“Great location, really enjoyed stay”

Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #48 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
West Valley City, Utah
“Great location, really enjoyed stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We selected this hotel based on good price and proximity to Lucas Oil Stadium. We got in late at night and got up to the room. It was very nice, which I have come to expect with Courtyard. On the website it said 15 minute walk to the stadium, but I really didn't think it took that long. It is a bit further of a walk to get into the main part of downtown and to the monument, but still not bad. Called to the front desk to have an warly morning cab arranged and they were very friendly and got the job done . If and when I return to Indy, I would surely consider this hotel again especially if I were coming in for a Colts game.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Riverboat5
Marr601, Director of Sales at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I wanted to thank you for posting such a glowing review of your recent stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Indianapolis. Everything mentioned in your post is a key to our success and I love to see those assets shine through. Our goal is to have every guest leave as satisfied with their stay as you did!

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Lake Forest, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times for work related events, and have been very pleased each time. This hotel is a typical Courtyard hotel with modern rooms that are kept well cleaned. I have stayed on the top (15th) floor each time, and the view is excellent. During baseball season, you could watch the game from your room! The elevator is very fast and I rarely had a wait. The location is an easy walk to anything downtown, and you can access the skyway type system that goes to other hotels and the convention center, so if the weather is bad you can avoid it a little bit if desired. Like other Courtyards, there is a Bistro restaurant that has OK food if a bit over priced. The granola and yogurt was a good deal for breakfast. The parking is expensive but very easy to get in and out of with a keycard the hotel gives you. Knowing I would stay here a few times I waited to review it, and I usually don't give five stars, but I have absolutely no complaints and the staff is great. There are plenty of computers in the business center and I have used them for printing with no problems. The internet is free although not super fast. However, it is adequate for email.

Room Tip: view is great from the 15th floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank skyeport
Marr601, Director of Sales at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Indianapolis and had a great experience with our staff and service. We appreciate your business and the great review and look forward to welcoming you back.

Boiling Springs, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very good location in the downtown Indy area. Not quite in the middle of everything (area around the war soldier monument), but it's only about 5 or so blocks away. If you're in town for a baseball game at Victory Field, or for a Colts football game, this is a terrific location. Both stadiums are adjacent to this hotel.

Decor is very modern. Check-in and valet parking quick and painless. Staff is super-friendly.

Our room was on the 14th floor (#1426). No tub, but no problem. Shower was large and beautiful, with a heavy glass door. Heard weird clanking/gurgling from floor beneath throughout the entire stay...sounded like plumbing??? Outside street noise was a non-issue.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank georgiamelissa
I wanted to send you a quick message to first thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel. Guest feedback is very important to our success and bettering our team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay.

Palmyra, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Indianapolis for me to attend the Women of Faith conference. Having had surgery recently, I needed a place that would be quiet and be able to get some good rest to have enough energy to volunteer at the conference. We were very pleased with the accommodations and even though there is a stadium across the street, and a Bob Dylan concert was going on across another street, our room was very quiet.
My question is though - why do they have to have so many things lit up in the room? The clock was like a beacon and the thermostat was lit up too. I used washcloths to cover them up so the room wasn't so light!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Marr601, Director of Sales at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
I wanted to send you a quick message to first thank you for your recent stay and review of our hotel. Guest feedback is so important to our success and bettering our team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay.

Cayuga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I had no problems with my room. It was well maintained and very clean. The bed was comfortable and the linens were spotless white. I generally do not sleep well in hotels, but I did very well here. There were no surfaces that were sticky or dusty. Everything in my room worked. I felt like the housekeeping staff did an excellent job and went out of their way to make my stay a pleasant one. The front desk staff was quick and efficient. They answered any questions I had and made helpful suggestions regarding dining. They also made sure that my room was near my friend's room. That was very thoughtful. Some of my co-workers were in surrounding hotels and complained of traffic noise and hallway noise. I did not hear anything once I was inside my room except for a hairdryer in the next room.

1 Thank Misti T
Marr601, Director of Sales at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, September 10, 2012

Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

The JW Marriot was full so I ended up staying here. I was in town for a conference. Staff was outstanding! Service was great! Room was nice. No microwave but there is a fridge and coffee maker. The pool was a bit small and the water was pretty cold but it was still nice. Fitness room was nice. Great location. About .5 miles from the zoo and plenty to do in the surrounding area. I recommend this hotel to anyone.

1 Thank Jason D
Marr601, Director of Sales at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, August 28, 2012

Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Here for a conference, but hotel was in walking distance of everything! Staff was very helpful and always greeted me. Great view of Victory field out my window. Highly recommend for business or pleasure. Rooms are new and nicely appointed. Coffee available all day as is ice water if you make use of the great trails.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Victory Field.
2 Thank KimmyVH
Marr601, Director of Sales at Courtyard Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your comments. It is always our goal to ensure that each guest has an excellent experience. Guest feedback is so important to our success and bettering our team for future visitors and we really do appreciate you taking the time to offer some insight to your stay.