“Nice girls night”

Cuisines: Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Description: Tastings is a one-of-a-kind wine bar offering new levels of experience to everyone from the novice to the sommelier. With over 200 wines in stock, Tastings boasts one of the largest selections in the world for wines-by-the-taste and the largest selection in Indianapolis for wines-by-the-glass. The entire selection is available by the 2 ounce taste, glass and by the bottle. Tastings offers a bistro & tapas style menu with a large selection of cheese and charcuterie plates, flatbread pizzas, crostinis, salads, sandwiches and desserts. We also maintain a full bar with premium spirits and beer. Our entire wine selection is available for carry-out at retail pricing or can be enjoyed on premise. Tastings is also one of the best places in the city to people watch on one of our two outdoor patios.
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My BFF and I recently went mid week to check out this place. It was very nice, calm and peaceful. We were not pressured to get the 'wine card' ( a card you put money on to get 2oz of wine samples), we did try 2 sample shots at around 2.50 each before getting full glasses of them. We went on a Tuesday and it was 1/2 price glasses, not sure if that was a regular thing or if it was just because they had a special event before we went in.. If you plan on going I would eat some where else the food is good, but very very small and pricy. We had a antipasto pizza 12$ and it was about 12inchs diameter, it was very good but not a meal. We also went a ahead and split a dessert, 9$ for something half the size of a twinky with just about the same taste. Huge let down on that part. Staff was ok, our waitress was busy on the computer and we kept having to flag down other people including the manager for help. We will go back, just not eat there. nice change to the downtown scene.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I loved this wine bar! There are so many choices to choose from. You can prepaid on a card and sample different wines from a machine or you can buy wine by the glass or bottle. The night we happened to be there was 1/2 glass of wine.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you havnt been you need to go at least once. Its located in the Conrad hotel. I have been there twice and enjoyed myself both times. They have a great selection of wines from across the world. Of course you get to sample as many as you want. I found that a fun thing to do if nothing else. Cheese plates are excellent !!! Charming easy going place. Great place to spend a couple or hours. If you dont like wine this is the WRONG place for you.Enjoy !!!!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This place was pretty cool, different, and I love the concept of a self serve wine bar, especially if you are a pro with wine. We, however, are not. We are wine wimps and stuck to all the chilled stuff. Great gift for couples though, good date night idea. We had a gift card that was a wedding present. Its a nice thing to do once in a blue moon, but not all the time. Definitly the perfect gift if you have a friend who loves wine.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stopped here on a Sunday night and it was overall a good time. They had a woman singing jazz who was awesome and helped the mood of the night. The wine is a little pricey to me but I realize it is next to the Conrad and I am not a wine expert. You can find a few fines for around $3 for 2 oz but most are in the $4-8 range for the 2 oz. It was neat to go the one time but I am not sure I would go back. The wines they serve are not in my normal price range I buy of aroun $10-$15 and are more in the $30-$40 range. Again it is fun to go to one time but nothing special. I would recommend a visit though.