“Super Convenient to Downtown Indy -- Super Comfortable Beds”

Wyndham Indianapolis West
Ranked #68 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Michigan
“Super Convenient to Downtown Indy -- Super Comfortable Beds”
Reviewed April 10, 2010

We came to Indianapolis for the Final Four. This city is a great location for this type of event.

Unable to get a reservation in a downtown hotel, we made a reservation at the Wyndham just as a back up while still hoping for something downtown.

Finally on check in day I called the Wyndham to verify cancellation time. The agent I spoke to was so helpful (Allison?) that I really questioned whether or not to spend an additional $120-$180 per night more for downtown. So, at the last minute we decided to keep our spot at the Wyndham.

Check in was quick, parking free. I believe that the hotel was near capacity, but did not seem crowded or hectic. The room was nice and clean and quiet and the bed very comfortable. Free wireless internet was much appreciated, as was the nice flat screen TV.

We did spend a lot of time in downtown Indy. Our commute to and from the Wyndham could not have been easier. A quick walk to the car and easy on and off the expressway and we were there--10 to 15 minutes and we were right in the middle of the action. The only negative was non-functioning ice machines at the far end of our floor and the one below. Did get ice two floors below. I thought maybe they were just overtaxed due to the fullness of the hotel, but they didn't work the next day either. Other than that one problem all was great!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
WyndhamRM, Manager at Wyndham Indianapolis West, responded to this review, April 27, 2010
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review!
We are very glad you had a great stay with us at the Wyndham Indianapolis West. You will be happy to know that we have fixed the problem with our ice machines!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Kansas City
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I had just finished a tiring weekend of volleyball downtown, and my mother and I were looking to find a hotel with easy access to the airport with good rates, and somewhat luxurious. The desk staff was very friendly, and when we left without a map to go to the airport, the desk clerk even ran out to our car to give one to us! Most wouldn't go to such lengths. The rooms were very spacious, and the TV's were nice, large flat screens. Although the restaurants looked very nice, from what I could see, we didn't eat there because we were too exhausted. We did, however, order pizza from the restaurant, and it was probably one of the best pizzas I had ever eaten. It was reasonably priced too. The best parts were the beds. I've stayed at some very, very luxurious hotels all over the country, but I have never had such comfortable beds. Overall, this is a great hotel, and I will definitely stay there if I am ever in Indianapolis again!

• Stayed March 2010
WyndhamRM, Manager at Wyndham Indianapolis West, responded to this review, March 31, 2010
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Wyndham Indianapolis West. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We try very hard to exceed our guest's expectations and are happy we succeeded.
Indiana
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I chose this hotel primarily for the convenience and the ability to leave my car while I was on a trip. I stayed only two nights, one before the trip and the night that I returned so I didn't use many of the facilities.

The room was wonderful and the bed FANTASTIC!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Fendo007
Reviewed March 8, 2010

Great Experience. Great time. We were there for a State Dart Championship. The staff was great and the hotel was clean. I would definately stay there again even for other reasons (other than darts).

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
WyndhamRM, Manager at Wyndham Indianapolis West, responded to this review, March 10, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a response. We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Wyndham Indianapolis West. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Mount Vernon, Indiana
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Was there w/family for the state dart tourney and it was very loud, all day and night. Beer bottles were in elevator floors, drunk people were everywhere and smoking was aloud in part of the hotel but people were smoking in the rooms next to us. My allergies were horrible, I woke myself up sneezing and I couldn't breath through my nose the whole time we were there. It seemed that there were no rules being inforced! We were awakened by the private affairs of our neighbors to our left the first night and then awakened by banging on the door two separate times from our neighbors on the right the second night. While there the alarm, either fire or elevator, went off but we were not informed what to do. Pricesin the gift shop were outrageous, paid $2.50 for soda. Employees were very nice!

Stayed February 2010
WyndhamRM, Manager at Wyndham Indianapolis West, responded to this review, March 4, 2010
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. We did have a large tournament here over your stay dates. This tournament comes in once a year. We do hope you will return to our hotel in the future. I'm glad that you did find our staff friendly!
monticello
Reviewed February 3, 2010

excellent time,good food,liked the 24 hour service to airport which was our deciding factor in staying at Wyndham. we would stay againg on our next trip.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
WyndhamRM, Manager at Wyndham Indianapolis West, responded to this review, February 4, 2010
Thank you for posting a comment. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at the Wyndham Indianapolis West! Thank you for commenting on our shuttle service, we are excited that we are adding an additional shuttle to our fleet!
Florida
Reviewed January 31, 2010

Very easy to get to-great place for Park& Fly. I had room service it was the best home made Pizza I have ever had!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your comment on the Wyndham Indianapolis West. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the pizza, it receives many compliments!