“India in America strange tales but true.”
Review of Fountainview Inn

Fountainview Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indianapolis
Fountainview Inn
Ranked #9 of 18 Indianapolis B&B and Inns
Memphis, Tennessee
“India in America strange tales but true.”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We booked to be close to a Thai restaurant and discovered a most beautiful building of an America from days of Prosperity, Grand scale of design and confidence so far removed from the poverty pack now associated with American downtowns.
The rooms are an eclectic mix of 70s, modern contemporary and el cheapo Home Depot, clean and tidy, a TV that can barley be watched due to static, wifi signal that was better in the bathroom than in bed. The chairs dragging over the upstairs dining area create that not so welcome presence. But depite being horribly over priced the place is a gem ! You will have a nice time here, drinking boutique beers and cocktails overlooking the city from the roof top gardens, throwing little balls on the antique bowling alley, drinking real coffee over the road, and just being immersed in a some what bizarre American hotel that realy belongs in those classic Indian hotels then this is a must do, consider the high cost of staying your contribution to maintaining an Indianapolis landmark, finally anyone who keeps chooks ( chickens on the establishment must be ok )

Room Tip: Avoid being under the bowling ball area.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ted N

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
louisville
Reviewed March 29, 2014

My husband, brother, son and my son friend stayed after the sweet sixteen game. No hotels were available in the downtown area. My husband said it worked perfect. He parked in front of the building. They took a 5 minute cab ride to and from the game. No parking fee at the hotel. They ate a a BBQ place downstairs before they left for the game and said it was good. Then had breakfast at another place and said it was good. When they went upstairs to the room around three he said it kinda sounded like someone was bowling. The bowling alley closes at 11pm. It did not bother them. They had a 2 bedroom with a little kitchen and one bath. Really glad I found the place. It worked perfect for them.

Room Tip: All the rooms are on one floor. They lady told me what would work for us when I called and she was r...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank hersey24
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our son & his new wife were married on Friday, April 5th 2013 and had their reception at the Fountain Square Theater. My husband and I, along with other members of the bride's family decided to stay in the suites at the Fountainview Inn for the convenience of not driving home after the reception (open bar).

I must admit I was happily surprised by the appearance of the suites. We stayed in room 307 which had a kitchenette, separate sitting area, comfortable king size bed and a huge bathroom with a large 2-person jacuzzi tub with a rain showerhead. The room itself was decorated in a 1940's motif, which completely goes with the whole nostalgic feel of the building. I must admit...the jacuzzi tub felt fantastic after dancing all night!

The owner greeted us upon our arrival and took us up to our room. He was very informative and helpful. The nice thing about this hotel is that there are only 12 suites and no "public" access. You must have an elevator key to access the 3rd floor and a code # for entrance to the building after midnight.

The only drawback to our stay was a couple minor cleaning issues, but nothing that would prevent me from staying at this nostalgic boutique hotel in the future. We all had a wonderful time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Linda0212
Kalamazoo, MI
Reviewed August 20, 2012

You're not going to find the Fountainview Inn with your typical search sites like Kayak or Hotels.com. This unique gem can only be found by knowing what you're looking for.

Located in the renewed Fountain Square neighborhood, the Fountainview occupies the third floor of a building that also contains two restaurants and a bowling alley.

There are only 10 rooms. Mine was set up like a one bedroom apartment with a small kitchenette, a bedroom with its own door and a television/sitting room. It reminded me of a bed and breakfast minus the breakfast.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. They live in the building and are available 24/7 if you need anything.

Fountain Square is a brisk 30 minute walk from the Indiana Convention Center and there is a free public parking lot across the street. If you don't mind walking a bit, you'll save quite a bit on downtown parking. This a funky neighborhood going through some great renewal. Check it out before everyone discovers it!

I loved my stay here, but I imagine it's not for everyone. The fourth floor bowling alley is literally above the rooms. It seems to close at 10:00, so unless you need to retire early, it's not a bother. I actually found the rumble soothing!

• Stayed August 2012