“Mini golf”

Post Road Recreation Center
Ranked #18 of 51 Fun & Games in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Please note we are open year around; hours vary by season. Please call us directly, or visit our website to verify correct hours! PRRC is a five acre family go kart and fun park, and now also home to The Key Haunted Escape Rooms as of June, 2016. The Key offers year around haunted escape room adventures with rooms like The Shackle Hall, The Funeral Parlor, The Seance and more. Park is open for go karts year around with one indoor and two outdoor go kart tracks, arcade and pizza shop featuring Flavor Burst ice cream.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Mini golf”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I drive by this place al of the time, and rarely see cars in the lot. I wanted to take my kids to play mini golf, and was persuaded by my wife to go there because the aerial picture looked nice and it was only $6 for unlimited play. I did not think that the view from the street appeared well-maintained. We were looking forward to unlimited play. After the third hole we decided to play through and leave. We did not care about keeping score. The carpeting was peeled back and covered with leaves and twigs. The water features were not working, and what water was around was filled with pond scum. There were weeds all around, and plants needed trimmed. The glass was broken in the lighthouse. And, although these are listed as par two holes, the slope around the hole prevent the ball from stopping any where near the hole for an easy putt-in. I do not wish the owners any ill will, only success. I think a lot of it has to do with the location in a low-income area. The go karts are a good thing, if they are running at a decent speed. The zip line is not a good investment, as it is too short to bring much enjoyment -- maybe 3 seconds worth. The interior of the building with the arcade and snack shop was dark, and therefore looked dirty. This property needs a lot of loving care and marketing to bring it to where people from outside the immediate area will feel safe enough to venture there and to go back. I may go there for the go karts, but only if it appears that they are not slow after watching for a while. I will not go there for anything else.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank phile62

Lawrence, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a cool place!!!!!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I brought my grandson here for his 8th birthday, along with about ten other members of my family. We really had the best time. There was something for all of us. I am not sure if the kids or the adults had more fun. I was even persuaded by the very friendly staff to get on the go carts and the zip line. I must say I enjoyed both. We ended up staying most of the day because this place has everything including pretty good food. All the employees seemed to go out of their way to make sure we all were having fun and tried everything. I am grandma of the year thanks to this place. Very different and great prices

Visited July 2013
1 Thank lisakay255
Indianapolis
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Extremely run-down”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We will not return. The mini-golf area looks like it could be very nice if it was maintained, but it wasn't. Broken windows, no water or stagnant water in the water areas (on a Saturday in June!) carpet so bad it interfered with how the putting was supposed to work. The very worst part of our visit was the concession stand though. The young employee had her finger in her mouth as she walked over to us and did not wash her hands before taking/preparing an order. Yuck! The kids enjoyed the go-karts but really after seeing how poorly everything else was maintained I have to wonder if it was even safe.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank mrsklamc
Bloomington, Indiana
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fun Go-Karting”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

It's a fun place to go go-karting -- just watch out which car you get. Some of them go VERY slow. We had a good time.

Middleburg, Florida
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Dissapointing!!”
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Went here to celebrate a 10 year old boys birthday. Like another reviewer said it needs much work. My big concern was safety. No real instruction, then the attendant left for well over 5 minutes. What happens if someone wrecks and is injured?? It was cheap. But that isn't my idea of a good trade off. Beware!!

2 Thank itsloulou2u