“Couldn't ask for a better place downtown Indy!!”

Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #57 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I am probably the most picky person in the entire world when it comes to hotels. I have a very high standard when it comes to staying at places. With that being said, Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown gets an A- from me.

My brother, sister in law, niece, son, mom and myself decided to take stay in Indianapolis for the weekend (Feb 23-24). I searched and researched every hotel in a 20 mile radius and after calling and finding one who acccepted my State of indiana employee discount I booked a 2 rooms. $91 per night for a King size room was reasonable enough for me.

Pro(s): The cleanliness of this hotel was almost shocking. I mean I looked in window seals for dirt, under lamp shades, EVERYWHERE! I was very impressed. The room size was nice although the placement of the bed was a little strange but nothing that can't be overlooked. The lobby area is beautiful and the front desk staff was extremely friendly. (They even cleaned too!) They kept the front desk area very tidy and I even saw them dusting the shelves and photos that were visible to visitors. The pool area (although small, and the water is cold) was really nice and stayed open until 11pm.

Con(s): Parking! $23 a day to park yourself in a garage that is terribly confusing. The parking garage ended up being so cowded that I ended up having to use valet (they still only charges $23 as oppsed to $27 for valet). The walls are paper thin. You can hear an ant pass gas. The smell in the hallway (smells like a hotel) Not smoke or anything just like weird stale smell. You have to go outside to get the the TGI Fridays restaurant that is hooked to the hotel (which isn't convenient with a 5 yr old and 4 yr old to be walking outside with no coat on in February. We chose to go through parking garage (which was still outside but a tad bit warmer).

OH! Lest I forget, checkout. Checkout went smooth, however getting my truck from valet (not so much). I handed my Valet slip to the runner and waited. 10 minutes rolled by. No vehicle.. My brother who'd given his slip to the runner a few minutes after I did retrieved his car and was at the gas station waiting and I was still waiting onmy truck to be pulled around. I finally ask the runner about it and guess what? He had never even taken my keys to get my truck so I had to wait ANOTHER 7-10 minutes.

All in all it was a great sty and I definitly will be returning. The hiccup with valet and TGI Friday won't damper how awesome the hotel itself really is. I will be back soon Courtyard Marriott! Thank you for a wonderful experience and stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Marr601, Director of Sales at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for your comments. It is always our goal to ensure that each guest has an excellent experience. Guest feedback is so important to our success and bettering our team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay.

Ms. Angela Buran

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We took a 4 day trip to visit downtown and to catch a couple Indians games. The location was perfect and the the room was very clean. This is my favorite hotel in Indy. The only thing i didnt like was the parking so we saved money and parked across the street for a third of the price. I look forward to staying again in the near future. The skywalk was nice because we were able grab lunch at the mall and not get rained on.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Marr601, Director of Sales at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed for four nights at this Marriott and was very impressed. The whole facility was very clean, welcoming and relaxing. The decor in the rooms was a relaxing fall theme and the lobby is made for travelers with multiple private booths for TV viewing- great at breakfast- at lots of spaces to just sit and relax.

The location of the hotel is ideal for IUPUI and the convention center, also the Pan-American skating plaza. The JW Marriott and the Springhill Suites are connected as is the other downtown Marriott courtyard. You can get to all these places through various walkways. You have easy access to the facilities at the JW as well including the Starbucks, Fed Ex copy center, and the restaurants and bars. If you need food nearby, there is a Fridays attached to the Courtyard and the Bistro in the lobby has great food for a decent price.

The workout facility is very nice and has personal TV's on each cardio machine. Freeweights, matts and a pool are also included. The SpringHill Suites also has access to this facility.

The elevators require a key to access but I waited 2 minutes tops for an elevator the whole time I was staying which was impressive for a 15 floor hotel. The only downside is that the Bistro is only open for breakfast (6-9:30) and then dinner so if you're caught there during lunch, you need to utilize the Fridays or another option.

The staff here was very friendly and helpful, the beds were comfortable, and the whole experience went above and beyond the majority of other Marriotts I have stayed in. I would highly recommend this location and will be back for sure.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peekie45
Marr601, Director of Sales at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

I wanted to thank you for posting such a glowing review of your recent stay with us at the Courtyard. Everything mentioned in your post is a key to our success and I love to see those assets shine through. Our goal is to have every guest leave as satisfied with their stay as you did!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I've stayed more than 600 nights in Marriotts so I've seen the best and the worst. This courtyard was a pleasant surprise. It is fairly new (opened in 2010) and is in a great location close to the Indianapolis Convention Center, Museums and the Capitol. Even better surprise was the price. This hotel was 20% less than others in the area and is easily as nice as the Hyatt or full service Marriott. Highly recommend.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Daniel G
Marr601, Director of Sales at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Besides being pretty well localized, it is only 2 years old.
The rooms are most likely any othwr Courtyard, but age makes a huge difference and this one is new.
The connection with the Convention Center and also with Circle Centre Mall through what they call SkyWalk keeps you safe from the freezing temperatures Indy could offer you.
Have fun!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank PPauloHM
Marr601, Director of Sales at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I recently stayed in the Marriott multi hotel complex in Indianapolis. This commodes houses the JW Marriott, the Courtyard Marriott, the Spring Hill Suites and the Fairfield Inn. I chose the courtyard for my overnight stay. It is litter lay a block away from the University and Medical Center area. I had a meeting at the university so the was great location. The whole complex relatively new because it was built for the super bowl a few years ago. There is huge parking garage which does cost $23 a night for the Courtyard guests. After winding through the various halls, I ended up in a large lobby that had all the new amenities of the Courtyard. ( new bistro, flat screed info board). The room was spacious, had all the business travelers amenities and was quite comfortable. Free wifi as well. The next morning I hustled down to the bistro to order breakfast and do some woke before my meeting. Every table and booth had ports for plugs and plenty of space to laptops. I usually stay at the Residence Inn down the street, but now that they built the complex, I will be trying each level hotel to see which I like the best. But as a business traveler, I typically lean to the Courtyard.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kimborkr

I wanted to send you a quick message to first thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel. Guest feedback is so important to our success and bettering our team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the last year on business and absolutely loved it. The hotel still seems brand new since it's well maintained and very clean. The rooms are spacious, modern and well layed out. The most important highlight of this hotel is the service: always warm, attentive and excellent. The staff at the hotel should be commended for their level of service which is the reason I alway stay at this hotel. I've stayed at many 5 star hotels and the service at this hotel outshines some of those more expensive establishments. Although I haven't been able to take advantage of their location since I'm always traveling for business, the hotel is very close to downtown (restaurants, shopping, museum) and the canal. When the weather is cold, there is also an indoor walkway to circle center mall downtown.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sandandwater793
Marr601, Director of Sales at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Nikki Thomas