“Indianapolis, Great City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown

You added Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   601 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Forestville, Wisconsin
“Indianapolis, Great City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I recently stayed at the Courtyard in Indianapolis and the hotel and staff where outstanding. Everytime I walked into the front door, the front desk staff was courteous and welcomed me as if it where my first day. I stayed for 4 night and the room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. Nice large room with a living room area. I enjoyed my stay so much, I plan to bring the family to stay and see the sights of Indianapolis. Within walking distance of everything the downtown area has to offer. Thanks for your hospitality.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the city is never a bad choice.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank JeremyPasz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Nice location and view of the museums and river walk. Several concerts going on in the park when we were there so quite lively. Walking distance to restaurants. Nice size room and pleasant decoration.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I was with my mother at the entrance and no one helped us with our luggage. My mother is ill with pulmonary hypertension and had to help. Hey that's inconceivable

At check in we were billed wrong.
Tks God everything was solve at the end.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
CYSHSIndy, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Our location does not have a bell staff and I am so sorry that we were not able to assist your Mother during her stay with us. We thank you for your feedback.
Bloomington, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Spent a night at this hotel in June 2014. The elevators are extremely noisy. If you plan to stay here, I would request a room as far away from the elevators as possible. We were 4 rooms away and we would hear a loud bang every time the elevator stopped at any floor. It woke us up early on a Sunday, not the relaxing night's stay we had hoped for. The manager apologized but was rather apathetic about the whole situation.

The front desk staff was also rude. We asked if the hotel restaurants were often busy on Saturday nights, to which the man at the front desk assured us that he was not a mind reader and had no way of knowing. Apparently being informed on the hotel or being polite to guests is not in his job description.

I would recommend taking your money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel or ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Drew G
CYSHSIndy, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Drew, I am sorry to hear that your stay was disrupted in any way. I will review the information that you have provided with our front desk staff so that we can better attend to are guests’ questions about the local area. We hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future and appreciate your feedback.
Fort Myers
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My room was very spacious with a wonderful view of the riverwalk. The bathroom, while well appointed, only had one small sink and not much room for your stuff. I thought the beds were very hard as were the pillows. The air conditioning worked well and kept the room quite cool. The in-room desk had a pull out table which is quite nice as when you don't want to use it, it tucks away for more space. There is no free breakfast or newspapers but the internet was free. The parking is very expensive. Overnight self parking is $23 and valet is $27. This hotel is next door to a TGI Fridays, which has just recently, done away with happy hour. The hotel has a small bar and restaurant, but I did not try it. If you are going to the stadiums or museum or Imax, this is convenient. However, for other restaurant options or entertainment you must walk quite a ways.
The staff was friendly and helpful and I like that you must use your room key to activate the elevator. There are three hotels right on this corner, JW Marriott, Springfield Suites and this Courtyard.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We got a king room through Priceline. Paid $100 each night (2 nts)...very happy overall. The room was nice - faced the Lucas stadium. Right across the street was the riverwalk/park. Very clean, and well kept. Impressed with all of the young people and sports going on. The hotel is within walking distance of all downtown restaurants/bars. We really enjoyed the patio at the attached JW Marriott...great people watching - the servers/bartenders all young people, with a nice outlook. One warning on location - homeless and beggars on every street...just be prepared. Though we felt very safe walking - we were approached many times for money.

Room Tip: we were on the 11th floor - nice view of the baseball stadium
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We spent the weekend at this hotel during the Indy 500 weekend. It sits on a block that contains other Marriott properties, and we ended spending more time at those, than our own. The reason mostly was that the bar / cafe Bistro on property seemed to have limited hours and was not open during the times when folks were looking for a sandwich, an appetizer or a drink. With the hotel full for the race, you would think that they would be more accommodating. So we instead went to TGI Fridays in the property next door. If they are owned by the same folks, then they probably did not care.

The other issue I had with the hotel was the quality of the mattress. It felt old and tired, sagging in the middle. I guess I have been spoiled by the nice quality mattresses I find at the Hampton and Holiday Inn hotels. Hopefully, management will soon recognize that it is time to upgrade.

The rest of the hotel was fine. The rooms were large and comfortable. The staff was friendly. the gym was good. Computer access was decent.

Room Tip: If the mattress issue I had is the norm throughout the hotel, I would choose another property.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
CYSHSIndy, Manager at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I hope you enjoyed the 500 during your stay with us. I am sorry that the hours of operation for the Bistro did not meet your needs as well as the firmness of the mattress. I am glad to hear you were able to utilize the TGI Fridays on the Marriott Complex to enjoy some food and beverage. We thank you for your feedback.