“Birthday Celebration!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Ray Street
Description: Originally established in 1930 Iozzo's Garden of Italy is the Newest Oldest Italian Restaurant in Indianapolis. The high quality menu features a mix of traditional Iozzo Family Italian fare along with a modern twist on Italian dishes.
Reviewed April 3, 2019

My date wanted to take me out for dinner for my birthday, and I chose Iozzo's. First visit! Very initial impression -- there is no dedicated parking. It's catch-as-catch-can on streets in the surrounding neighborhood. A minor discomfort for this mobility challenged guy. Once inside the ancient building, the ambiance could have come straight out of "The Godfather"...We loved it! There are large portraits on the walls of -- whom, founders? -- who appear as Mafia Dons, Homburg hats and all! Staff were very pleasant, cordial, and helpful. Tables nicely dressed with linens and crystal. Extensive wine list, as are menu offerings, with something for every taste. Salads were fresh and crisp. My date had baked penne, while I opted for spaghetti Bolognese, and both were superb. And as a birthday surprise, our server brought a complimentary and generous scoop of excellent Spumoni, complete with candle, enough for us to share. Iozzo's is somewhat upscale, but everything was utterly top notch, and the tariff was appropriate. Just a marvelous experience, enjoyed by all! The food, the staff, the ambiance -- everything.

Date of visit: March 2019
Write a reviewReviews (345)

Reviewed April 3, 2019

If your used to big Sunday Italian dinners at your house, you get the same experience at Iozzo's Garden of Italy. We had the pleasure of eating there this past weekend. Yes, it was loud, yes it was noisy, but oh so much better. The place was packed, always a good sign, seemed like the perfect neighborhood restaurant. We were seated and immediatley met by Dana, our server for the evening. She took our drink order of a bottle of a wonderful montepulciano red, and also our appetizer which consisted of their three meatball martini over spaghetti and a caprese salad. The marketing of three meatballs over spaghetti in a martini glass was perfect, what better way to enjoy delicious meatballs. The caprese was a little lacking as really not the best time of year to get tomatoes. Should have gone in a different direction for that app. For my dinner entree I had Cacio E Pepe with buccatini pasta, I really enjoyed this dish, my wife had lump crab meat over tagliatelle in an alfredo sauce, another delicious entree. We shared a cheesecake brulee which also was hit. So if your in Indianapolis and you want to feel like your at Nonna's house on Sunday, head to Iozzo's you won't be disappointed..........

1  Thank soonerboston
Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I were craving Italian food last weekend. We ran down many options and finally I remembered Iozzo’s Garden. We had a great calamari appetizer and I had Lasagna. Both were fantastic. My wife had gnocchi fettuccine (if I remember correctly). It was very good, but the lasagna out-did the gnocchi. Again, very good food, service, atmosphere.

Thank you for a wonderful night Iozzo’s!

Reviewed March 6, 2019 via mobile

Found this on trip advisor and glad I went. Food and staff were amazing. A special thanks to Joyce for making the night fun! Overall a 5 star place to visit

Reviewed February 11, 2019

I'm not Italian but I love Italian food. I'm a bit of a food snob and I was quite delighted with the flavors at Iozzo's. My husband & I celebrated our 30th anniversary here and cannot wait to go back to try something else off their wonderful menu. Our waiter also shared the story of Iozzo's which is fascinating. I cannot tell Italians that this food it authentic since I have no frame of reference but it's authentic to me. No chain restaurant can come close to the flavors you'll get here. The interior is small so be sure to make a reservation to lock in your table, you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: October 2018