“Outstanding atmosphere, service and food!”

Iozzo's Garden of Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
Iozzo's Garden of Italy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 2,406 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ray Street
Description: Originally established in 1930 Iozzo's Garden of Italy is the Newest Oldest Italian Restaurant in Indianapolis. The high quality menu features a mix of traditional Iozzo Family Italian fare along with a modern twist on Italian dishes.
Reviewed November 30, 2010

My boys took my wife and I to dinner to celebrate our anniversary and birthdays. Our party of 13 ranged in age from 18 mos. to 63 years. The servers were great even entertained our grandchildren. We had an opportunity to meet the manager and chef. I suggest the scallops as they were the best I've ever had. We will return!

Reviewed September 6, 2010

My boyfriend took me here for dinner. I wasn't too excited about going to some family italian place, but I was astounded by how great this place was. The walls are brick and featured with family photos and lights are strung up in the windows. The lanterns above the table are original glass and are like works of art. Our server was Italian and gave us very good suggestions with anything we needed. We ordered the cheese plate to start with, and he brought out our soup and salad at the same time. He let us dine on our starters for about half an hour, which was a nice twist, and gave us time to enjoy it. The cheese plate had 4 different cheeses on it, along with apples, grapes, mango, and ciabatta slices. there was also bread at the table with tomato oil, and it was sooo flavorful as well. I ordered the chicken picatta, my favorite Italian dish, and he ordered a new york strip steak. The lemon capers were biting with a good lemon flavor and the chicken was perfectly grilled. The green beans on the side were very good and mashed potatoes were fresh. His steak was melt-in-your-mouth good and very juicy. We were there for almost two hours feasting on stellar food, and if you enjoy spending time with food, this is the place for you.

Reviewed June 10, 2010

Three of us traveling to Indy went there for lunch. I had the ouzo portabello, which was a very pleasant surprise. It was ten times better than how it was described on the menu. My colleagues had the lunch lasagna, which they said was excellent. Service was fast and efficient. The only drawback: their pizza oven was out of service (in an Italian restaurant?!).

Reviewed March 13, 2010

If in Indy and want good Italian, I recommend Mama Corolla's. The atmosphere at Iozzo's was really nice and we had a very nice Italian server. Food was not worth a trip back. Everything was too salty and the red sauce tasted like tomato paste. There are too many other choices in Indy. I am really upset b/c I wanted this to be the new great place that we could frequent. Oh well, Mama's is close by.

1  Thank cubvolfan
Reviewed January 31, 2010

My husband and I dined here 2 nights ago for our anniversary. I was expecting so much based on the reviews that I read prior to dining here. While the atmosphere and service were excellent, I am sad that the food did not live up to any of the expectations. The crab cake appetizer was just okay, but I do not fault them for this as we are in the Midwest...the best crab cakes in this city are at Oceanaire. The sauce that they serve along with the cakes contributed to their success-- it was good. Unfortunately, the meal went downhill from there. The house salad was a sad presentation of mixed dark green lettuce, a few chopped tomatoes, and unimpressive parmesan--I have better cheese at home. Entrees were even more disappointing--the scallops were unevenly cooked, asparagus burnt, and the potatoes with duck confit were just downright greasy. My husband's bone-in pork chop with amaretto reduction was okay-probably the best thing we ordered. Even dessert couldn't save this meal--I am a big fan of cheesecake and have eaten it all over the world--their mascarpone cheesecake was stiff and flavorless. Again, I was disappointed and hope I save someone a trip. Mama Corrolla's in Broad Ripple is a much better choice for authentic non-chain Italian.

1  Thank whatdouthink