“Everything is right”

Ranked #78 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
“Everything is right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I like to reserve 5 stars for resort locations where there is knock your socks off facilities. But how can you fault a hotel that is a business property but everything is perfect? The rooms are clean and well appointed. Three different types of pillows, even. The TV is a nice wide screen. The soaps are great. The help is nice. The restaurant's good (not much else in the neighborhood, though); even a omelet station on the buffet during the week!. Great big workout room with TV's on all the equipment. Can't find a fault so ... 5 stars, they get.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sandy B, General Manager at Wyndham Indianapolis West, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. From our clean, comfortable accommodations, great food and convenient location, we feel we are the best kept secret in Indianapolis. Our associates love what they do and we appreciate hearing all about our your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Louisville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Second stay here, again the room was clean and fresh, this stay was dampened however by the elevators. The one elevator that worked was extremely slow to get after the button was pushed, and slow to get to the floor you selected.You could use the service elevator but it usually had employees doing their job with carts and food trays and such. The lounge was good but packed due to a car show in town, service was still pretty good and we ate there two nights and the food was very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sandy B, General Manager at Wyndham Indianapolis West, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. From our clean, comfortable accommodations and convenient location, we feel we are the best kept secret in Indianapolis. Our associates love what they do and it is great to read that you enjoyed your time in our lounge. I am truly sorry about the elevators it was an unforeseen panel and being over the weekend the part was not available till Monday. We would be happy to welcome you back again for your next visit to the area, and we hope it is soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here two nights and enjoyed the hotel very much. The employees go out of their way to be accommodating. The food at the Resturant was very good and the bar serves a good drink. The hotel and our room was very clean in every way. Great place to stay and the price was right.

• Stayed September 2012
Sandy B, General Manager at Wyndham Indianapolis West, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
We always appreciate when a guest takes the time to provide feedback regarding their stay at the Wyndham Indianapolis West, thank you! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and had a great experience in our restaurant and bar. I will share your comments with the team and we hope to see you again!

Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I only stayed here on the evening of Aug. 20, 2012 because Delta begged people to give up their seats on the IND-MSP flight in exchange for vouchers, a hotel night, etc. I took them up on the offer. Mistake.

The breakfast voucher to be used hardly covered o.j. at the very badly stocked Starbucks in the lobby of the hotel. But the worst part was when checking in I specifically asked to NOT be located near the elevator. I was located near the elevator anyway but I thought, "how bad can it be?" IT WAS A SLEEPLESS NIGHT with all of the elevator ding, ding, ding and associated people getting off and on. Room was shabby, etc.

I have complained to Delta but this is the first complaint I have filed directly under the hotel name. Surely other folks getting Delta vouchers have had horrible experiences at this hotel as well? If so, I sure hope Delta and this hotel are listening. Delta, for its part, is refusing to respond to my direct complaints to them (three of them now).

If you are given a voucher for a free night at this hotel, turn it down and ask for a different hotel!

Room Tip: Certainly, get one away from the elevator!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Allison B, General Manager at Wyndham Indianapolis West, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
First, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. As a frequent traveler myself I can understand your thoughts on being put into a hotel in a strange city. I am sorry about the lack of responsiveness from our team. I will certainly look into why our Food and Beverage team did not have Starbucks stocked properly. It is inexcusable and should not have happened. On having a room next to the elevator, in looking at how full we were that night we were pretty tight on what was available and I am sorry we could not handle your request. We take our guest request to heart here and we will discuss your issues.

Sandy Buonanni

Travelers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed here for one night when driving from Pittsburgh to Saint Louis. I got the hotel as a 3.5 star on Hotwire and I think that the star rating fairly reflects the hotel. It is very comfortable, has attentive staff, it's quiet and has a nice restaurant and a very convenient 24-hour coffee shop. Even though I got a hotel in the ground floor (when I book in Priceline and hotwire I typically get a less-than-prime room), I did not have any complaints about noise or nuissance. I do not know how accessible it is for the airport, but it is definitely a good option if you are driving on the 70 to the West, since the highway has easy access and you do not have to deal with downtown Indy traffic. Parking is free (which is great). The only quip (which is not a big deal) is that it is kind of old and outdated and could use some remodeling. Also, if you are planning a multi-day stay, the location might be an issue. It is located in an ugly industrial district surrounded by a somewhat shady neighborhood. However, if you do stay here, drive to the Tamale Place. It is an unassuming restaurant five minutes away, in a strip mall, but the food is to die for. In the end, for the purpose of driving between cities the hotel was excellent.

Room Tip: Higher falls might be better.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Allison B, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Indianapolis West, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. I appreciate your thoughts on our hotel and area and I want you to know that we are always looking at ways to improve. It was our pleasure having you with us, and we look forward to your next visit!
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed here for the MotoGP races. I had always stayed "downtown" for the races and was concerned about staying "out by the airport." However, this hotel quickly erased my concerns and exceeded my expectations. After having traveled all day to get there we just wanted a bite to eat at the restaurant (there are no others around by the way). Fortunately, they had an EXCELLENT buffet for just $16.95, usually they only serve off the menu but the hotel was full. David, the restaurant manager greeted us and we quickly struck up a great conversation about wine - his knowledge is extensive and he made great recommendations. Their wine and liquor selections are very high quality - not what you'd expect for an "airport hotel." If you don't finish your bottle, they will seal and store it for you for the next night. David asked our names and remembered them the next three nights we were there. Yes, we at all of our dinners there because it was so yummy and the service was excellent, warm and friendly and the servers remembered us too. The breakfast buffet was great with a made-to-order omelet station. One night the buffet had main dishes with garlic (that I can't eat) so the head chef came out to help me create a dish from the Italian menu without garlic. I appreciated that personal touch. We had a great room on the 4th floor and our maid service was great, no airport noise. The hotel is a quick shot to the track - with back roads instead of getting caught in the GPS routed traffic, only taking 15 minutes each way. We even found a few residential front yards to park in for the same price as the track's lots and that helped for quick in/out as well (we felt safe since we could even see our car from our seats at the track). The fitness room is nothing great, but served it purpose. The water cooler in there is ice cold so we filled our camelbacks with it and ice to keep us cool at the track. The hotel was very motorcycle friendly and allowed them to all be parked up front under cover so they could be watched and be out of the elements. Plenty of room for trailer parking if you're driving your bikes in. One of the race teams (and rider) stayed there so we got to be a bit "star struck." Also a high-end vendor group stayed there as well. I will definitely stay at this hotel when I attend the races again next year.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and had no airport or highway noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandy B, General Manager at Wyndham Indianapolis West, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay! We truly appreciate the comments on our staff, service and hotel. We believe as you found out that we are the best kept secret in Indianapolis! I will be sharing all your comments with the team and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Ms.Mitchelle was our Hotel Contact, She made herself available for each the four (4) days of our Family Reunion. I was on Committee to help with the final details and with her attention to details, no one was aware when something did not go just as our committee had hoped. The front desk staff checked our guest in with a smile. Affordable, great location & accommodations for the $. The coffee shop at the entrance, the lay-out with banquet facilities on one end and pool in the middle made the accommodations at the hotel great for our family and the other guest. No one was in the way of the other. The Banquet service manager handled our afternoon and evening affairs with flair. The Thank you Wyndham and especially to Ms. Mitchelle and our Family Coordinator. What an impressive event.

Room Tip: corner rooms are suites and worth the extra $'s.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your Reunion here at the Wyndahm. I can see you were in the best hands in the buisness with our Michelle! She is truly the best and wants all of her customers to have the greatest experience ever. I will share you comments with our Front Desk and Banquet team also. They will be happy to know that your family had a great time and that they were part of the experience.

Thank you again and we hope to see you and some of your family again in the future!