing!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Lucas Oil Stadium is a great stadium for the fans. The seats are comfortable, the atmosphere is fun and there are a TON of giveaways! The prices at the concessions are reasonable by stadium pricing. The feel is key at Lucas Oil Stadium, as many newer stadiums can feel stale, however, at Lucas Oil, you feel right in the game and with some of the neat displays around the building, it gives everybody a little something different to look at. Located in downtown Indy, Lucas Oil Stadium is an ideal NFL experience. The indoor stadium provides comfortable confines for everyone. There is plenty of parking nearby to provide for the tailgating experience. I have now been to seven NFL buildings for games and I would put Lucas Oil Stadium on top of the overall fan experience. I think if you are a fan of the NFL, Lucas Oil Stadium is one stadium that you have to go see your team whenever they are in Indianapolis!

1  Thank tdsuperstar
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The stadium, of course, is beautiful, with wide concourses, plenty of concessions, and generally friendly staff. Parking, however, is at a major premium so be prepared to walk. There are several side lots around it ($20 to $30), but if you park near the post office that’s right next to the stadium, you will not be allowed to walk through its parking lot. Also, no purses, camera bags, or binocular cases are allowed. You can carry in your camera or binoculars; they just can’t be in a bag. Also, security wands everyone with a metal detector before they enter.

After having been in the third tier (and beyond) at Lucas Oil Stadium (good seats all), we had a chance to sit in Club Level seats. Our seats were in Section 112. While still very close together, the seats have padded bottoms and cup holders – pretty comfortable – and the view IS great. There’s supposed to be more room between the rows but it’s still pretty tight.

You access the club level seats through the Baker and Daniels Club lounge on the East side or the Advantage Club lounge on the west. I don’t know if you can access them another way – our seats were on the East side so we went through the Baker/Daniels Club to them. Also, the clubs aren’t interchangeable. Depending on where your seats are, you’ll have access to one or the other club, not both. For example, our friends with Club Level seats on the other side of the stadium weren’t allowed into the Baker/Daniels Club.

The Club Lounges are supposedly a big selling point for the club seats, but although I had a fantastic time, I was kinda underwhelmed. They’re basically just huge rooms, with tables, some nice seating areas, and “private” concessions and bathrooms for club seat ticket holders. Problem is that your “private” area is shared with everyone else that has a club seat, so lines can be every bit as long at the bathrooms and concessions. You almost couldn’t walk through there during half time. You probably can go out to the main concourses as long as you had your ticket stub (didn't try that though), but then you're paying alot of money for an "amenity" you're not using. It does have some higher end food choices (prime rib sandwiches or pasta were available when we went) which were very good. We got there an hour and ½ before the game and were fortunate to find a table on the smaller second floor (up the escalators) - there were no tables open on the first floor. Also, after the game is over and you leave the club area, there is no re-entry.

Don’t get me wrong, if given the chance, I’d buy the tickets again in a heartbeat because I love the stadium and I’m a Colts fan, but at roughly $290 a ticket, you’ll get a great view but be forewarned that the experience might not be as “exclusive” or as posh as you would expect at that price.

14  Thank 1108cor
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Wow, great stadium! Comfortable inside even though it was cold outside. Wide concourses and plenty of concessions available.